Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
I'm being very polite!
Post CORRECT 
[quote="Paul Alders"]Perhaps they are called REAR Admirals because thats what they talk through or may be this ones a RED Admiral.

Anyhow this one is not going to change his mind, because to do so he would have to admit he was wrong and I have never know a Senior Officer do that. He will need someone else to blame first.
Anyone know a scapegoat?[/quote]
YEP YOUR RIGHT, THEY/ HE WILL ONLY REINFORCE INCOMPETENCE, THEY READ FROM A AD -LIBED SCRIPT,AS FOR WE WAN'T TO WEAR OUR PJM's, I DO CONFESS TO NOT CONFORMING, AIN'T GOING TO PLAY BY RULES, BECAUSE I'M AFRAID THERE'S NO INTEGRITY IN THE RULES FOR A START! TO ME FORMAL IS A WORD, JUST THAT, I'LL WEAR MINE WHERE EVER AND WHENEVER I LIKE, END OF STORY! I APPLAUD EVERYONE'S DETERMINATION TO RIGHT THIS WRONG, BUT WHERE IS ALL THIS FIRING OFF OF E_MAILS, POINTING OUT THE , BUMBLER'S ON HD, GOING? SURE IT MAKES PEOPLE AWARE, HEIGHTENS OUR PROFILE ETC, BUT THESE PEOPLE WILL KEEP YOU RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES TILL YOU DISAPPEAR UP YOUR OWN ARSEHOLE, IN A MASTERCLASS OF BUCK PASSING & SLOPING SHOULDERS.ASKING THAT HD REVIEW ITS COCK UP AND ADMIT IT, HAS AS MUCH CHANCE, AS THE TITANIC WAS UNSINKABLE! SURELY, THE HD BODS SHOULD BE INSTRUCTED, BY A HIGHER AUTHORITY, EXERCISING A PEROGOTIVE AS A FONT OF ALL HONOURS, AS ON A PAR WITH AUSRALIA & NEW ZEALAND. NO ONE IN PUBLIC OFFICE HAS THE PLAIN OLD FASHINED GUTS, TO STICK THEIR HEAD OVER THE PARAPET, ON THIS. I JUST GET REALLY HOT UNDER THE COLLAR, YES IT SHOW'S IN MY POSTINGS TOO, BUT AS SEVERAL OF US KNOW, OUR ATTITUDES ARE FORMED BY THE ATTITUDES OF , WHAT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH, FAIR COMMENT OR WHAT? SOMEHOW OUR GRACIOUS SOVEREIGN LADY, OR HER PLAIN SPEAKING, BEMEDALLED WAR SERVICE CONSORT, SHOULD GET TO KNOW ALL THIS, AND SORT THEM OUT IN THE LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTAND. THATS IT FOR PLEASE NO FLAK, I'M SINCERE IN MY BELIEFS, WE ARE HONOURABLE, BUT WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH IS NOT, SO ITS RULE BOOK OUT THE WINDOW WITH ME!

Post Re: CORRECT 
ro5=6372 wrote:
THATS IT FOR PLEASE NO FLAK, I'M SINCERE IN MY BELIEFS, WE ARE HONOURABLE, BUT WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH IS NOT, SO ITS RULE BOOK OUT THE WINDOW WITH ME!

Go for it, Pete! That's a great message that 'they' would do well to heed.

We'll keep the Foreign Decorations rule book, though. Cos it's that rule book that says the PJM is OK. It's that rule book that they tried to abuse. So we're going for them within those rules. They would prefer we did it differently, but we won't. You are right, they are wrong. Yup ... go for them. And use the rules. They are on your side for once.

Barry

PS Err ... Your Caps Lock on your computer ... I keep thinking you're SHOUTING at me. But I know you're not ... you're shouting at them ... I hope. All the best, B.

http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/medals_folder/medals_medal_instituted.htm

This page from the VA/MoD was really to highlight who the HD Committee were to Newbies and how GB medals were instituted and sanctioned.

Peter..............none of us have gotten hot under the collar yet, we will be shortly though, these tw@ts haven't seen anything yet, so keep the blood simmering but wait until it curdles mate then we will fire a few broadsides across Wilkinsons bows. Pete it might be easier for me to read your post with Cap Locks off, is that possible Question

I have had an email from the Home Office.
And I quote; "ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH US" we have passed your comments to the MOD.

Were do we get these people from, I tell them that I'm going to break the law and they inform the MOD. I'm off to dig some slit trenches in my front garden.

Post Ring around the Rosie... 
It's an interesting scenario Paul...

A citizen writes to the Prime Minister re the PJM...

The Prime Minister's office replies saying that the subject matter is the responsibility of the MoD and forwards the letter to them...

So the aforementioned citizen addresses his next letter to the MoD...They respond, claiming the responsibility is not theirs and refers citizen to the FCO...

So the citizen writes to the FCO...They respond saying they are bound by the decisions of the HD Committee...

