Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MP Expenses.
Post MP Expenses. 
Meg Munn MP appears in The Telegraph to-day in connection with the on-going investigation into MP's expenses. You will all remember this MP was the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, who refused to listen to veterans on the subject of the wearing of the PJM.

Perhaps we are all now learning why these Cabinet Ministers cannot stand up for the rights of the ordinary citizens and veterans of this country and just how the HD Committee has the right to disregard the democratic rights of UK citizens. Looks like it is all going to crumble soon though and perhaps we may be listened to in the near future.

Just been reading about that here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8067661.stm

I shall have no truck with any existing MP in Parliament, I feel they have let down the electorate including those that have not been found out yet! So where does this leave Civil Servants, well I best keep my own thoughts to myself just in case any barrister wants to jump on the gravy train too, the whole system stinks and is rotten to the core.

So on June 4th I can imagine the turnout, message written and understood................. Mad

Post June 4th 
Have I missed something while I was away from home. I thought June 4th elections were for European Parliament and Local Councils only. As I understand it the present Prime Minister is intent on running to the end of full term next year.

Mike Ostler

Fortunately not all MP’s are tarred with the same brush and some of our best supporters appear to be clean, British Justice has been against us but let us not judge all until we know the full facts, after all is not that what we have been asking for these past 4 years.

If these MEP’s want our vote ask them what they can do for us.

Post Re: June 4th 
ostler1 wrote:
Have I missed something while I was away from home. I thought June 4th elections were for European Parliament and Local Councils only. As I understand it the present Prime Minister is intent on running to the end of full term next year.

Mike Ostler

Yes of course the elections, Mike, are for Local and European but it is within our grasp to show the big 3 parties that we are all sick to the hind teeth with them and we can send them all a very strong message on how they are running this country with the Civil Servants supporting and making the policies as per the PJM.

According to the CS we have no voice, let us change that for ever

What would be a very welcome "move", is to have a list of those MP's who have NOT, as I see it committed fraud or theft or whatever of OUR money. I wonder how long it might be? Regards Dave.

What would be a very welcome "move", is to have a list of those MP's who have NOT, as I see it committed fraud or theft or whatever of OUR money. I wonder how long it might be? Regards Dave.

Whatever the politics we now have to deal with our parliament, whoever it is in the future. The present cabinet has shown very little interest in democracy and the rights of the citizens of this country and we all know the reason for this. The Queen, who is advised by the HD Committee does not apparently recognise that to allow certain veterans in the Commonwealth of Nations to accept and wear the PJM but to single out British veterans not to have permission to wear it, is plain and simple 'discrimination' and who would have thought that our Sovereign and her close advisers would not have recognised this breach of human rights. The days when quangos who act in secret and are not responsible to the elected parliament of our country are about to close and as the boy Dave said in his speech published in the Guardian yesterday 'the secrecy culture in public life and the bureaucratic elitism' in our government has to end. I would add to that the 'self-appointed aristrocracy' in the Mandarin section of the civil service have to be disbanded to enable our government to rule the country on behalf of its people.

I swore my oath, just like you, Andy, and, as I have said before on this site, believed that having done so there would be a reciprocal response should I ever need it. You are so right...in that we have been let down by the monarch we not only swore our oath to but went on active service for. OK....we got a medal, either thrown at us on parade or that came up with the rations. It was known as the General Service Medal, with suitable clasp. 50 years later we were given a further medal known as the Pingat Jasa Malaysia to celebrate that nation's survival and our part in its survival. How more honourable can that be? Its issue by a great nation should have been celebrated in the UK as it has been in other Comonwealth countries......but NO! 35 thousand of us have been denied a little extra pride in our twilight years for doing something really worthwhile. We are now less than the original 35 thousand because age and in some cases the sacrifices made at the time have depleted our ranks over several years of trying to get our monarch to accept her responsibility to us and the right of a commonwealth nation to honour our service in its survival.

Surely we can say.....SHAME.... on someones' part, and hope for an end to the nonsense we have endured for so long.

I have to endorse what has been said before and it saddens me that the rock of our civilisation, the Monarchy, is now held in such low esteem by those who have served it best.

John Sad

Of course one has to ask who is responsible for overseeing expense claims and authorising payment ??

One can safely assume that evidence and proof of expenditure is always required............can't we. Rolling Eyes

Surely this task is not done by Civil Servants. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1