Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
On parade!
Post On parade! 
Newark Aviation Museum, Notts, September 2nd 2006 meet at The Dambusters Hut at 1100hrs sharp

http://www.newarkairmuseum.co.uk/home.cfm

Some 40 PJMers and wives will be meeting at the above Museum. Manning levels permitting, entrance to the inside and cockpit areas of the Shackleton and Hastings will be permitted, these aircraft are not normally accessible and in recent years Cosford and Duxford will not permit the public into the cockpit areas under Health & Safety rules due to Roentgen eating aircraft instruments! How on earth we worked on these for all those years I shall never know!

The admission price of £6 (to PJMers) includes the look inside the aircraft and entrance to the museum. The password for this special price is BEANCOUNTERS, look forward to seeing some of you there

John

Post Re: On parade! 
John Cooper wrote:
Cosford and Duxford will not permit the public into the cockpit areas under Health & Safety rules due to Roentgen eating aircraft instruments! How on earth we worked on these for all those years I shall never know!

Speaking/Writing as an ex-Instrument Basher, I was told that the amount of emmision was well below the level that would cause anyone any harm. I had four children, or rather my wife did.

Aircrew would have sat in front of them for far longer periods of time than I ever did.

I think the "rule" should be "challenged" - but only after we are wearing our PJMs.

I have been fighting these barstools for the past 46 years, how is that for determination? As an ex Instrument Basher you might be interested in this one

http://www.voy.com/130994/1/171.html

JohnF

I have been fighting these barstools for the past 46 years, how is that for determination? As an ex Instrument Basher you might be interested in this one

http://www.voy.com/130994/1/171.html

It makes no difference to my earlier statement.

I again state that the amount of radiation, given off by instruments in a cockpit of an RAF aircraft, is so low as to be of no consequence.

My qualification for making this statement is based upon 27 years as an Instrument Technician in the RAF and Industry in Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Including Power Stations and refineries (alumina, nickel, iron ore, and copper - all of these industries use nuclear devices to measure various parameters.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1