So the citizen writes to the HD Committee...they elect not to respond at all!

One might easily get the impression that they are collectively conspiring to avoid answering any questions....Nah couldn't be that?...that would be illegal wouldn't it??

Keep at 'em Paul they will get pi$$ed off before we do! Very Happy

I have had an email from the Home Office.
And I quote; "ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH US" we have passed your comments to the MOD.

Were do we get these people from, I tell them that I'm going to break the law and they inform the MOD. I'm off to dig some slit trenches in my front garden.

OK ... so who are the eight members of the HD Committee ... and is one not the Permanent Secretary, Home Office, Sir John Gieve CB?

Did he or did he not make a recommendation re the PJM?

Did he do that as Permanent Secretary, Home Office (membership of the HD Committee is by the appointment and not by appointment)?

Or did he do that in his own name, Sir John Gieve CB?

If reneging on the former, and claiming the latter, then I want to know how come a private citizen is sticking his dinosaur snout into my rights.

If not reneging on the former, please answer my friend's question before passing the buck to the wrong Department.

PS If top civil servants, departmental members, and QUANGO members do not understand the makeup of the HD Committeee and do not understand the difference between "British" and "Foreign" (as in British Medals policy and Foreign medals policy), no wonder they made such a horlicks of the PJM recommendation. It was a right royal cock-up - and they know it.

May I add that there are two (Five years rules) and they can be easily mixed up.

A critical point, George.

RE the PJM recommendation, they've mixed their metaphors to try and camouflage their mean-minded recommendation - and to get away from facing up to a lot of their own inconsistencies and deceits.

The fact of the matter is that the Commonwealth PJM cannot be unwearable if judged only within the Foreign Decorations rules and in the context of the scope of the PJM and the scope of the rules.

Vive la difference! Thank you for helping the HD Committee understand how to spell Foreign ... it does not start with a "B".

Post What a great Laugh 
Barry, John and all our "we want to wear our PJM" readers.

What a great Laugh!

And its not Barry or John's articles that I'm laughing about.

The HD Committeee are now becoming the laughing stock of the medal world.

Oh dear. I was wrong.

They are the laughing stock of the medal world.

You are right ICENI, the HD Committee are a laughing stock in fact I get NEARLY as many laughs from them as I do watching any episode of FAWLTY TOWERS Very Happy Very Happy

I wonder if that lot know that not only are they the butt of criticism andjokes but are also an embarrassment to the name of Great Britain Shocked

Post Protocol 
It seems that Mrs Cherie I'm having a bad hair day Blair put up 2 fingers to protocol when she met the pope, one she wore white and only catholic monarchs are allowed to do that also she did not cover her head, well I suppose if you had paid 70 grand to have your hair done you wouldn't put a scarf on.

So if this lady who would be queen can say stuff it (O-No it's 2 shags again) SO CAN WE.

O well talking of stuffing it, I'm off to watch my Team get stuffed by Newcastle, see you in the championship next season.

I wonder if that lot know that not only are they the butt of criticism andjokes but are also an embarrassment to the name of Great Britain Shocked

I am given to understand that now, they are an embarassment to HM The Queen.[/quote]

Straight after the Cabinet reshuffle I wrote to every member of the cabinet plus an extra two letters to the MoD & FCO Ministers.

After all this time I have had only two replies’ and that were to say they were passing my letter to the MoD.

Now are they just slow or are they now starting to ignore me?

Do they think that I will give up?

So you men in suits who crawl up the back passages of Whitehall, I will not give up, I will not go away and I will not crawl. I will walk with pride and keep knocking on the doors of power until you correct your errors.

Post Re: Protocol 
[quote="Paul Alders"]It seems that Mrs Cherie I'm having a bad hair day Blair put up 2 fingers to protocol when she met the pope, one she wore white and only catholic monarchs are allowed to do that also she did not cover her head, well I suppose if you had paid 70 grand to have your hair done you wouldn't put a scarf on.

So if this lady who would be queen can say stuff it (O-No it's 2 shags again) SO CAN WE.

O well talking of stuffing it, I'm off to watch my Team get stuffed by Newcastle, see you in the championship next season.[/quote]
£70K FOR A KIN HAIRCUT! I'LL DO IT FOR FREE, AND SHE CAN SPEND THE MONEY ON THE FACE INSTEAD, OR EMPLOY A FLUNKY TO LIGHT HER DADS FAGS!!!

Post Protocol 
It does seem that abiding by the rules of protocol is only for the great unwashed. As has been pointed out, The First Lady deigned to wera white when she granted an audience to the Pope. I recall a few years ago, at the State Opening of Parliament, the late Tony Banks kept his fingers crossed behind his back when swearing the Oath to the Queen. I would have thought that it was against protocol to shag your diary secretary, but Prezzer did not agree. My take on this is that if our overpaid, oversexed "betters" can choose which protocols they wish to conform to, then so can I.

Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next