Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
First British PJMs to be presented on the 19th July
Post First British PJMs to be presented on the 19th July 
We understand that the first British PJMs (those of the trinket variety) will be presented at the Malaysian High Commission in London on Wednesday, 19th July 2006.

We shall be interested to see a copy of an invitation. Will it have been drafted by the British Government to the effect that "the presentation is on the understanding that British citizens do not have permission to wear their medal"?

And will the British Government insert a caveat in the Malaysian letter to the effect that that restriction only applies to some British citizens, not all, thereby discriminating against the majority, i.e.single nationality British citizens?

Having said that, this is an important occasion for Malaysia and we shall treat the Presentation with the utmost respect - the same respect we have for the King, Government and gracious people of that wonderful country.

Barry

We PJMers as will the Malaysians will act with Honour and accept our PJM with all the pride that it deserves.

Those without honour will act accordingly

For those that are going to the presentation at The HMC, best of luck, WEAR your medal with pride.

For those who read this forum from Her Majestys Government (HMG) please leave well alone, do not engage in any politics as we are outraged at your decision to advise Her Majesty on the non-wearing rule, if we ex Vets can snub HM by wearing the PJM as you have snubbed the King and people of Malaya then so be it.

Winning hearts and minds, pah!

Post PJM PRESENTATIONS 
WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THIS GOES,THE LESS OUR GOV INVOLVED THE BETTER,HOPE THE MOD STAYS AWAY TOO,WHAT WILL THEY PEDDLE OUT, BE PREPARED, TO HEAR A SPOKESMANS SPIEL , THAT WILL LEAVE YOU GAGGING. FEEL SORRY FOR THE MALAYSIAN'S IN ALL THIS,WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SEEN AS ,AND HAILED AS AN EXAMPLE , OF CO-OPERATION ,BETWEEN CULTURES,FAITH'S, TO SUPPORT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, AGAINST AN UNWELCOME INSURGENCY, HAS BEEN TURNED INTO ,A KICK IN THE TEETH,TO US THE VETERAN'S, BY OUR OWN COUNTRY ,WHO SENT US THERE! THIS FROM A GOVERNMENT,WHO PURPORTS TO GIVE RIGHTS,TO TERRORISTS, WHO ARE S==T SCARED OF BEING SENT BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY,AND BE PUNISHED UNDER THEIR OWN LAWS.
YET WE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED, AND OUR LEGACY WHICH IS MALAYSIA, HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST,BY AN UNELECTED QUANGO OF SYCOPHANTIC WHOHARZ! YET OUR COMRADES IN ARMS FROM THE REST OF THE COMMONWEALTH FORCES,ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR UNRESTRICTED , THE SAME MEDAL!,WHICH WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEAR ON FORMAL OCCASION'S," THEY" SAY , IT WON'T BE POLICED,WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT,MOST WILL WEAR IT ANYWAY.WE DON'T WANT IT ON A NOD AND A WINK,OVER A GAME OF CROQUET, WE WANT THE WORDING CHANGED,TO THE SAME AS OUR OVERSEA'S OPPO'S, NOTHING LESS,BY DEMOCRATIC PROCESS.
WILL SOME ERK BE IN ATTENDANCE,TO TELL THOSE WHO ARE TO BE GIVEN THIS HONOUR,PRIOR TO GETTING IT ,G.S.M. 'NOT TO BE WORN',AS YOU'LL BE DISCOURTEOUS TO THE SOVEREIGN?
AS ONE OF THE LEAST LIKELY TO BE CHOSEN FOR THIS PRESENTATION ,WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST,ANY IDEAS,WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE DIGNITY OF THE OCCASION TO OUR HOST, AND THE PJM,AND THE N.M.B.V.A. AS WELL AS OURSELVES AND PREVIOUS AWARDS WE HAVE,BUT AT THE SAME TIME ,IF PRESS IS ABOUT ,USE THEM TO ,TO SUPPORT US ,AGAINST OUR OWN GOV,TO HIGHLIGHT THIS INJUSTICE.

TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO EXTEND MY SYMPATHIES TO FAMILY,OF PTE. WILLIAMS. PUNISHED TO DEATH,FOR A DRUNKEN PRANK,BY THOSE WHO ONLY GET HIGH SPIRITED.

Post Re: PJM PRESENTATIONS 
ro5=6372 wrote:
WILL SOME ERK BE IN ATTENDANCE,TO TELL THOSE WHO ARE TO BE GIVEN THIS HONOUR,PRIOR TO GETTING IT ,G.S.M. 'NOT TO BE WORN',AS YOU'LL BE DISCOURTEOUS TO THE SOVEREIGN?

AS ONE OF THE LEAST LIKELY TO BE CHOSEN FOR THIS PRESENTATION ,WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FIRST,ANY IDEAS,WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE DIGNITY OF THE OCCASION TO OUR HOST, AND THE PJM,AND THE N.M.B.V.A. AS WELL AS OURSELVES AND PREVIOUS AWARDS WE HAVE,BUT AT THE SAME TIME ,IF PRESS IS ABOUT ,USE THEM TO ,TO SUPPORT US ,AGAINST OUR OWN GOV,TO HIGHLIGHT THIS INJUSTICE.

