Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wearing of medals after leaving the Service
Well said George, I like the way you dissect their family jewels in a way that only you can! Cool

Post SERVICE MEDALS 
MATEY, ME FOR ONE THINKS YOUR FAR FROM DUMB, YOU HAVE AN ABILITY TO JUST SUM UP, AND POINT OUT , IN A FEW WORDS, WHAT WE KNOW AND SEE WITH , THE RAGING HYPOCRASY, ALL AROUND US. I'M GOBSMACKED, BY THE WHOLE THING,ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE M.O.D. APPARENTLY,NOTHING TO DO WITH THE F.C.O. ,APPARENTLY, MINISTERS OF THE CROWN , HAVE BECOME VICTIM'S OF THEIR OWN SMOKESCREEN AND GOBLEDEGOOK , IT JUST GOES ON ,ME THINKS WHAT MUST THE MALAYSIAN'S THINK OF US ALL? I THINK ONE OF THE BIGGEST SURPRISE'S FOR ME , WAS TO FIND THE PRIME EX- SERVICE ASSOCIATION, WAS AGAINST US GETTING THIS AWARD,MAYBE WHAT THE MALAYSIAN'S SHOULD HAVE DONE,WAS MAKE THIS A 'PAPER' AWARD, THEN WE TROT OFF TO AWARD PRODUCTION'S , PAY THEM MORE THAN A REPRO COSTS IN OZ OR NZ, SO THEY COULD DONATE MONEY TO THE BRITISH LEGION! WHAT ARE ALL THESE, PEOPLE ABOUT? THE WHOLE ISSUE SURROUNDING THIS PJM , WELL IT STINKS, AND I'M JUST GLAD WE ARE TOGETHER, ON POINTING OUT TO ALL THE SOD'S INVOLVED IN THIS SHAMBLES, YOU AIN'T PERFECT, SO GET A GRIP, TO BE HUMAN IS TO BE FALLABLE, JUST SAY "SORRY BERT" , AND MAKE IT UNRESTRICTED, LIKE THE SENSIBLE FOLK IN AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND DID,SO TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR, STUFF YOUR PSUEDO 'AWARDS', THE LEGION, WELL YOU'VE SEEN LAST OF ME,YOU ABOVE ALL ELSE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT, TO US,INSTEAD OF A JUDAS! IF ME AND MANY OTHERS COULD BUY MEDALS FOR THINGS 'WE' THOUGHT WE DESERVED, WERE WOULD WE BE? I, FOR ONE WHO TO 'PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM! WILL ONLY WEAR MEDALS GIVEN BY HEADS OF COUNTRIES, AND THAT BROTHERS,IS OUR 'G. S. M.' PLUS MALAY PENINSULAR & BORNEO CLASPS, FOR ME, AND PROUDLY ALONGSIDE MY PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA!AND NO ONE (REPEAT) HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE WE CAN'T,OUR MEDAL IS FREE, EXCEPT FOR THE COMRADES WE LEFT BEHIND,ONE MY OPPO'S HIS GRAVE IS A LAT & LONG ON A CHART, NO ROSES ON A SAILORS GRAVE! LET IT ROLL.BAD TYPISTS OF THE WORDL UNTIE!!

