Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Issue of PJM
Post Issue of PJM 
[b]I know its only a week since the first medals were presented so dont go jumping down my throat.
Does anyone know just how and when the PJM's will start to be issued?I am a very patient man myself but I'm now getting this question put to me at my Regimental Association meetings.Is there a set proceedure in place or do you advise we sit and wait?I suspect the latter myself.

Post Medal math 
Smudger....I refer you to my earlier post at the following link...a wee bit 'tongue in cheek' I confess...but the final statement is nonethless valid I think?

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4116&highlight=#4116

Post PJM Issue 
Seen on parade this morning..............one brand spanking new PJM. posted direct to applicant from the MHC.
Hey I'm impressed![/u][/b]

Post PJM Issue 
Quote:
Seen on parade this morning..............one brand spanking new PJM. posted direct to applicant from the MHC.

......POSTED DIRECT TO APPLICANT FROM THE MHC ????????......this one intrigues me....best info we have rec'd to date says that the MHC will NOT be posting medals out, rather they will be holding multiple presentation ceremonies throughout the UK....sure be interested in having some verification of this information Smudger...

Post Re: PJM Issue 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
Quote:

......POSTED DIRECT TO APPLICANT FROM THE MHC ????????......this one intrigues me....best info we have rec'd to date says that the MHC will NOT be posting medals out, rather they will be holding multiple presentation ceremonies throughout the UK....sure be interested in having some verification of this information Smudger...

Jock,Thats all the info I could aquire...Thats what the man said...whether he meant from NMBVA I dont know.He did say from the MHC when I asked him.
Could he have meant MHC to NMBVA then on to him perhaps?Which ever it still means they are on the way.

Smudger wrote:
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
Quote:

Jock,Thats all the info I could aquire...Thats what the man said...whether he meant from NMBVA I dont know.He did say from the MHC when I asked him.
Could he have meant MHC to NMBVA then on to him perhaps?Which ever it still means they are on the way.

Smudger, I too am intrigued. Do you know this chap who got his medal through the post from the MHC and could we contact him - make him an offer he can't refuse - only kidding but it would be nice to know if the MHC are going to post them like they did in Australia. You've got us all going? Andy.

mcdangle wrote:
Smudger wrote:
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
Quote:

Smudger, I too am intrigued. Do you know this chap who got his medal through the post from the MHC and could we contact him - make him an offer he can't refuse - only kidding but it would be nice to know if the MHC are going to post them like they did in Australia. You've got us all going? Andy.

Andy you are as wise as I am now.I wont be seeing him till September 10th, can you wait that long?

Will just have to Smudger. Ah well, its fishing for me then? Andy.

Post PJM 
George,Its quite possible he bought his own replica but,this one had his name and number inscribed on the edge.
I took the man at his word,he told me he had recieved it from the MHC.I had no reason to doubt him.
Maybe he did mean 'from MHC via NMBVA' regretably I didn't have time to question him further.
Maybe I would have been better off by saying 'nowt'?

Post Richard Coney 
Barry,A message of thanks on its way.
Many thanks once again for all you and the team have done.

'Jock' Fenton wrote:
......POSTED DIRECT TO APPLICANT FROM THE MHC ????????......this one intrigues me....best info we have rec'd to date says that the MHC will NOT be posting medals out, rather they will be holding multiple presentation ceremonies throughout the UK....sure be interested in having some verification of this information

Jock,

Paul Alders has received an email from the MoD which is in corroboration of your understanding about future PJM distribution - by way of Presentations across the country.

It reads:

"To my knowledge nothing has changed. The
Malaysians intend to present all medals to recipients in a series of
(monthly?) ceremonies in London and elsewhere. There was one a few days ago
at the High Commission. The MOD is not distributing the medal and the
Malaysians have no intention of posting their medals to recipients, so the
matter of postage costs is not an issue."

Regards,

Barry

Post Confusion 
Now I'm even more confused.
The NMBVA is telling us the medals will be posted direct to recipients.
I'm quite happy to pay the postage myself,maybe I'll just sit back and go with the flow!!
Oh I forgot...I was always told to obey the last command.[/b]

