Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Re: THOUGHT OF THE DAY 
ro5=6372 wrote:
OH . . .

Where's me black pen!!

Post Thought of the day 
Ok Pete.

You now qualify for a blue station card.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Thought of the day 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Ok Pete.

You now qualify for a blue station card.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Oi ! That card was for the Day workers only..... - you know, the ones who also worked late nights on RASs and store ship alongside when the Port & Stbd watches were gaily snoozing and /or zipping ashore.... Razz

Post Thought of the Day 
Whitemouse,

Reference blue station card.

Yeah! I remember when the Port and Starboard watches turned out to store ship at 'Singers' - Naval Stores party - eighteen stalwart - men to get in about half a ton of naval stores, but left me on my tod to get nearly nine tons of victualling stores in on my own.

I hope they all slept soundly with a clear conscience, because I ached for weeks after that.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I'D SWING THE LAMP, FOR THAT,BUT I CAN'T HONESTLY REMEMBER SEING ANY GOFFERS IN THE STORES BASIN,TO KEEP IT GOING Wink

Post Thought of the day 
Unfortunately Pete, it's true.

I swore at the Buffer, then the Supply Officer.
The Commanding Officer of the Manxman, was in a quandry.

While I was technically in the right, I was the subject of 21 days No 9 punishment.
I was damned lucky I wasn't given a Court Martial, but he had a certain sympathy for my predicament.

Interesting to note that the Buffer got the BEM for his services, and well deserved if I might add, and the Supply Officer was sent back to Terror with a severe reprimand for failing to provide adequate leadership skills.

The only goffer I got in the basin, was when my killick threw a bucket of water over me for a prank.

Yours Aye

Arthur

MORNIN ARTHUR,WHEN BULWARK WAS AT FREEMANTLE SOMETIME IN 64-65,EVERYONE WAS DOING A RUNNER,I'D DONE MY 24 ON ;ON A GENNY,KNACKERED,GOT A SHAKE FROM ONE OF THE ENGINERS SUB LT H*YH*E (CHINLESS TOSSER),AS SOMEONE HAD SCAPPERED,AND ABANDONED THEIR POST,WELL I THOUGHT IF THE OLD HANDS COULD DO IT,I SCAPPERED, TOO, THREE OR FOUR DAYS,(THANK YOU VICKY),I THINK THE ENTIRE SHIPS COMPANY WAS IN THE RATTLE,WE LEFT 22 -27 BEHIND! ;AT ONE TIME IT GOT SO BAD BODS WERE SLIDING DOWN ROPES FROM OUTBOARD SPONSONS,KIT IN A POLY BAG ,IN THE OGGIN AND SWIM FOR IT,TRUE Exclamation ,WELL THE SOLUTION WAS Idea TO POST ,6 SENTRIES Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing Wink Wink THE LENGTH OF BULWARK ON THE JETTY,HALF BLUES ,WHITE BELTS GAITERS AND N.P. ARMBAND,OFFICER THE WATCH Shocked WENT TO CHECK 'EM ,AND FOUND A NICE LITTLE PILE OF,6 ARMBANDS, 6 WHITE BELTS,AND 12 WHITE GAITERS,AS USUAL ONCE IN THE SH*T WAS A JOB TO GET OUT,I ENDED UP DOING 42 DAYS 9's IN 49 DAYS, WHICH WAS A PERSONAL BEST!!, YEARS LATER ON GOING TO TAMAR REG OFFICE,AS ARETHUSA'S KILLICK OF THE PATROL FOR WANCHAI, ONE OF BULWARKS EX L.REG ,DIDN'T EVEN LOOK UP FROM HIS DESK ,AS HE SAID 'MAKES A CHANGE TO HAVE YOU ON OUR SIDE PETE' Rolling Eyes ,HAPPY DAYS,AND ALL THE MORE REASON ,TO NAIL THE ARSE OF THE LIKES OF GILLETTE-DULLWILKE,TOTHE BULKHEAD,NO APOLOGISES AIN'T IT GREAT TO BE POLITICALLY INCORRECT Exclamation Wink

Post Re: Thought of the day 
[quote="Arthur R-S"]Unfortunately Pete, it's true.

I swore at the Buffer, then the Supply Officer.
The Commanding Officer of the Manxman, was in a quandry.

While I was technically in the right, I was the subject of 21 days No 9 punishment.
I was damned lucky I wasn't given a Court Martial, but he had a certain sympathy for my predicament.

Interesting to note that the Buffer got the BEM for his services, and well deserved if I might add, and the Supply Officer was sent back to Terror with a severe reprimand for failing to provide adequate leadership skills.

The only goffer I got in the basin, was when my killick threw a bucket of water over me for a prank.

Yours Aye

Arthur[/quote] MY KILLICK WOULD HAVE LEFT THE WATER IN THE BUCKET----AND HEAVED THE LOT Exclamation

Post Thought of the Day 
Yeah! I'm afraid that wasn't the only blot on my copybook.

But your 24 hours on the Jenny, reminds me of a tale that my Grandfather told me when he was the Warrant Gunner, on the Cruiser the Cochrane, during the Battle of Jutland.

He said the stokers in the black gang crew, were spitting and coughing up coal dust for a week after the battle.

One of the stokers, an ex miner, reckoned it was safer and healthier, back down the mines.

Makes you think that we got away with it very lightly.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Thought of the Day 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Whitemouse,

Reference blue station card.

Yeah! I remember when the Port and Starboard watches turned out to store ship at 'Singers' - Naval Stores party - eighteen stalwart - men to get in about half a ton of naval stores, but left me on my tod to get nearly nine tons of victualling stores in on my own.

I hope they all slept soundly with a clear conscience, because I ached for weeks after that.

Yours Aye

Arthur

You must have upset your buddies somewhat? ..... Where were they - helping the Dusty S perhaps ?

The other branches used to give us their stalwarts (very nice word that) who were, to a man, the youngest baby sailors they could find! Laughing

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1