Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Nottingham
Post Nottingham 
There was a PJM presentation ceremony at Chilwell, Nottingham, last week. Sadly no press coverage but I am hoping to get some pictures this week. Once again the Malaysian General was generous in his praise for British Veterans.
Gerry

Post Re Nottingham 
You all looked smart and extremely proud to receive your medals from a distinguished member of the Malaysian armed forces as did the members that received theirs in the capital earlier this year. Wonderful photos and again well done. Peter.

Welcome to the forum Peter and thanks for your post, were you yourself a recipient of the PJM? Can you please provide more details of the event, where/when/ number of attendees etc

This helps when seeing the numbers involved as 40 seems to be the average at presentation ceremonies

Post Nottingham 
John.
Unfortunately I have yet to be informed as to my suitability. I applied in Feb this year to an overworked Fred when I actually joined the Association
I did in fact look at the site supplied by George F (above my entry on this thread) The photos I refer to were the ones on the NMBVA site and showed the London presentations and those at Chilwell,Notts recently.
Best Regards and thanks for the welcome.
Peter.

Thanks for the reply, hang in there, I'm sure I have heard this before 'but sometime soon' might be in the next few weeks/months. The MHC in London must have a terrible logistical problem.

Wouldn't you think our own MoD would have done the cricket thing and let the Malaysians bat last and helped them out like our equivalent MoD in NZ/Oz did, no nothing from our MoD except for someone to rubberstamp the applications. Embarassed

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1