Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
An example of what we are up against
Post An example of what we are up against 
If you want an example of what we are up against and the meanness that flows through the very being of those who are crafting the spin to deny honourable people their honourable award, read this exchange between Paul and Chris Edge (of the FCO and one of those involved in the PJM recommendation.

Background: I was away and asked Paul if he could establish for me who was going to the Brit Awards (for some at the FCO it must have seemed such) so that, as a courtesy, I could introduce myself. He wrote to Chris Edge:

Sent: 18 July 2006 07:39
To: Chris Edge
Subject: Presentation

Chris,

Who is going from the FCO to the Malaysian High Commission tomorrow for the presentation of the PJM by the Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister?
Thanks for your time.

All the very best
from
Paul Alders

- - - - - end - - - - -

A perfectly gentlemanly request. Here is the response:

From: chris.edge@fco.gov.uk [mailto:chris.edge@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: 18 July 2006 11:07
To: ****@btinternet.com
Subject: RE: Presentation

Paul

The Head of the South East Asia Group (Department) and the Honours Secretary will be attending the presentation ceremony.

Chris

- - - - - end - - - -

Now, you'd be forgiven for thinking "What's wrong with that?" Well, what's wrong is that Chris Edge IS the Honours Secretary. Why didn't he just say "I am going"?

In my view his pedantic and less than clear response reflects the mindset of one of the key people who influences the PJM recommendation. No wonder the Ministerial Statement is so screwed up. He can't even make a simple statement like "I am going".

And there was I thinking that in Chris Edge, whatever his views, at least we are dealing with somebody who is straightforward. Will I never learn!

Barry

I said early this morning was there anyone there from the UK Govt, no one knew, they couldn't be seen, this is really beginning to pee me off big time

The gloves are off guys, bare knuckle stuff from now onwards, Exocets from Port and Starboard! Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation

Post Chris Edgey. 
I think we are all overlooking one fact. Mr Edge is very edgey and I think his actions by not telling anyone he was going to the MHC that day was because of fear. The spineless bastid knows they have made a big bloomer and that they have misdirected The Queen and eventually someone is going to pay the price for that because our campaign is squeezing them where it hurts and this was his way of finding a bomb proof shelter to hide in.
He is fighting for his livelihood and I think he can see he is on the losing side. We were tenacious enough to win once before and I am sure we will win again. When you have them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow!
The answer is in your court Mr. Edgey. You know you have no legal standing for making rules on civilians, you know you are discriminating against British Citizens (but not those with duel nationality) and you know your spiteful, shameful actions will come back to haunt you one day. We are prepared to accept your surrender on our terms and I can assure you that you will be well treated under the Geneva Convention so you have the answer - tell Queen Elizabeth that you have made a big mistake and want to apologise and give the veterans the unrestricted right to wear the PJM - you know this makes sense.
If you want to surrender I can give you my telephone number to discuss it with me (as if you don't already have it) as I have the taste of victory on my lips.

Excuse me for being thick here..but did ANYBODY from HMG make an appearance?
Like all of you....this is pi****g me off big time.
Come on you members of HMG who are full of your own importance........meet us face to face like MEN!
Yes this is a direct challenge!!

Bob B.

did ANYBODY from HMG make an appearance?
Like all of you....this is pi****g me off big time.
Come on you members of HMG who are full of your own importance........meet us face to face like MEN!
Yes this is a direct challenge!!.

Bob, as far as I am aware, no.

Also, readers might like to know that when I returned from the Presentation, I chatted to Chris Edge for 45 minutes. I told him all about the day.

At no time during that conversation did he say "I was there, too"! Can you believe that. He is so ashamed of us (or his recommendation) that he didn't even admit to being in the same room as me when I got my PJM.

We are being treated like like dirt. But the wife of one General was overheard giving him one helluva broadside! She was telling him just how despicable the recommendation was - a recommendation that touched on the lives of so many ordinary men and women.

Water off a duck's back, of course. But it's nice to know the good people in this world are on our side. Bless you Mrs *.

Barry

Perhaps this might be the first of the big salvo chaps

Mr Chris Edge
Honours Secretary
Foreign & Commonwealth Office
London

Dear Mr Edge

I understand that you were present at The Pingat Jasa Malaysia Award Ceremony at The Malaysian High Commission, but you kept a very low profile whilst in attendance, was there any reason for this Mr Edge?

We who are fighting this PJM Campaign, are getting just a little peeved (that isn't the real words I could use, but protocol tells me to play it differently!) with your attitude to the PJM, our cause is growing, you know this from the amount of mail your department is receiving.

We know that those in HMG are hiding behind Her Majesty The Queen's cloak, including yourself by not releasing information under The Freedom of Information Act as to who ill advised Her Majesty on the NON WEARING RULE, we have this in writing twice now as to the secrecy involving this issue.

Mr Edge your performance is not worth a Chartermark, you appear to be aloof from those you represent, Perhaps The Rt Hon Dr John Reid MP will be looking at shaping you guys up once he has sorted out The Home Office.

This is not an uncivil letter, it is the truth, you have the choice of not replying, if you deem it necessary not to reply please advise me of my rights as to whom I may be able to make an appeal.

