Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Introduction
Post Introduction 
Hello everyone.

My name is Paul Mitchell. A gent named Gerry Law piqued my interest in this website and your cause via our discussions on theyworkforyou.com. I'm 37, live in Sheffield and I'm currently unemployed, have been since I left work to go travelling nearly two years ago.

I have no direct interest in the PJM. I have never served. I have visited and love Malaysia. I do know something of the Malayan conflict and have spoken with an Aussie who served in Borneo. I do not know if he has received a medal, but I can and shall find out.

I am convinced by your prima facie case. It is clear to me that everyone who serves should be treated equally and that British servicepeople are getting a frustratingly raw deal in this instance. I have no idea what I can do to help change that. I'm a back-room boy, not an action man, and my resources are limited.

That said, people tell me I'm personable, open to suggestions, pretty good at research, and so long as you don't need rapid results, I'm conditionally at your service.

Post Welcome Paul 
Paul
I'm really pleased that you decided to visit this site. Getting support from those who do not qualify for the PJM is vital as it show the powers that be, that an injustice has been served on the veterans of Britain and that people like yourself - fair-minded and honest of opinion - do have a say in how we are governed. Anything you can do to support us - getting friends on board, etc - will useful, but just having you on the nominal roll is a great boost.
Many Thanks
GerryL
[ex RAF Borneo veteran, holder of the GSM 1962 with clasps for Malay Peninsula and Borneo, and eventually holder and wearer[b] of the PJM]

Post Re: Welcome Paul 
GerryL wrote:
Getting support from those who do not qualify for the PJM is vital as it show the powers that be, that an injustice has been served on the veterans of Britain and that people like yourself - fair-minded and honest of opinion - do have a say in how we are governed

Paul, thank you for your support. It is support such as yours which, as Gerry says, is vital to our cause. And thanks for taking the trouble to register. Barry.

Post R:Re: Welcome Paul 
Welcome right enough Paul!

Allow me to add my thanks to those of Gerry & Barry...great to have someone, with no personal 'axe to grind', come on board like this....most gratifying!

Incidentally, I too was introduced to this forum by Gerry's submission to the 'theyworkforyou' site, until which time I figured that I was fighting alone...now Gerry and I (though we have never met) are in perfect 'lock step' on the issue.

Cheers!

Hello all the newbies, well done in getting this far, I note that JackR has joined us from the Land of Oz, Jack is a retired Squadron Leader so we are all in good company Very Happy

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1