Post Discourteous to who, exactly? 
Let's get this whole subject into some sort of perspective.
1. A non-elected, unaccountable Qango advises Her Majesty that a large group of her loyal subjects who are veterans of a campaign in a far-off land can receive a medal from the grateful nation who very survival they helped to protect, but those veterans must not wear it. So who is being discourteous here? Not the Malaysians for they show gratitude and honour to the veterans, and also to HM by abiding by the rules of protocol in asking that their medal be accepted. It is the HD Committee who are being discourteous to the Malaysians and the veterans, and less than honest with Her Majesty.
2. A group of elected MP's, who are then appointed Ministers of the Crown, decide that they have no power over the aformentioned Qango and so will take no action against their invalid decision. The very position of any MP, even though he is a Minister, is that of a servant of the people. But they refuse to serve Her Majesty's people, and therefore they are being discourteous to Her Majesty.
3. Recent events have seen that the capability and morality of many Ministers of the Crown have fallen way below the expected level. The people who they are elected/appointed to serve are let down by their antics. They are being discourteous to the Electorate. We pay their salaries, which a far greater than anything we get paid, because we expect them to be of higher moral standards than the rest of us. So by their misbehavious they are being discourteous to the Electorate, and as we are Her Majesty's loyal subjects, they are being discourteous to Her Majesty.
4. A few years ago, at the opening of a Parliament, a Labour MP, during the swearing of the Oath, kept his fingers crossed behind his back while he made the necessary responses. This was the childish notion that if you crossed you fingers whilst swearing an oath or making a promise, then you could not be held by that promise. He was being discourteous to the Electorate but worse still to Her Majesty, in whose presence he was standing at the time.

And now some jumped up, self-seeking twerps who have, mostly not seen any military service, let alone active service have the audacity to claim that if I wear my hard-earned, honestly awarded PJM, I am being discourteous to Her Majesty, then I suggest that they reflect on their own shortcomings, of which there are many. I have now passed the point of being polite to this shower of has beens and never weres. Quite frankly, they can shove their protocol and their self-invented rules where the sun don't shine. I will now officially announce that I have opted out of any remaining vestige of trust or respect that I may have had for politicians and senior Uncivil Servants. From today, I live by my rules and morals. Just wait until I get angry, then you'll really see the sparks fly. Evil or Very Mad

And now some jumped up, self-seeking twerps who have, mostly not seen any military service, let alone active service have the audacity to claim that if I wear my hard-earned, honestly awarded PJM, I am being discourteous to Her Majesty, then I suggest that they reflect on their own shortcomings, of which there are many. I have now passed the point of being polite to this shower of has beens and never weres. Quite frankly, they can shove their protocol and their self-invented rules where the sun don't shine.

..................My sentiments entirely!

Quote:
Just wait until I get angry, then you'll really see the sparks fly.

Well Gerry....don't ever get so angry that you forget that you have comrades in this who are every bit as angry and determined as you...Be assured that (figuratively speaking) I'll be at your shoulder!

Personally I think they all sleep in the same bed as one another Wink

I really think that an unelected QUANGO regime has no place in our country and it is about time that these people were held accountable to the electorate. Gerry and Jock are correct in what they say, don't ever let me loose near these people because as sure as hell they would know that they had met me once Evil or Very Mad

Post OATHS. 
Her Majesty the Queen, at her coronation, swore an oath to her subjects. I cannot recall the actual words but she said she would ensure that we, the general public/her subjects would be dealt with under the law and given justice.

Members of Parliament swore an oath to Her Majesty the Queen and although I do not have details of their oath I would presume that it is in line with their Code of Conduct which charges them to remember their obligations to the house, their constituents and the public at large.

We all swore an oath to Our Queen when we wore the Queen's uniform and took the Queen's shilling.

Who the hell ever swore an oath to Members of Parliament or a government. No-one!!!

Her Majesty the Queen recognised the PJM by giving Royal Assent to Commonwealth Forces to accept and wear it. Why not us British Citzens?

We kept to our oath, fought the bastards and won but who is now looking after us. No-one. Not the Minister for Veterans, the Veterans Agency, or The Royal British Legion and certainly not the MOD or FCO.
Your Majesty, you have seen what this government is and you have seen what has been done to your loyal citizens. In the name of justice stop them and give us our well earned medal which we will wear pride. And when you are at it, Your Majesty, please do something about these people who call themselves Right Honourable when they are anything but.

Post Yessss!!! 
Nice one McDangle. There is more honour in a doggy doo doo than there is amongst this shower of hypocrites.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1