Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The PJM page - First PJMs Presented
Post The PJM page - First PJMs Presented 
We have published details of the Australian presentation together with the photograph - the information is from the web site of the Australian Department of Defence. We have prefaced the text and piccie with:

"On the 30th January, the Governor General of Australia, the Queen's Representative in Australia, was presented with his PJM at a formal ceremony in Canberra. The event was recorded on the Governor General's web site. The article and the photograph of the presentation group are set out below.

His Excellency Governor General Major General Michael Jeffery is an Australian citizen and so has the Queen's formal permission to wear his medal.

We shall not take the opportunity to make any point here, only to say that the Australians have behaved impeccably in relation to the PJM and have shown the British Establishment that diplomatic table manners flourish in their country whilst our HD Committee and Government persist in eating their Privileged peas off their Imperial knives.

It is heart-warming to see next of kin receive with pride their relative's posthumous medal."

Personally I feel this is HYPOCRISY of the highest order from within the UK establishment. Good luck to the ANZACs we, one day, will follow suit

Post Newbie 
John Cooper wrote:
Personally I feel this is HYPOCRISY of the highest order from within the UK establishment. Good luck to the ANZACs we, one day, will follow suit

I'm a newbie here but already I need a tap in the top of my head! Blood boiling over. I wonder how many people understand what has happened. Keep up the good work. I'm with you on the "fight for the right to wear the PJM". I haven't done anything like this before so it's trial and error for me but I don't care. What's the best thing for newbies like me to do for starters?

Post Re: Newbie 
I haven't done anything like this before so it's trial and error for me but I don't care. What's the best thing for newbies like me to do for starters?[/quote]

Hi Ben!....and welcome aboard!....For starters, go to 'The Lobby' and browse through the items available...then try 'What We Say'....those threads together with a bit of browsing through 'Forum' should give you a fair idea of what the score is...having done that, consider writing to your MP asking for his/her commitment to helping rescind this ridiculous decision.

You'll find that all of the guys on this site are every bit as angry as you appear to be!...and we're all spoiling for the fight...Get stuck in anytime you like pal!

'Jock'

Suppose The Governor General of Australia attends a "Confrontasi" reunion in the UK.

He'll be wearing his PJM, but the UK veterans won't.

Strange isn't it.

Another thought - I must stop doing this.

Who sets up these Reunions?

Could we set up a "Confrontasi" Reunion in the UK and ask the GG of Australia to attend?

We could I supose (or those in the UK could), march in the Veterans Parade as one group, behind a banner - "PJM Veterans Not Allowed to Wear their PJM". even better if the GG could attend! (wearing his PJM of course).

As a civvy, and as an anti establishmentarian I shall wear mine on my left breast, come what may, Tower of London, Old Bailey, Guantanamo, or any other Gulag they can think of. One thing though don't ever let one of those decision making bastards be near me when I do so!!!!!!!!!

This is an interesting situatuion......A visiting New Zealander or Australian is entitled to wear the PJM on Veterans day.....we cannot.
Maybe the HD committe and Gordon Brown would like to clarify this???

Bob (booty)Bryant

I'm thinking too now... (happens seldom, I confess)...given the current interpretation of the 'rules'...after I shuffle off this mortal coil, my son will not be 'formally' permitted to wear my decoration on his right breast either...does this not place the restriction on all of our families in perpetuity?....It's not just 'for life'...it's for ever!

'Jock'.

This is an interesting situatuion......A visiting New Zealander or Australian is entitled to wear the PJM on Veterans day.....we cannot.
Maybe the HD committe and Gordon Brown would like to clarify this???

As things stand, they'll have a job.

And then there are those with dual citizenship down under. They can't wear their PJM. And if they do as they stand beside their former comrades in arms from Malaya/Borneo, will an overly zealous member of the RSL have them arrested thereby making a point about the refreshing openness of the modern Australian Honours system compared to the secretive constipation of the prehistoric Imperial Honours System? Any Brits ready for martyrdom? Any RSL ready to 'do the honours'? (Who said anything about agents provocateurs!?)

Last edited by BarryF on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

does this not place the restriction on all of our families in perpetuity?

Yes

Any Brits ready for martyrdom? Any RSL ready to 'do the honours'? (Who said anything about agents provocateurs!?)

Well it won't be this year that I march in the local ANZAC Day March, with my PJM. The sods took long enough to work out whether they were going to accept the PJM on our behalf. Imagine how long they'll take posting them out to us.

But if and when I get mine, I will be wearing it on an ANZAC Day March.

I'll also make it my job to look for a Aussie born digger wearing one, and get a photograph of the two of us wearing them.

I'll also inform the RSL tht I am wearing mine illegally.

Lets see what happens.

Lets see what happens.

What hapens to all martyrs allegedly - Great abundance will be yours in the great NAAFI in the sky, Iceni!

The picture you paint is 'fundamental', of course, and it is a serious point - it reflects not very attractively upon the HD Comittee who have knowingly enabled that bizarre and unjust anomaly to become reality.

No it wasn't - it was me. Admin had signed in for dawn Stand To! And, as we wait for dawn, it's too early and too white above the parapet (snowfall here in Manchester overnight) for people like me to know what they're doing. Off to grab a coffee ...

Last edited by BarryF on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

If and when mine comes through I will wear mine on ANZAC day and rememberance day. Also with the Oz medal it was asked if you would be in Malayaia and if you would like it presented up there.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next