Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
NOT TO WEAR
Post NOT TO WEAR 
Jack 'the lad' Straw, that man who deposited so called rules in the House Library which were intended to place restrictions on British Citizens has now caused some upset by stating that women who wear veils (Muslims) will be asked to remove them when he is speaking to them etc.

Now we have the usual indignant response from those who feel aggrieved at everything and the following statements have been uttered in this connection:-

Liberal Democrat Constitutional Affairs Spokesman - Simon Hughes said - he questioned whether it was Mr. Straw's place to question the way that members of the public dress.

Protect Hajib organiser Rajnaara Akhtar - suggested that the 'appaling comments' showed a deep lack of understanding and Mr. Straw is a public servant and he cannot dictate to the public how they should dress.

Hazel Blears MP - on BBC TV Question Time last night (5/10/06) - It is not up to the government to dictate what people will or will not wear.

So there we have it. There are no statutory rules involved with the PJM so they have no right, (they meaning unelected members of the government and not even elected Ministers) to tell the British Public or any section of the British Public what to wear or not wear. Hazel Blears MP, a Government Minister has said so and it is on camera.

That is a cracker Andy!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Very Happy

Nice in theory but look at restrictions placed on us already....
No crash helmets in banks.
No hoods in shopping precincts.
Ties must be worn in certain places etc.etc.

The right to wear what ever you want applies to only certain sections of our society and WE do not fall within that section!!!

Bob

...Indeed there are many other examples of 'dress code' enforcement...'No Shirt - No Service'...'No Shorts on the Fairway'...'Jacket and Tie Mandatory'...

However it takes a bit of a stretch of even the most fertile imagination to draw a parallel between some 'Lager Lout' wearing a crash helmet in a bank (privately owned premises!), or attempting to enter a fashionable restaurant (privately owned premises) clad in tee shirt and jeans...and a 70 year old veteran wearing a PJM while marching in an organized Remembrance Day Parade on the public thoroughfare?

Seems to me that 'public safety' and 'good order' are negatively affected by some, so called, 'rights' and not affected at all by others?

Subject: Hazel Blears MP
To: Paul.Edwards3@fco.gov.uk, chris.edge@fco.gov.uk, Ian.Keith798@mod.uk, Caron.Mason-Mahon@fco.gov.uk, Richard.Coney506@mod.uk, eleri.pengelly@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk, denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

Hazel Blears MP on BBC TV Question Time last night (5/10/06) - It is not up to the government to dictate what people will or will not wear.

Am I correct in the utterances made by Ms Blears last night, if that is the case then you in The Foreign Office, The MoD, The Cabinet Office and all other Whitehall Offices have no right in telling me what I can or cannot wear especially when it comes to the wearing of The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal

You have every right not to answer this email, if you should chose not to do so with my name and address supplied this will be noted on the Maladministration Charges I will be laying before some of you in the future

John Cooper

I get the impression that if this was a bull fight and you were the bull, you would be at the head down hooves scraping the deck, just befor the charge stage!!

You'll get a big "OLE" from me.

Bob

Andy,
Nice in theory but look at restrictions placed on us already....
No crash helmets in banks.
No hoods in shopping precincts.
Ties must be worn in certain places etc.etc.

The right to wear what ever you want applies to only certain sections of our society and WE do not fall within that section!!!

Bob

Bob,

We have a slight difference of opinion here. Hazel Blears is an MP and she said on camera 'it is not up to the government to dictate what people will or will not wear'. The instances you have quoted are rules made by owners of private premises and not the GOVERNMENT. Now if a Government Minister says the government cannot dictate what you wear, in the absence of regulations or laws passed by our Parliament then the 'suits' have no authority over the wearing of medals and the sooner they realise it the better. If I am wrong and the government can tell civilians not to walk on the cracks on the pavement, or not to wear a floral shirt in public, etc. then it is time we changed it.

Post Casting a veil over (ad)dress codes 
mcdangle wrote:
Hazel Blears is an MP.

There's more. Hazel Blears is not just an MP, she is:

1. Chair of the Labour Party, and ... ... da da dada ...

2. Minister without Portfolio at the ... Cabinet Office (ergo, an office neighbour of the HQ of the HD Committee and Committee members such as Dennis Brennan).

Ivor, you are right there and for all those thousands of British squaddies that are injured and having to fight to get seen by the NHS, Tidworth still has a Military Hospital! Well almost, it is empty, just like the heads of those who pretend to govern this country.

