Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Kiwis about to receive their PJMs
Post Kiwis about to receive their PJMs 
New Zealand personnel are about to receive their PJMs.

Note the gracious way that the matter has been handled ... cooperation between New Zealand and Malaysia at all times, and with honour, and with integrity (e.g. applications were checked by their Defence department so only eligible personnel will receive the PJM).

Compare that with the buttock-clenching, tight-lipped meanness and duplicity of the British government who have essentially tried to strip from the PJM every element of dignity and integrity. They've refused the Malaysian request to verify applications and the veterans are having to do all the work and pay all the costs of receiving the PJM! We even have to arrange our own delivery! And today is supposed to be our country's National Veterans Day!!!

But, a message to the people of Malaysia from those of us fighting for the right to wear the PJM - We are honoured that you have so graciously presented us with this honourable award that was honourably earned. We shall never forget that it is in respect of service at a time in your nation's history which is so important to you. British civil servants and our government might, but we never shall. Terima Kasih.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0606/S00519.htm

Post Re: Kiwis about to receive their PJMs 
BarryF wrote:
Note the gracious way that the matter has been handled ... cooperation between New Zealand and Malaysia at all times, and with honour, and with integrity ... Compare that with the buttock-clenching, tight-lipped meanness and duplicity of the British government who have essentially tried to strip from the PJM every element of dignity and integrity. ,,, We even have to arrange our own delivery!
And today is supposed to be our country's National Veterans Day!!!

I've just read this and cannot believe what I am reading! In New Zealand, applications are being encouraged. The NZ government knows what this medal means. They will 'courier' the medal to their veterans! We'll have to collect suitcases of the medals from the Malaysian High Coimmission, take them back to regimental associations (how is the NMBVA going to cope), and pay then pay the postage to the veterans. U N B E L I E V A B L E !

The Associations who agreed to do the MoD's work were conned! By volunteering, they have now got to pay for everything. It's just incredible. I'm bloody ashamed to be British. Kev

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1