Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: PRESIDENT BLURRS STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS 
ro5=6372 wrote:
CAN I UNCROSS MY FINGERS NOW?

You certainly can! That is what the Therapy Centre is all about. It's either let off steam here or have a tap stuck in the top of your head.

Like you, I find it hard to separate my feeling of having been deeply wronged on the PJM issue from my instinct that all is not well in the matter of politics and integrity. Can't think why.

However, as we are apolitical on the PJM web site, and in any case we don't have the time to offer readers a balanced view of the other parties' shenanigans (they're all at it, if you'll pardon the expression), it is critical that we bite on the bullet and concentrate only on the PJM, leaving any other the politics out of it. And I know just how tough an assignment that is!

But talking of which ... where's me quill ... I've some lobbying to do ....

All the best, Barry

Post Re: PRESIDENT BLURRS STATE OF THE NATION ADDRESS 
[quote="BarryF"]
ro5=6372 wrote:
But talking of which ... where's me quill ... I've some lobbying to do ....

Pete,

In the middle of which I was (lobbying, I mean) when I heard the news about the three tossers in this government. I distinctly remember, more than 5 years ago (!), Two-Jag/Shag Prescott looking down his nose (at least that's what I think he was looking down) at the Tory 'members' (I choose my words carefully) who were playing away, saying that their crime was to have been caught out (i.e. at it) - thus they were seen to be incompetent as so should resign and be replaced by the pristine New Labour. Now where's your sword, Mr Prescott - cos you've just been ID'd as a two-faced adulterer who ... err ... got caught.

And the reason that I do not see this as unacceptable and inappropriate politicking on our pristine apolitical web site is that Prescott's transgressions (getting caught at it) is but trivial when one compares what has happened at the Home Office.

And what happened there and in the National Service are not points so much as pointers - pointers to the sort of incompetence that leads to decisions such as that on the PJM. Decisions that affect our lives and our rights.

If the tangerines (?) in the Home Office can get it so wrong - so can those in the MoD and FCO, led by the nose by their QUANGO, the unaccountable HD Committee.

I believe that people will now see that because the HD Committee or the MoD or the FCO say something, it doesn't mean it's true.

And when we oldies say something contrary to what they say, it doesn't mean that it's false.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have a PJMer watch my back, than any of those who daily are making decisions that affect our lives and remove our rights.

No more negative stuff, let's get back to our posts and get on with our just campaign.

Post Two Shags 
Yes Barry, we must not get led astray by thos Right Honourable Gentlemen who preach honour and integrity to us mere mortals. The fact that two shags punched a guy in the face in public, failed to pay his community tax, and now has been found out giving a secretary a good seeing to (he must have because every photo I have seen of her she is smiling broadly), is just parr for the course for our present government ministers who can do what they like, when they like, and to whom they like. I am told to-day that Tony Blair refused to see the relatives of those killed in Iraq when they demonstrated in London saying 'I will not be lobbied by anyone, no-one'. Even Dictator Tone thinks he is immune to all life's cares and woes so what chance for us against those who are following suit having been taught by the master.
Ah well, back to the serious business.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1