Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Exchange of letters between a PJMer and the MoD (Mr Coney)
Post Exchange of letters between a PJMer and the MoD (Mr Coney) 
Here is a letter from Hamish in Australia to Mr Tebbitt at the MoD:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Hamish-to_Tebbitt_240406.pdf

- and Mr Coney's response:

NOTE:

1. The HD Committee is answerable to the Queen! - and only the Queen!

2. You have been granted a souvenir! A keepsake! Yippeeee!!!!

Lost for words? We hope not!

Where's me pen 'n' paper ...

Mr Coney states 'Keepsakes and Souvenirs' he also mentions that the HD Committee is answerable to no one except HM The Queen, well I now know where my next missive will be heading.

But we as Vets 'are not being discriminated against' OK so Coney is the Judge and Jury is he? Watch your back Mr Coney, I think there are a lot of us out there that would disagree with you on that point!
Evil or Very Mad

I have just emailed Mr Coney MOD or should it be MAD

To, MR CONEY
I have just seen your letter to Mr Walters on our web site
www.fight4thepjm.org
The Pingat Jasa Malaysia is not a commerative medal
Pingat in English means Medal
Jasa in English means Service
So this is the Malaysian Service Medal

Now there seems to be some misunderstanding about the PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA MEDAL (PJM).
So here are some facts that I hope will give you a better understanding of this Medal.

FACT. There is no British Medal that covers the same time scale as the PJM.
FACT. There is no British Medal that covers the same territory as the PJM. (Labaun Island just to name one).
FACT. It was a Commonwealth Force that served in the Emergency, The Confrontation and the period in between.
FACT. Malaysia is a Commonwealth Country giving a Medal to its Commonwealth colleagues.
FACT. No British Citizen needs the permission from HM the Queen or the Government to accept a foreign medal if it is not to be worn.
FACT. There is no law/rule that has been passed by Parliament that says “you can accept a foreign medal but not formally wear it”……So this ruling is unlawful. It discriminates against British Citizens. It is also racial discrimination because Malay’s & Singapore Chinese who served in the British Forces and so come under our MOD ruling, this Government is stopping them from wearing the PJM even though they live in Malaysia & Singapore.

FACT. When you take ALL of the above into account the Honours Committee have acted unlawfully and have ill advised HM the Queen who indirectly has also acted unlawfully on the advice of Her Ministers.

I look forward to your reply,(ps you can leave out the B/S)
Mr Paul Alders

Cut out the B/S Coney, Paul I like that I think we all ought to use that as a PS

(ps you can leave out the B/S) Mr Paul Alders

Did a double-take on that PS, Paul. I'm still chuckling!

If anybody does write to Mr Coney (or anyone else for that matter) about the Commonwealth angle, it is true that the medal is not issued by the Commonwealth. He knows that and we know that. But he knows what the Citation says - it's awarded to Commonwealth forces - so he's trying to jump ship while still in dry dock.

But let's continue to focus their attention on the Commonwealth and, to that end, it is worth mentioning again and again and again (I've been doing it for over a year now) that the 28th Commonwealth Infantry Brigade stationed in Malacca was, oddly, a Commonwealth force and it was only allowed to be stationed on the Peninsula if it was first available to the Malaysian Government on what we now recognise to be PJM duty. The force was to all intents and purposes 'on loan' - and the Foreign Decoration rules make specific provision for such service to merit an unrestricted, wearable, medal.

That is one key reason why they will try and duck the Commonwealth issue ... it is too strong an argument for our cause.

Barry

Would someone please let me have this bastard Coney's email address. I will not be nice, spineless bastards like him need telling......a keepsake eh!

Bob Bryant

Post Re: Exchange of letters between a PJMer and the MoD (Mr Cone 
George F wrote:

I wonder would Mr Coney had the guts to write such a letter to veteran SAS officers Colonel Ian Crooke & Lieut Col Fairweather?

I should like to be able to help Mr Coney. He appears to sorely need it.

George, do you think that there is enough ink left in your quill to write to the veteran SAS officers, Colonel Ian Crooke & Lieut Col Fairweather? You could give them a run down on what Mr Coney has to say?

They really should be told what is being said about their service by Mr Coney.

Perhaps they might then write to Mr Coney, telling him of their vews on the matter?

Merdeka.

I looked up "keepsake" in the Oxford dictionary....."a thing that is kept in memory of the giver" Whilst I will be extremely gratefull to the king of Malaysia and the agong government, the PJM will always remind me of my twin brother (now deceased) who fought beside me in Sarawak and all the other marines and soldiers who were out there, some of whom did not come back.
Sometimes these spineless unalected cretins need to face reality.

Bob Bryant

Reference my last......I include Navy, Airforce and anyone else who served. I am extremely annoyed and my little brain cannot keep up with my fingers.
Bob Bryant

George F wrote:
Yes John good idea, letters like Mr Coneys, Harper's, Touhig and the Baroneess wrote last year only help our campaign all the more. Using the whole letter or quotations from these letters to fire back at the big fish keeps the heat on. Furthermore nothing is better than letters like these for getting forum subscribers hackles up to write to government themselves. Long may they continue.

And what about letters to you George - from Malaysian High Commission:

or http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/HCM_letter_to_GF.jpg

Is this more corroboration that the Queen hasn't said "No" but the Minsiters who say they have no power to interfere in an HD Comittee have actually screwed things up to suit their owen agenda?

Barry

George F wrote:
Barry, this is the Malaysians own interpretation of the Ministerial Statement. From what I read they are blaming the British Government on the refusal to wear the PJM medal and not the Queen.

Precisely.

Post Mr Coney, MOD 
Mr Coney's email address is richard.coney506@mod.uk
phone number 0207 218 7829
fax 0207 218 2613
Position Tri Service Policy, Medals & Awards

Post Political Games? 
Quote:
Like I said before, the Conservative's are against all these Labour friendly veterans acts, and although the eight members of the HD committee are supposed to be non-political their actions were very anti labour Party. They know the government would get the blame if they threw a spanner in the works. Protecting the Honours system is a smokecreen. After all were was all this protecting the British honours system when they allowed vets to wear the Russian medal?

Politicans play for votes and a 20% SWING of two million veterans voting patterns from Labour to Tory is 400,000 votes. I am still convinced we are political pawns, and Harper's letter even convinced me further, when he stated the Shadow defence team supports the government in their refusal to allow veterans to wear the PJM medal. There is a dirty game going on.

I think...nay, I fear; that George has hit the proverbial nail upon it's proverbial head here...For some time I have been pondering the actions and changing reactions of the
Shadow Defence team...It is more than possible that we are 'being played'.

The Malay's have an expression that fits politicians most aptly..."Seperti gunting dalam lipatan"....Translated literally, 'Like scissors inside a fold'....meaning... ' Traitor' or 'Traitorous acts'.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next