Come the revolution brothers (and sisters)

John

Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:27:20 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Hazel Blears MP
To: Paul.Edwards3@fco.gov.uk, chris.edge@fco.gov.uk, Ian.Keith798@mod.uk, Caron.Mason-Mahon@fco.gov.uk, Richard.Coney506@mod.uk, eleri.pengelly@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk, denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

Hazel Blears MP on BBC TV Question Time last night (5/10/06) - It is not up to the government to dictate what people will or will not wear.

Am I correct in the utterances made by Ms Blears last night, if that is the case then you in The Foreign Office, The MoD, The Cabinet Office and all other Whitehall Offices have no right in telling me what I can or cannot wear especially when it comes to the wearing of The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal

You have every right not to answer this email, if you should chose not to do so with my name and address supplied this will be noted on the Maladministration Charges I will be laying before some of you in the future

John Cooper

I have had a response from Chris Edge today

Dear Mr Cooper
Thank you for your e-mail. As you know, the points that have been made by veterans, and others, about the PJM in recent months are being considered. Your comments will also be taken into consideration.

Yours sincerely,
Chris Edge
Honours Secretary
Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Post Hazel Blears MP. 
I have just sent this email to her. Don't hold your breath.

To: blearsh@parliament.uk

FAO Ms Hazel Blears

Thank you Ma'am for clarifying the Governments stand on 'What a British Subject may wear of their chosing and that the Government cannot dictate what we can and cannot wear'. I assume of course, that you being The Chairperson of The Labour Party that your statement on BBC Question Time on October 5th will be recorded for posterity and that it is Government Policy.

If that is so would you therefore ask The Rt Hon Mrs M Beckett to overturn the despicable ruling of the Honours and Decorations Committee in preventing 35000 ex UK Malaysian Veterans from not being able to wear The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal.

This news is long overdue and thank you for your support

Yours sincerely
John Cooper

Post "Not To Wear" 
I realise we are non political.......But thoght you might like this....Was not sure where to post until your little bit about our "Jack" (Straw that is)....

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on the 7th of the 7th we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the disgust about the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain, our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants (The Romans, Danes, Jews, West Indians, Germans etc.), however, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of the Brits being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britain's we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Indian, Urdu, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"Land of Hope & Glory" is our motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our Laws give every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,our lifestyle our government, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Terry... Well this is one of the principles that we fought for...Is It Not.........

I am not a Member of the National Party or any other Right Wing Party, only the N.M.B.V.A.

Post Re: "Not To Wear" 
. Our Laws give every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so! But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our ourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Terry... Well this is one of the principles that we fought for...Is It Not.........

I am not a Member of the National Party or any other Right Wing Party, only the N.M.B.V.A.[/quote]
HEY ,KEEP TALKING THE TALK,ONE THING WRONG,DO NOT APOLOGIZE,FOR HAVING A VIEW,AND STATING YOUR NOT IN ANY RIGHT WING SET UP,WHEN YOUR VIEWS ,AND MILLIONS MORE,HAVE BEEN FOISTED ON US ,BY A GOV THAT CARES FOR FOR ON ONE CEPT FOREIGNERS RIGHTS,IS GUTLESS, DECEITFUL ,AND FULL OF SPIN,REMEMBER HEARTS & MINDS,YOU CAN'T LEGISLATE, WOTS IN MY MIND ,OR WHATS IN MY HEART, THE LAST DUDE TO TRY THIS WAS SOME GUY WITH GOOD IDEA'S AND A MASSIVE CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER,SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF OVER THE TREATY OF VERSAILLES Exclamation HEY, YEP UNCLE ADOLPH HITLER, IN THE BALKANS RECENTLY, CHRISTAIN TROOPS FROM NATO WHERE ACTUALLY PROTECTING MUSLIMS FROM ATTACK, HERE WE HAVE MUSLIM COPPERS WON'T DO THE JOB THEY ARE PAID FOR.WE HAVE ALL BEEN AROUND THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD SOME TIME, AND ANY RIGHT THINKING PERSON ,WILL HAVE A SIMILAR VIEW,U TELL ME WOTS AT THE BOTTOM OF LOTS OF PROBS HERE,TRY AN UNSHAVING RAVING PRAT WEARING A BLANKET ,ACCOMPANIED BY A WOMAN WHO CAN'T SEE WHERE SHE'S GOING., AND SURELY IF ONE OF THEM CAN EXPLODE,WHY CAN'T THEY ALL Question

This is what came up at last years Legion National Conference, there are always those who say that 'we are not a political organisation' (the RBL) but the then Director General, Brig. Ian Townsend corrected them and said that of course we are political. We lobby government and we fight for the rights of British service personnel past and present and we campaign tirelessly so that makes us a political organisation albeit an apolitical one.

Twisted Evil That means that by definition we are an apolitical, political organisation, we are the Fight4thePJM Party!!!! Twisted Evil

Regards

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1