Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
BBC news: Borneo vets fight to wear medal
Post BBC news 
George
This is all good news - 2 articles in the newspapers in Bonny Scotland and now a piece on BBC news. The Colonel in the KOSB's really sounds like one of the campaigners - do we know if he is registered? We could do with some of his comments.

Post BBC News 
I agree Gerry...all good stuff!....In re-reading the article published in the Record I got the distinct impression that some of the quotes were plucked direct from our (collective) letters on the website?...the choice of words was remarkably similar.

On the topic of the Record and with reference to my earlier post submitting a Letter to the Editor....just rec'd the following e-mail from Mark McGivern who wrote the article.

"Dear Jock,

Thanks for your email. I couldn't agree more.
I have forwarded your letter to the appropriate people.

Regards,

Mark."

It looks like this Government is shouting "MAYDAY" " MAYDAY" help what can we do to get out of this mess without loosing face.

Well here is the answer, announce it on the same day as one your ministers resigns.

If they do that we could have permission to wear the PJM by Friday.

This is fantastic stuff and demonstrates the support that is growing for the campaign. It also demonstrates the "born to rule" attitude that prevails amongst the Westminster administration and the lack of respect for veterans. Not surprising though among the those who have not done any military service and have never faced danger, apart from crossing the road maybe. This campaign has opened up a whole can of worms about those who are supposed to be leaders in the country and their attitude to fairness and equity. The sad thing is there doesn't appear to be much in the way of competition from the opposition. Gee, lifes good in sunny Queensland.

Ivor Rich
ex RN
Borneo/Malay veteran 63/65

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1