Post RE: CONFUSION 
ER,MY BRAIN HURTS, CAN SOMEONE DO A 'DEFINATIVE' THATS EASY TO FOLLOW,WITH REGARDS TO WOTS THE RUNDOWN, REALLY DON'T WANT TO CAUSE MORE OF A SNAFU,BUT I NOTICED THAT THE CATCHES ON PRESENTATION CASE LOOKED DIFFERENT TOO.BEARING IN MIND THAT THAT MALAYSIA IS A LONG WAY ,LIKE TURN LEFT AT GIB ,AND KEEP GOING TILL YOUR UNIFORM ROTS,AND THAT OUR PJM IS APPARENTLY DIFFERENT ,WITH THE PALM FRONDS,CASE,COLOUR AND WEIGHT,THE WAY TO GO IS FOR AN ELOQUENT MEMBER(NOT ME!) TO ASK THE MHC. IF A MEDAL WAS USED AS A MOULD,THE WHOLE MEDAL WOULD COME OUT, THE SAME AS THE IMPRESSION,NOT HALF AND HALF IF YOU GET MY DRIFT,WITH THE MEDAL THE SAME,BUT WITH PALM ANY OLD HOW. THERE MUST BE .1) A DIFFERENT MOULD,2) A DIFFERENT MATERIAL,3) A DIFFERENT CASE,BEGS THE ? WHERE WERE THEY SOURCED?

PSE ,PSE, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT LIVES UNDER A ROCK TELLS YOU,THE ROCK I REFER TO ,IS THE MINISTRY OF DECEICT,KNOWN TO GENERATIONS,OF SERVICEPEOPLE,FROM NUCLEAR TEST VETS,GULF WAR VETS,FALKLANDS VETS,PORTON DOWN VETS AS ,THE MOD,RIGHT THEN THE WAY TO SPOT ,SPIN ,LIES, ECONOMICAL TRUTHS IS EASY,FOLLOW MY GUIDE= THEIR LIPS MOVE, THATS IT!

HAVE YOU NOTICED THE WAY ACRONYMS ARE CREEPING IN;MHC,H.D.M.O.D.P.J.M.
SILLY THING IS WE UNDERSTAND IT!
REMINDS ME OF ONE MIND BOGGLIN' DAY ON FLIGHT DECK OF 'THE RUSTY B', I HEARD THIS OVER THE TANNOY,
S M R S A R A C R, KIN'L SEZ I ,MUST FIND OUT WOT THAT MEANS,IN CASE ITS FREE,
YES THE SECRET IS,SENIOR MAINTENANCE RATING, SEARCH AND RESCUE,AIRCRAFT CONTROL ROOM,
EASY WHEN YOU KNOW THE CODE,
MEANTIME TRUST NO TOAD!

BarryF wrote:

Richard Coney of the MoD wrote:

"The Malaysians intend to present all medals to recipients in a series of (monthly?) ceremonies in London and elsewhere. There was one a few days ago at the High Commission. The MOD is not distributing the medal and the Malaysians have no intention of posting their medals to recipients, so the matter of postage costs is not an issue.

I would be interested to know where this information came from."

- - - - -

Actually, Richard Coney, the info came from the horse's mouth. I can corroborate what the NMBVA are saying, and I can tell you (RC) that your statement 'the Malaysians have no intention of posting their medals to recipients, so the matter of postage costs is not an issue.' is balderdash.

I have just spent a very pleasant 20 minutes today talking to a very helpful gentleman at the Malaysian High Commission (MHC). I had occasion to telephone the Malaysian High Commission on a matter unconnected with the PJM.

But I was able, and indeed invited, to discuss the PJM. My Malay is rusty and so we soon agreed it would be best to revert to English - I wanted to be sure I had the right story.

During that conversation I was told exactly, almost word for word, what Fred Burden has posted on the NMBVA web site. In a nutshell, the MHC say that the central proposal is to send PJMs in the post having telephoned first to confirm the address is correct.

So the MoD may dispute Fred Burden's info but they are wrong (not for the first time) and I can now (for the second time) personally corroborate what Fred has been saying. I am afraid that Richard Coney's statement was not correct - no doubt he will have a word with his source and sort it out. Hopefully he'll do the same about the PJM recommendation that they also got wrong!

I was told very clearly that the key to this is the Malaysians' desire to ensure that British veterans 'who earned this medal - and we are grateful to them for what they did for our country - should receive it without delay'. Personal presentations may be difficult to arrange and would be time-consuming (but they are not out of the question). Nothing is etched in granite - but nothing has been rejected and so, yes, the Malaysians are first considering the telephone call then post system.

I can assure you that the Malaysians are on the side of the British veterans in this matter. As he at the MHC said 'we only had 30 medals last month' and 'we understand why many thousands of veterans were disappointed but we will send their medals as soon as we can. When we telephone them we'll tell them to expect their medal in the next day or so and if they don't receive it they must telephone us. Not one medal must be lost. It is too important".

Doesn't that make it all worthwhile?

Barry

Post Barry. 
Thanks for your update.I did mail Mr Coney and recieved a very curt reply,telling me he was doing very little and making me aware that the Queen had not given permission to wear the medal.But he added as we were civilians we were not braking the law.Errrmmmm hello mr Coney of course we are all civilians!!!No attempt would ever be made to break any law,that would demean the integrity of OUR medal.(I wonder if he has ever served in the armed forces)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next