Yours sincerely

John Cooper

I must point out that when Barry asked me to try and find out who from Whitehall would be attending the presentation I made four contacts,
1. I phoned Fred Burden NMBVA he did not know, you think the suits would have had the decency to inform Fred considering all the unpaid work that he does for them including postage, that’s right the MoD will not pay the postage for all those PJM applications that he checks and sends on to the MoD.

2. Email to Chris Edge at the FCO, you have seen his response.

3. Email to Richard Coney at the MoD who said he did not know but apologized for being less than helpful. Mind you a lot off Richards’s information has been very helpful to our campaign.

4. Email to Denis Brennan, Cabinet Secretary is yet to reply.

Post Subs 
Good Morning All.
If, as stated above, Fred is paying postage out of his pocket, and our fight does not look like ending in the near future, is it not time to set up a small fighting fund, after all most of you are now retired Gentlemen, me I was only 18 when I went into the "ULU" in 1963 so I am still a relative youngster. But seriously it's just a suggestion and I would be more that Happy to make a decent contribution after all there seems to be just a few who are doing all the hard work, which is fine, but you can't be expected to cover all the costs. If you think I am talking out of place, then just say so. It won't be the first time and I don't get upset easily. I just thought it might be worth a discussion, and if nothing comes of it at least we have talked about it.
Kind Regards
Terry....

I think the postage comes out of NMBVA funds? But I would have to ask Fred that question.
But the MoD should pay the postage.

The Fight4thepjm is not conected to the NMBVA but we are all members.

Whatever the cost we will fight on, if the need arises to raise funds we will let everyone know but many many thanks for the offer.

This what frightens the suits that we are willing to spend our time and money to fight.

Post Re: Subs 
revellt wrote:
Good Morning All.
If, as stated above, Fred is paying postage out of his pocket, and our fight does not look like ending in the near future, is it not time to set up a small fighting fund, after all most of you are now retired Gentlemen, me I was only 18 when I went into the "ULU" in 1963 so I am still a relative youngster. But seriously it's just a suggestion and I would be more that Happy to make a decent contribution after all there seems to be just a few who are doing all the hard work, which is fine, but you can't be expected to cover all the costs. If you think I am talking out of place, then just say so. It won't be the first time and I don't get upset easily. I just thought it might be worth a discussion, and if nothing comes of it at least we have talked about it.
Kind Regards
Terry....

Terry

That is a very thoughtful gesture of you and others that have offered help. From my point of view postage costs are acceptable in our fight, what I really would like to see is more members joining in our campaign.

I can tell everyone that many of us are here to see this job through to the bitter end, if anyone doubts this please PM me and leave a phone number and I will tell you how it is! We are all doing our bit, the best possible way for everyone to help is to write to your MP (if not done so) and ask for his/her support so that we can print the names of those in favour and those not.

There are many different addresses on the main PJM pages for individuals to write to, I know its bloody difficult but be as polite as you can, otherwise no reply from anyone

If anyone wants to contact me (There may be a delay periodically) then use this email address john.cooper@fight4thePJM.org

If anyone belongs to a military association then please generate some interest by writing on their guestbooks/forums, 1000+ members is just the tip of the iceberg on The PJM Forum with your help we can soon double that figure.......GO FOR IT! Very Happy

Perhaps we could try a new tack and lobby George Bush. He could lobby his boy Tony Blair over lunch with something like this " hey Blair what about letting your guys wear this PJM medal, you know we need as many friends as possible as we are running out of em pretty quick".

Post Re: Subs 
revellt wrote:
Good Morning All.
Kind Regards
Terry....

Terry,

Thanks for those generous thoughts.

I think it is important that everyone should see the structure behind the Fight4thePJM and I am pleased to see that it has been summarised at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575.

If anybody wishes to support the Fight4thePJM, please write to Members of the HD Committee, the Queen, the Defence Minister, the Veterans Minister, the Foreign Minister and the Minister for Trade and Industry at the FCO. Also, and most importantly, write to Denis Brennan at the Cabinet Office. We'll update these addresses on the web.

Thank you again.

Barry

If you look at the photos from the Malaysian High Commission PJM Presentation Ceremony last Wednesday you can just make out the two UK HD representatives in this pic

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/images/PJM-Presentation_190707/PJM_Presentation_190706_10.jpg

One is alledged to be behind the curtain where NMBVA Secretary Fred Burden is standing and making his speech, the other is alledgedly pretending to be a display of flowers, as for anyone getting under a table, surely no one would stoop that low....would they?

John,

Can you tell me were on the forum I go to find the other images at the presentation.

What, where George is on one knee waiting to be knighted, not on the forum, but on the main website here http://www.fight4thepjm.org/the_pjm_brit_presentation.htm

Thanks John,

Congrats to Jane Barry's wife for taking these exellent piccies.

Now how do I bring up individual shots like you did in your previous post but one John?

By the way the lady on the left is also wearing a PJM medal she was an RAF nurse in Changi.

George F

Right click on your mouse or double left click, click onto properties, copy and paste to whatever page/forum/notepad you like

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next