Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Your Country Doesn't Need You (or even want you!)
Post Your Country Doesn't Need You (or even want you!) 
This is a fact of life in the UK, you have done your bit for Queen and Country, you have rid one country of Communist Terrorists over many years that country is now Malaysia, its proud of being associated with British (including Commonwealth) Service Personnel.

The King of that Country of Malaysia wishes to show a debt of gratitude to these Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen by awarding a medal called The Pingat Jasa Malaysia, everyone associated with its presentation was cock-a-hoop and guess what 8 (EIGHT) People called The Honours and Decorations Committee come along and rained on OUR parade.

OUR PARADE that consists of 35000 ex Malayan/Borneo Veterans who have done nothing more than 'done their bit' are incensed by these eight people, a review of THE RULES is about to be announced, can you all imagine what the reaction will be if this goes against us. We can be kicked in The Family Jewels once but never twice, so guys and gals it might be time to sharpen those knives again, the real fight is yet to come.

Together we beat the enemy once, this is a different enemy, a silent untouchable enemy that is answerable to no one. Oh Yes They Are I hear you cry, they are answerable to US, so you Mandarins in Whitehall take note THE JUNGLE WAR is about to raise its ugly head again but the saddest part about it all is that the enemy is THE ENEMY WITHIN.

I feel embarrassed to have served my Queen and Country, but I feel proud that The Malaysians see things in a different light.

31st August 1957 MERDEKA, MERDEKA, MERDEKA

Post Re: Your Country Doesn't Need You (or even want you!) 
we beat the enemy once, this is a different enemy, a silent untouchable enemy that is answerable to no one. Oh Yes They Are I hear you cry, they are answerable to US, so you Mandarins in Whitehall take note THE JUNGLE WAR is about to raise its ugly head again but the saddest part about it all is that the enemy is THE ENEMY WITHIN.

I feel embarrassed to have served my Queen and Country, but I feel proud that The Malaysians see things in a different light.

[size=18][color=blue][b]31st August 1957 MERDEKA, MERDEKA, MERDEKA[/b][/color][/size][/quote]

ARE THESE THE SAME CRETTIN'S ,WHO MAKE STATEMENTS,THAT ARE PROVEN WRONG,PRECEDENTS, THAT ARE ANYTHING BUT,ADVISE OUR MONARCH ,WITH A LOAD OF TOSH,INSULT ITS OWN VETERANS,AND OTHERS WITH IT'S OWN HYPOCRISY,WHERE CONMEN CAN GET M.B.E's.,WHERE IN FAIRNESS THEY PURPORT TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM! RESPONSABLE FOR BILLION POUND PROCUREMENT FAILURES,SEND TROOPS ILL EQUIPPED TO WAR,HAVE PEOPLE WATCHING NUCLEAR TESTS ,WITH ANTI- FLASH GEAR AS PROTECTION! FIND A CURE FOR THE COMMON COLD* SARIN* NERVE GAS,COURT MARTIALS ITS TROOPS FROM A WAR ZONE,WHILE GIVING SUCCOUR TO TERRORIST'S,INSIST DEPLETED URANIUM IS HARMLESS, GULF WAR SYNDROME IS A MYTH,WHILE ANY TOM DICK HARRY,COMES TO THIS COUNTRY,WITH THE SOLE INTENT OF BEING A DRAIN ON OUR ECONOMY,COS DEPARTMENTS RESPONSABLE ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE? THAT JAILS PENSIONER'S FOR NON PAYMENT OF A COUNCIL TAX THAT LEAPS AHEAD OF INFLATION OF THE MEAGRE PENSION. IT GOE'S ON AND ON ,THEN WHEN THESE TWATS ARE FOUND OUT, THEY RESORT ,LIKE A BENT MISSISSIPPI RIVER BOAT GAMBLER,YEP CHANGE THE RULES THAT THAT THEY FIRST INVENTED,THIS IS THE ART FORM KNOWN AS A-B-C: ALL -BIN-CHANGED!SOME OF THE PRACTICTIONERS OF THIS ARE WELL KNOWN TO US,YOU HAVE 'PHONEYDICK' THERE'S' FORKEDTONGUE-DOUBLEDGE',AND 'DULLGILETTE WILKEY',AND 'FAGIN' IN K.L. PLAYED BY 'KIN-MOODY'.WELL I HOPE THE FOLK WHO THINK THEY ARE FIREPROOF,ARE FEELING THE HEAT,COS DUDES NO MATTER THE PRICE OF GAS,ITS ONLY GOING TO GET HOTTER! I S'POSE JOHN THIS MEANS I SUPPORT YOU MATE.THE SADDEST PART IN ALL THIS,I THINK,THAT ONCE AT LEAST, WE WERE PROUD TO SERVE A COUNTRY THAT HAD VALUE'S,IT HAS BY THE ACTION'S OF IT'S UNELECTED QUANGO OF THE H.D. C'OMtee, RESPONSABLE TO NO ONE,WITH NO LAW PASSED BY PARLIAMENT,ALIENATED A CORE OF LOYAL SUBJECTS,AND SHOWN ITSELF MORALLY BANKRUPT,GENTLEMEN MY TOAST TO YOU IS ;"WHEN THE BARRAGE LIFT'S" Crying or Very sad Embarassed Wink

