Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Postal presentation
Post Postal presentation 
Today the postman delivered my Pingat Jasa Malaysia and what a beautiful presentation of the medal and case it is, along with the citation. Compared to the presentation of my GSM which arrived was some fortyplus years late, it arrived in a jiffy bag containing a small brown envelope in a small white cardboard box separate of the ribbon.
To me both medals are held in the same value and pride, and both will be worn come remembrance day, one worn legally and one worn illegally and to the Honours and Decoration eightman gang two big upright fingers with a wish that after this month the government see sense and save a bit of tax payers money by disbanding the quango H+D committee.
It is time that Tony Blair and his MP’s got together and disbanded this dinosaur monster called Honours and Decoration Dept. who are treating the veterans with discontent. In a democratic society unelected quangos should not exist. I am convinced that the people of this nation would welcome the H+D being made redundant rather than cutting back on HM Forces, the Forces save the nation in times of crisis whilst the H+D committee make us the laughing stock of the world with their stupid decisions that they make

How about those that have received their PJMs just posting a note here saying what they think of the presentation box, the medal, ribbon and miniature, plus of course the citation, will you wear it? How proud are you of the Malaysians in presenting this award to us and how disgusted you are with those in Whitehall that have pooped on our award.

I received both my own and my fathers posthumous PJM at an award presentation ceremony at Colchester Castle Park on October 1st. I am immensely proud to receive these awards from The Malaysians and their generosity. The medal is beautifully presented.

The sad part is that the Mandarins in Whitehall have so far rained on our parade, well on Sunday the 12th November, the sun is going to shine on those two medals, they will be riding high on my lapels. If it causes those in power offence, then that is just TOUGH!

The weather forecast for London on Sunday is set to be sunny. What a sight it will be with the sun reflecting off the medals worn by those of us who will march down Whitehall, past the Cenotaph and the cheering crowds. But no medal will shine brighter, or with more pride and honour, than the PJM on my chest. I am hoping to meet up with as many PJM wearers as possible before the muster and I think that a group photo will be the order of the day. So let's all try to get together.
GerryL

I have e-mailed the Malaysian High Commission and I have informed them that I wish to pay the postage and packing of my PJM myself as I do not think that they should bear the cost. I will be proud to receive and to wear mine and I will always hold the people of Malaysia in the highest regard.

John

Two of my friends and colleagues have both received their PJMs, one on Saturday and one today, so hang in there!

I received my PJM through the post yesterday Laughing Am i the first welshman to get them i wonder??..Rob

I received my PJM through the post yesterday Laughing Am i the first welshman to get them i wonder??..Rob

Well done Rob, spread the word get your pics in the paper and a story how you are not permitted to wear it! It is surprising the number of vets out there that do not know about this award

Hi Robbie,

Will you have a mo' to contact The Don and ask him if he would start an EDM in the Commons supporting your request that you be given permission to wear your PJM? He said he would do that for PJMers, and now's a great time for him to do so.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Barry

At my RBL Branch AGM last night I read out the Notice of Motion passed by the executive for the County AGM regarding the PJM and explained the circumstances surrounding it to everyone present.

There was a roar of disapproval and they unanimously supported the executives decision to put forward the motion. At the end of the meeting I was approached by the daughter of a deceased serviceman and an ex RAF veteran both of whom had not heard of the award and who are now applying.

Keep this up Mr. Coney and your favourite government will reach the maximum number applicants in the UK none of whom will vote for this shower as a result. Will that mean that you will not get your 'gong' when you go?

John

At my RBL Branch AGM last night I read out the Notice of Motion passed by the executive for the County AGM regarding the PJM and explained the circumstances surrounding it to everyone present.

There was a roar of disapproval and they unanimously supported the executives decision to put forward the motion. At the end of the meeting I was approached by the daughter of a deceased serviceman and an ex RAF veteran both of whom had not heard of the award and who are now applying.

Thanks for plugging away, John. That is excellent news of support from your branch of the RBL. The national committeee only need to extrapolate that branch support throughout the RBL and we would have them actively supporting as on a national scale. I understand that the vast majority of RBL members do support us when they hear the facts.

And thanks for helping out those two PJMers.

Barry

I am a new boy to the forum so if I make any errors in etiquette please bear with me. My service in Malaysia was in Borneo with the RAF June 65 to June 66. I applied for the medal quite some time ago, not sure exactly when. I don't know if the application was received or not.
I note that people are receiving medals in the post. Did anybody have notification that they were actually on the list to be awarded?

I am a new boy to the forum so if I make any errors in etiquette please bear with me. My service in Malaysia was in Borneo with the RAF June 65 to June 66. I applied for the medal quite some time ago, not sure exactly when. I don't know if the application was received or not.
I note that people are receiving medals in the post. Did anybody have notification that they were actually on the list to be awarded?

Welcome Peter! There are a few bods from Borneo on here from your time. So if you need any help with anything just SHOUT Shocked We are here to help and any help in letter writing to your MP is covered on this forum or the main web page above. Some of these PJMs might take a while to get through the system, it must be a logistical nightmare to The MHC in London, so bear with it.

PS Edit......... I noticed Peter that you have signed in on my RAF forum and that your email location is Malta, is their a Malaysian High Commission in Valletta that you could contact?

Many thanks for your replies. I will check about the Malaysian High Commission in Malta. As you may have guessed Malta was another one of my postings and I finally settled here. But I do have fond memories of my tour in Borneo.
thanks again.

Peter

I am a new boy to the forum so if I make any errors in etiquette please bear with me. My service in Malaysia was in Borneo with the RAF June 65 to June 66.

Welcome Peter.

I too was in Borneo etc. I rotated regularly from RAAF Butterworth, I was serving with 52 Squadron, RAF (Valettas).

Just a quick clarification. The Scottish vets, (KOSB's), travelled to Malaysia as part of a long arranged 50th anniversary celebration and were able, through the good offices of their former Regimental Commanders, the BHC KL, and the MHC London, to have their PJM medals presented at a ceremony whilst they were in Kuala Lumpur. The advance party of the anniversary committee confirmed the arrangements whilst in Kuala Lumpur.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next