Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Zap 'em on Veterans Day
Post Zap 'em on Veterans Day 
This is as good a day as any folks its Mr Browns way of saying thanks to the Veterans of the UK Armed Forces for all their stirling work they in the past have given to the Sovereign and the Country. We ought to repay the Government in memory of those that can't be here to celebrate June 27th 2006 Veterans Day.

We need to swamp as many UK Government Departments associated with the PJM with Electronic Mail and hand/typewritten letters as we can muster on June 27th 2006 so that when they open up their inboxes on the following Monday they will be inundated with work. If you place your full name and address on the documentation and request a written reply within the statutory 40 WORKING days, they must reply!

Think of all the forums on the web, guestbooks, associations, there must be millions of us out there that can contact HMG to get them to change their mind over the UNRESTRICTED wearing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia.

Lets do it BIG TIME

I have just posted this in 5 batches of 100 to my email contacts, if you want to do the same then please feel free to send this message to your friends and colleagues

I wonder if I could canvass your support for the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal awarded to a load of us ex Vets from Malaya/Singapore/Borneo/Brunei who spent more than 90 days there between 1957-1966

We have a bunch of unelected QUANGOS in the UK that are answerable to no one but themselves and who 'conned' HM The Queen to let the 35000 British Servicemen receive the medal but for her not to give permission to wear the medal yet by chapter and verse has given the ANZACS the right to receive and WEAR the same medal. This would only take up 5 minutes of your time to register your feelings on this website and forum board http://www.fight4thepjm.org/ http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/ You will see that we have some very strong backing from Westminster, War Heroes and other Distinguished people. If you feel you cannot support us but know of others that will give that support or who may be entitled to the medal that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.........

John Cooper

It is easy to copy and paste just use your right mouse button and where it says COPY ALL do so and then place it on an email

I want to zap this HD Committee/MPs/MoD/The Cabinet Office on June 27th VETERANS DAY be sure you are part of it

I have just posted this in 5 batches of 100 to my email contacts, if you want to do the same then please feel free to send this message to your friends and colleagues

Fantastic, John.

On behalf of all of us - thank you very much.

Barry

Post Veterans Day Celebrations. 
I phoned my local Labour Party Office and got an answering machine telling me to leave my name and address and I would be contacted later.
I phoned the office of a local Labour MSP and got a gentleman who said he was the representative of Mr. Russell Brown, MP, (Labour - Dumfries) and I asked about Veterans Day Celebrations and parades with medals being awarded as per the instructions of the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr. Gordon Brown.
He told me that Mr. Russell Brown MP would be giving out Veterans Badges - you can get these by writing to him just now, but there was nothing else organised and certainly nothing in my own town. He also told me that Russell Brown would not issue me with a Veterans Badge because I am not in his constituency and if I wanted one I would have to write to the Veterans Agency. We got to talking and the subject of the PJM came up. He said we were very lucky to have got permission to accept this medal as the rules which have been in place for a very long time did not permit this medal to be accepted. I pointed out that the Australians and Kiwis could accept and wear as authorised by Her Majesty and he replied that this was because their government gave them permission. He told me the British Government had denied permission for this medal not to be worn and when I said it was an unelected quango he replied that they were authorised by the British Government to do this. When I again pointed out the female Prime Minister obtained permission from Her Majesty the Queen the phone went funny and I was cut off. Now even aides to the Labour Party representatives will not discuss the PJM and cut you off.
So there you have it, Brown's Veterans Day celebrations with medals being presented is absolute hogwash. There are no parades, celebrations or awarding of medals, as far as a local Labour MP's office is aware.

Post Veteran's Day Celebrations 
Andy
You have confirmed what I suspected all along. The smug words of "honouring our veterans and presenting them with medals" is just so much hot air and political sound bite. But there is something in those words that you were given that reveals the total lack of knowledge on matters medallic. Your Labour Party representative said that the MP would be handing out Veteran's Badges. I honestly beleive that the bunch of self-centred twerps in parliament actually do not know thw difference between a badge and a medal. No wonder they refer to the PJM as a trinket.

Post Veterans Day Celebrations 
Naturally it's not the place of a Canadian to criticise the workings of the UK political machine...but, having been exposed to my share of 'spin-doctors' on this side of the Atlantic, I feel emboldened to express an opinion (whether asked or not!).

From Mc Dangle & Gerry's exchanges on the topic, it occurs to me that the 'Veterans Day Celebration' with Badges for all and sundry, does not constitute anything more significant or meaningful than 'Theatre'...with the MP's involved in the 'presentations', merely playing the roles of 'Onstage Clowns' in that production!

Post Re: Veterans Day Celebrations. 
mcdangle wrote:
When I again pointed out the female Prime Minister obtained permission from Her Majesty the Queen the phone went funny and I was cut off. Now even aides to the Labour Party representatives will not discuss the PJM and cut you off.
So there you have it, Brown's Veterans Day celebrations with medals being presented is absolute hogwash. There are no parades, celebrations or awarding of medals, as far as a local Labour MP's office is aware.

Coincidence you were cut off Andy you bet your sweet bippy it was a coincidence, this is the way these people are trained I just feel so annoyed that I share the same clod of earth as these people, they are an embarrassment not only to themselves but their country too! Shocked

Well guys it is June 1st, this is the month where we celebrate Veterans Day (June 27th) so how can we repay the Governments kindness, are you aware of what celebrations there are to be in your neck of the woods? Let us know if you are aware of anything taking place.

Are we going to ZAP 'EM? Any ideas what we can do as a reminder to the Govt that they rejected the OFFICIAL right to wear the PJM medaal, hows that for a kick in the ghoulies to the King and Government of Malaysia. To the War Widows and fallen of The Malaysian Campaigns have been treated with contempt along with many many veterans who have a casting vote at General Elections.

What can we do to remind these people in power of our comrades gratitude towards the UK Governments decision re The Non Wearing Rule?

What can we do to remind these people in power of our comrades gratitude towards the UK Governments decision re The Non Wearing Rule?

John, thanks for that timely reminder. Yes ... this is the month in which we will achieve the greatest impact.

We shall:

1. Publish a list of 50 Key addresses (they will be on this Forum this weekend); and

2. begin to publish our list of the top 10 issues (again, we shall sart to publish them this weekend); and

3. gather together those who have volunteered to "Zap 'Em"; and

4. publish hints on how best to Zap 'Em; and

5. publish the key dates when we'll be exerting the greatest pressure.

If anybody else wishes to join in, they are very welcome to do so. "Welcome"? More than that ....

YOUR CAMPAIGN NEEDS YOU!!

I would be very grateful if those who intend writing an email or ten to these key addresses could let me know (by email or Private Message) that they are joining us as this vital time.

Barry

Yes come on folks lets make those beggars sit up and listen for a change, we need YOU!

Perhaps someone is reading this forum from within Whitehall as two email addresses have just bounced via DAEMON........never mind you Mandarins........we will find a way round this. Very Happy

We can always use the "contact us" on the Government web sites

Post Hyperlinks 
Does anyone have the ministers & HD commmittee emails published as hyperlinks so that it is easy to zap them all?

Hamish

I urge all expatriot Poms living in Enzed and Oz, to join this Zap'em campaign.

Let's let them know that we fair are dinkum about this stoush.

They're just a bunch of galahs.

Post ZAP EM 
HI ICENI, AM SURE YOUR A REAL BONZA SHELIA! BUT WOT THE KIN L IS A GALAH?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next