Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
For Sale
John, I have just viewed that site, the full size replica shows the crossover the correct way, however the miniature is shown the opposite crossover (the wrong way)

Post Fronds 
This subject of the fronds has been going on for goodness knows how long.

Question: Who says which is right and which is wrong?

1. According to some posts my PJM, which came from the Malaysian High Commission has the fronds the wrong way.

2. After making enquiries I was reliably informed that there were 2 editions minted, each with fronds in different directions. Why? I have no idea at all.

3. Either way folks - left, right or upside down, Her Majesty says I can wear it, and wear it I will. - Actually I already have.

Tony

Post Re: Fronds 
Kentsboro wrote:
This subject of the fronds has been going on for goodness knows how long.

Question: Who says which is right and which is wrong?

1. According to some posts my PJM, which came from the Malaysian High Commission has the fronds the wrong way.

2. After making enquiries I was reliably informed that there were 2 editions minted, each with fronds in different directions. Why? I have no idea at all.

3. Either way folks - left, right or upside down, Her Majesty says I can wear it, and wear it I will. - Actually I already have.

Tony

Correct Tony, this has been debated previously, on some medals the palm fronds are reversed to others but both have been officially issued by the MHC so they are both right Very Happy

I absolutely agree with Kentsboro, my real one has palms one way and my replica the other.

I personally dont care which way is the right way and I have had my replica mounted onto my medal bar which I have worn. I will also wear it at the Albert Hall this year at the Festival of Remembrance. I just thought that you would all like to know that Award had done this as a result no doubt of all the arguments about which way was the right way. Sad

John

Post Re: PJM Replica 
jireland wrote:
For those of you who want to buy a replica instead of using the medal presented to them, Award Productions have just produced one with the palm fronds the right way round. This is to replace the one originally sold that was wrong (some may say). All in all you cannot tell the difference between this one and the real thing. www.awardmedals.com

John

For anybody living in Australia or NZ, Heritage Medals has a replica PJM for A$31.50 (about £22.50)plus p&p The medal has the fronds the same way as my genuine PJM and can be engraved for an extra A$19.80 (about £8.60). The medal is supplied with loose ribbon.

You can google "Heritage Medals" to find the site,......... and they do ship to the UK.

Ken

Post Re: PJM Replica 
You can google "Heritage Medals" to find the site,......... and they do ship to the UK.

Ken[/quote]

There is also a link on the NMBVA site. Takes less than a week to arrive, as well. The one I wear is the Aussie replica, I preserve the original in its brilliant presentation box to pass on to my grandkids Getting a bit nostalgic in my old age.

Owen

Based on what has been said about the crossover on medals having been issued by the MHC in both directions then it WOULD seem the original medals have been struck in several batches. I too, not wanting to take the original from its box, have obtained a replica from Heritage Medals for wear ($25) as earlier British medal ribbon had the width of the stripes different to the original.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2