John Cooper wrote:
This is a fact of life in the UK, you have done your bit for Queen and Country,

My dad was a loyal soldier from 1914-1919. he was wounded at Ypres but stayed in Belgium then France - he didn't return to England for R&R because, he said, the b*st*rds would never have got him back. He did not much admire either the Government or the Army Commanders of the day.

My dad told me that after WW1 veterans in London couldn't afford to live and so they pawned their medals. On Remembrance Day and other parades, they pinned their pawn tickets where their medals should have been proudly dispayed.

Post Our Leader Tone. 
When a political newcomer arrives in heaven, St. Peter reveals that heaven has 'lying clocks' monitoring everyone on earth. They move everytime someone lies. Mother Teresa's clock hands never moved, says St Peter, because she never lied. Pointing to the clocks of Whitehall politicians, he says, 'these clocks go round quite a lot.' He was asked 'What about Tony Blair's clock?' 'Ah, that' special. God keeps Blair's in his office...he uses it as a ceiling fan'.

[after WW1 veterans in London couldn't afford to live and so they pawned their medals. [b]On Remembrance Day and other parades, they pinned their pawn tickets where their medals should have been proudly dispayed.[/b][/quote]

MY GRANDAD WOUNDED YPRES JUNE 1917 AFTER BEING IN THE IMMORTAL SALIENT OVER 2 YRS TOLD ME SAME,THIS MUST BE PART OF THE LAND FIT FOR HERO'S THAT ELUDES OUR SERVICE PEOPLE TO THIS DAY.

“If you can talk with crowds and hide the truth
Or walk with kings - and lose the common touch
If you can cover your a**e that none can hurt you
If you can suck up to all men that count
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds worth of spin
Yours is the power and accountable to none
And – which is more – you’ll be a suit my son”

Bob Bryant

[quote="bob_bryant"]I think RK might approve!

“If you can talk with crowds and hide the truth
Or walk with kings - and lose the common touch
If you can cover your a**e that none can hurt you
If you can suck up to all men that count
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds worth of spin
Yours is the power and accountable to none
And – which is more – you’ll be a suit my son”

Bob Bryant[/quote]
SURE HE WOULD ,BUT AT "GANGES" THERE WAS ENUF TO COVER 2 WALLS ,SO LETS HAVE SOME MORE PSE!

I remember the gymnasium at Ganges....I was there for the Navy boxing championships (representing the Marines)
That is where I first saw this poem.....I'll work on the rest.

Bob Bryant

I remember the gymnasium at Ganges....I was there for the Navy boxing championships (representing the Marines)
That is where I first saw this poem.....I'll work on the rest.

Bob Bryant

If you access hmsgangesassoc.org, you should find all of the poem. It was actually on the Drill Shed wall at one time.

Paul
Smile

It was actually on the wall of No. 1 gymnasium. We had it in front of us every Sunday at the church service (church of England - fall out roman catholics, free church and church of Scotland)
IF by Rudyard Kipling, I keep a copy pasted on my study wall
It would do well for the suits to read it every day, although what I have seen they are such a gutless lot it wouldn't mean anything to them.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1