Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Uncaring and mean-spirted British Government.

Re the NGSM and the PJM is it possible to keep these two campaigns separate, I don't know about others but I get confused here. Whilst both are worthy causes, I feel that we ought to stay focussed on one campaign, which this site is about the PJM.

Any thoughts on doing this...............?
John

George

Re the NGSM and the PJM is it possible to keep these two campaigns separate, I don't know about others but I get confused here. Whilst both are worthy causes, I feel that we ought to stay focussed on one campaign, which this site is about the PJM.

Any thoughts on doing this...............?
John

I agree John. This site is about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal and until we achieve our objective to have the non-wearing rule rescinded the information supplied by George, albeit excellent research, does tend to be counter productive to the PJM because it diverts their attention from our original objective and actual subject. After all George the 'poor little dears' in the uncivil service can only handle one thing at a time or they get confused and tend to ignore everyone and everything so we must keep them focused on the subject.

I agree lets win the PJM issue & when that is done I for one Promice to back George 100% on the NGSM

Post Re: The NGSM issue is very much a PJM issue. 
George F wrote:
John & mc dangle,

The NGSM issue is very much a PJM issue.

"Permission to wear the PJM will not, however, formally be given.  It is long standing Government policy that non-British medals will not be approved for events or service:

* that took place more than 5 years before initial consideration, or in connection with events that took place in the distant past (e.g. commemorative medals);

* if the recipient has received a British award for the same service."

The British award mentioned here in the Ministerial Statement includes the NGSM 1915 -62 as well as the GSM 1918 -62 and GSM 62.

George F

Must be my age George!

Post PJM 
Yes, I think we all understand the rules and background George and do not have to be reminded all the time. My argument is with the people who will not allow me to wear the PJM and not with people like you who agree that we should wear it and I think we are wasting everyone's time going over old ground and I most certainly do not think others reading arguments or diffferences of opinion like this does our fight4thepjm any good, so save it for those who are against us, George. I for one will not rise to this bait ever again and I will save my ammo for those who are against us. I hope this is taken in the spirit it is given, it in no way impinges on your ability or knowledge of medals and lobbying and I hope you do not think I am having a go. Just giving my opinion.

Post Re: PJM 
Furthermore there are some posts others send I am not happy about, but I dont complain about them. I just ignore them and carry on. If the moderator dont like what I post then he can delete it.

George F[/quote]

Apologies for starting this but my point is in the top post by George F, I try to pick up on the salient point of getting the authority OFFICIALLY to wear the PJM, I'm not sure I understand all the implications with the GSM as I personally have never had any need to question said subject as I was issued with my GSM in 1958.

I find it confusing to follow what I see as two separate issues, I will always give my support to an injustice and it very much appears as those Naval lads have a genuine gripe where no NGSM was issued or documentation is just not available.

I read all posts on this excellent forum and try to understand most but I do feel separating the two issues difficult, I have no doubt that George will try to enlighten me because as sure as fate the Government cannot!

If you ever start a separate petition/campaign let me know how I can help

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1