Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Rumours
Post Rumours 
Yesterday, the 19th July, we received a rumour to the effect that the Queen had given her approval for the PJM to be worn.

This is not correct.

On my return from the Presentation, I telephoned the Foreign Office and they confirmed that the rumour was untrue.

But they also confirmed that they are considering the contents of the Fight4thePJM Rebuttal ... whilst, I suspect, using the time to concoct their next round of spin.

So the fight goes on. And, as I reported to the Foreign Office, we shall never give up this just campaign.

Barry

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Rumours 
BarryF wrote:
Yesterday, the 19th July, we received a rumour to the effect that the Queen had given her approval for the PJM to be worn.

This is not correct.

On my return from the Presentation, I telephoned the Foreign Office and they confirmed that the rumour was untrue.

But they also confirmed that they are considering the contents of the Fight4thePJM Rebuttal ... whilst, I suspect, using the time to concoct their next round of spin.

So the fight goes on. And, as I reported to the Foreign Office, we shall never give up this just campaign.

Barry

Tell you what Barry, no matter what did/did not take place yesterday with 37 guys receiving their PJMs from the MHC the picture that paints a thousand words for me are those three Chelsea Pensioners. I know that the Daily Express article didn't favour our cause too much but that picture did it for me, three Vets in UNIFORM wearing THEIR PJMs aganst The Queens wishes, WOW!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1