Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Armistice Day Saturday November 11th 2006
Post rememberance 
Good for you Roy.
Wore mine too (replica) at York Minster for 2 Signal Regiments Rememberance Service.

John

Last edited by Semengo13 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.

JC and Alex Carrie both served together on the last Flying Boat Squadron in the RAF (Sunderland cockpit beyond). Ironically that was 1958 today we now live two miles apart!

Post PJM's on Parade 
I stood alone at the 'Cha wallah's tent' from 0930-0945hrs on Sunday at Horseguards Parade,Two PJM's spotted in the distance,one spotted on the way in....no 'team piccie'sadly
Still I wore my replica OUTSIDE the MOD and no-one asked me in for a talk. Sad

Post PJM 
I wrote to my MP on the matter of the PJM and in due course received a sympathetic reply from him. He also enclosed a letter from the Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs which was a reply to my MP's enquiries on my behalf. That letter contains the following passage:
"The wearing of non-British awards is not policed, and no law is broken if an individual wears such an award, even though official permission to do so may not have been given....."
It seems to me therefore that we are in the ludicrous situation whereby in seeking permission to wear the PJM we are, in fact, asking permission NOT to break the law!
One other point occurs to me; since only British qualifiers for the PJM are being denied permission to wear the medal, are we not being discriminated against because of our nationality, and is that not against British law?

Post PJM's on Parade 
Smudger
I was on Horse Guards but obviously missed you. I spent most of the time from about 08:30 until about 09:15 wandering around trying to identify PJMers and met up with 2 in my own contingent.
Gerry

Post Re: PJM 
BillG wrote:
I wrote to my MP on the matter of the PJM and in due course received a sympathetic reply from him. He also enclosed a letter from the Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs ...

Great stuff, BillG. That's what we need most of all. Lobbying of MPs.

BillG wrote:
... One other point occurs to me; since only British qualifiers for the PJM are being denied permission to wear the medal, are we not being discriminated against because of our nationality, and is that not against British law?

Yes - this matter of discrimination is very relevant. There are many examples in the Rebuttal and Update - and summarised in the List of PJMers concerns. If the HD Committee reject our appeal, I am sure that these issues will be looked in to.

Rebuttal: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Rebuttal_of_PJM_Ministerial_Statement_31012006.pdf

Update: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Rebuttal_Update/Rebuttal_Update_Addenda_v4_complete2b.pdf

List of PJMers' Concerns: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/PJM_Appeal_List_of_Supporters_Issues_061106.pdf

Then there are the many posts on this Forum expressing considerable disquiet about the discrimination question.

Thanks for your support,

Barry

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3