Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Support for PJM
Post Support for PJM 
Sir,
I would like to add my voice to the growing sence of outrage felt by ex-servicemen. Whatever the rights or wrongs of a system that awards medals(or any other decoration for that matter!) the fact that they have been offered, requires the good manners of acceptance. Outrageous decisions are taken on our behalf every day,and just to maintain our collective sanity, we learn to acquiesce. Is this issue such a big deal in the scheme of things? --- I think not.

I am ex-Royal Marine(RM22413) and can remember the insect infested nights(stand-to)on our forward positions in SABAH (BORNEO) Can Baroness Symonds say the same?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your support, hang in there, we have the fortitude to see this through, whatever it takes!

...always delighted to have another lucid letter writer to add to 'our fold'.....Your comment regarding the 'big scheme of things' and the question asked...'Is this issue such a big deal'....a matter of perception perhaps....Well comrade, there are some of us who are bound and determined to MAKE it into 'a big deal'!....On that you may rely!

It would be of untold assistance to this cause if you, and any of your pals who might be of like mind, would elect to vent your polite frustrations at this idiocy via your local MP...asking him/her to forward your questions to Mrs Margaret Beckett at the FCO for an answer.

Again, a welcome...

Post Re: Support for PJM 
maurice wrote:
Sir,
I would like to add my voice to the growing sence of outrage felt by ex-servicemen. Whatever the rights or wrongs of a system that awards medals(or any other decoration for that matter!) the fact that they have been offered, requires the good manners of acceptance. Outrageous decisions are taken on our behalf every day,and just to maintain our collective sanity, we learn to acquiesce. Is this issue such a big deal in the scheme of things? --- I think not.

I am ex-Royal Marine(RM22413) Maurice Brady, and can remember the insect infested nights(stand-to)on our forward positions in SABAH (BORNEO) Can Baroness Symonds say the same?

Good to have another booty on board.

Bob Bryant (RM23251)

maurice wrote:

May I add my 'welcome', Maurice.

Looking forward to seeing more of your apposite comments on the Forum.

Thanks for your support.

Barry

maurice wrote:
I am ex-Royal Marine(RM22413) and can remember the insect infested nights(stand-to)on our forward positions in SABAH (BORNEO) Can Baroness Symonds say the same?

And I can remember sleeping on board our aircraft at Kuching airport because the accomodation shown us at a camp in Kuching wa so disgusting.

The aircraft soon filled up with mossies and we had a bad night of it. But at least us Brillcream boys weren't up to our necks in a swamp somewhere in the ulu.

John Feltham
52 Squadron. RAF.

Post Kuching 
You are right about the basher's we had to sleep in at Kuching. In ours we hung old parachutes up to keep the rat dropings of us while we slept but it was still better than sleeping in the ulu.

Post Kuching 
Ah yes Paul I remember it well. the 'chutes hung lower and lower as they filled up !!!!

Post Welcome 
Welcome to my colleagues Graham Kenward and Mike Power who have added their support to this cause.

Welcome Graham and Mike.With guys like Gerry and the rest of our representatives it won't be long before the sweet smell of success will come our way.Good luck to you both and welcome aboard.
Regds Ray

Post Welcome both! 
Allow me to add my welcome's to Graham & Mike...great to 'have you aboard'...visit us as often as you can and don't be shy about writing letters to your MP!

I have only become aware of this (PJM) problem the last few days. I have to ask myself, who the hell died and made your public servants and other administrators gods over all things. i would be inclined to bet that 98% of these wankers have never seen a bit of dreaded Green"J".

We here in the Land of Oz have been dealt a much fairer and reasonable hand. Our government ( & NZ Govt.) had the common decency and courtesy to allow us to accept & wear this medal. it has been offered in good faith for a job well done over many years and much sacrifice by many allies and their families.

All serving and ex-serving mambers of all supporting Nations and Corps who are entitiled to this award, should be allowed to accept and wear it with pride & honour on each and every occassion.

Tell your Whitehall Wally's to get off their collective backsides and do sometning worthwhile, just this once in their lives,
and let people move on with their lives with a little bit of dignity.

Sorry to those who may be upset by my little tirade, but I have just joined the group and want you all to know that we here in The Great Southland are with you in your quest for "RIGHTFUL RECOGNITION".

UBIQUE

Thanks, we need the support of all decent people like yourself if you feel like venting your rage on a few of our Ministers who am I to stop you.
When our Ministers realize that we have support from all over the world they will have to stop taking tax paid fact finding trips for fear of meeting up with a demo.

Sorry to those who may be upset by my little tirade, but I have just joined the group and want you all to know that we here in The Great Southland are with you in your quest for "RIGHTFUL RECOGNITION".

Great to have you on-side, Laurie.

Support from Oz is vital and very important.

And I think the only ones who are upset are teh PJMers who did the business in Malaya-Borneo but who have been poked in the eye by a bunch of dinosaurs.

Have you seen the post at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4188&highlight=#4188? It makes Britain's Governemtn and Civil Service look bloody silly, frankly. And way out of touch with the world that real people live in.

Again - welcome to the Fight4thePJM.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next