Pete,

You've raised some very pertinent points there. I think those in attendance may well have an opportunity to express themselves whilst at the same time avoiding any discomfort for the gracious Malaysian people who have arranged the occasion that is all about times in their history which are so important to them - and to us who were there.

Barry.

PS Have you spilled SuperGlue over your Caps lock, Pete? The capital letters always give the impression of you shouting ... which may be helpful to those, like me, who are as deaf as a post, but it may seem overpowering to others!

WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE DIGNITY OF THE OCCASION TO OUR HOST, AND THE PJM,AND THE N.M.B.V.A. AS WELL AS OURSELVES AND PREVIOUS AWARDS WE HAVE,BUT AT THE SAME TIME ,IF PRESS IS ABOUT ,USE THEM TO ,TO SUPPORT US ,AGAINST OUR OWN GOV,TO HIGHLIGHT THIS INJUSTICE.

Pete.....you need have no fears regarding the conduct of those selected to become the first recipients of the PJM...I consider myself fortunate to be acquainted with 2 of their number and they are both complete gentlemen...both greatly admire and respect the Malaysian people...and neither would ever do anything to offend them, or the dignity of the occasion, in any way.

However....you may also rest assured that neither will they shy away from any media attention which may very well occur after the fact!

Post you poor sods 
looks like you are dealing with the bottom layer in a rearly rotten barrel over there in the ol dart,maybe you should offer money for an honour,

To all those who have been campaigning so hard, first of all to get the PJM accepted, and now to have the non wearing rule changed. At last we are about to see some positive progress with the first presentations to take place on the 19th July.

I wonder if the medal will be pinned to the recipient's chest..........or will it be handed to him or her in a box.........I hope it is the former.............and I hope there are plenty of press photographers on hand to publicise the event.

Perhaps we can get a photo on here.

Cheers, Ken

Post CAPS LOCK! 
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, ABOUT 'SHOUTING', IF IT WAS ONLY THAT SIMPLE,ASYOU SAID YOUR HARD OF HEARING ,WELL ME , ITS ONLY WAY I CAN SEE, BETWEEN RANGES OF MY BI-FOCALS!REGARDS TO ALL, IF I'M DEEMED 'SHOUTING' REST ASSURED ITS ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION. Shocked

Post Re: CAPS LOCK! 
ro5=6372 wrote:
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, ABOUT 'SHOUTING', IF IT WAS ONLY THAT SIMPLE,ASYOU SAID YOUR HARD OF HEARING ,WELL ME , ITS ONLY WAY I CAN SEE, BETWEEN RANGES OF MY BI-FOCALS!REGARDS TO ALL, IF I'M DEEMED 'SHOUTING' REST ASSURED ITS ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION. Shocked

Pete,

Leave the Caps Lock on ... I had a feeling that there was a fundamentally good reason.

And your posts wouldn't quite seem the same without the Caps On!

All the best,

Barry

Post Re: CAPS LOCK! 
BarryF wrote:
ro5=6372 wrote:

Pete,

Leave the Caps Lock on ... I had a feeling that there was a fundamentally good reason.

And your posts wouldn't quite seem the same without the Caps On!

All the best,

Barry

Another on this forum has this problem with Caplocks when I correspond to him, he has this problem with diabetes and has to receive and send with caplocks on and sometimes I have to reply in blue bold type. So I understand the probs too, the only snag is I have to pull back from the screen area to read what Pete and my mate is saying, I'm living with it now but found it difficult at first. Only a suggestion but under 'VIEW' on your browser bar you can change text size this may help.

I also got your message re the pin badges Pete, stay tuned as we don't want these to be a limited collectors item we would like everyone to have one. We had an initial batch of 500 run off and these were despatched accordingly, we are looking at the cost again as they don't come cheap for small batch runs. We are aiming to reach the TEN TON Club in membership in the next few days and it is hoped those members of the forum that give their support will be first in the queue. I will start a thread for those that are interested!

I am certailnly interested in receiving a pin when you can get round to it.
Excellent news about the PJM. I am sure the reciprocants will do us proud...plenty of pics. please

Bob Bryant

Post Re: PJM PRESENTATIONS 
BarryF wrote:

... which may be helpful to those, like me, who are as deaf as a post,

WHAT?

I shall be wearing mine mounted with my British ones at the next Armistice Day Parade and I don't give a stuff what anyone from this government says................my reply to them, 'up yours'.

Have a good day on the 19th. you lucky ones and say what you think when asked by the media.

Regards
John

Last edited by jireland on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Have a good day on the 19th. you lucky ones and say what you think when asked by the media.

Regards
John

John

An interesting point as you are Vice Chairman of The Wiltshire RBL, what would be the views of the RBL on your goodself or other members wearing the PJM on Armisitice Day? I should imagine the RBL in general are keeping a discreet distance in all of this, any views?

Edited quote by John Cooper 1033hrs 7th july

Last edited by John Cooper on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next