Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
HMG shame of STRATOCRACY.
Post Re: Veteran wearing three Russian medals. 
George F wrote:
I wonder would any member of the HD committee have the guts to tell him to take the two unopproved medals down?

They won't for a number of reasons - one being that if I am seeing the image correctly (and I can't take for granted nowadays), the Russian gongs are not 'in'line' ... or are they!!??

Sorry 'admin aka BarryF' ! I keep doing that ... nothing to do with the effects of anno domini, then!

Post Re: HMG shame of STRATOCRACY. 
George F wrote:
Surely the time has come to stop ignoring UK veterans human rights and principles and sort this out once and for all.

George, in that letter you posted, the Cabinet Office states categorically that they "do not consider there to be any further exceptional circumstances that would change this ruling".

Errr ... WRONG! Mr Brennan. Again.

The further exeptional circumstance that he is perfectly well aware of is that the HD Committee will be seen to have issued a recommendation, and to have advised the Queen, based upon a specious deceit. I choose my words carefully and soberly because the HD Committee were told by the MoD that double-medalling was a problem but we told them that that was not true. We are right. The Mod and HD Committee are wrong. So the recommendation is a deceit.

That is the exceptional circumstance, Mr Brennan.

Barry

Post Re: Veteran wearing three Russian medals. 
George F wrote:
Do you think they would have told the vet to remove them had they been in line?

I don't think so, George.

He's a civvy - and you know better than me that they have no power to police what civvies do - particularly if the said civvy is not comitting a crime or committing a tort.

He could have worn those gongs 'in line' if he'd wanted to.

Barry

What you say is absolutely true Barry...however to throw the argument on it's ear...those individuals associated with HD/ FCO/ RBL etc. who would forbid a civilian veteran from wearing such a medal, and in fact criticise and ridicule that civilian veteran for being so bold as to wear his decoration...are they not possibly guilty of committing a 'dignitary tort'?

Dignitary torts are torts that cause no tangible injury to a person or his property, but rather cause intangible harm to his reputation. These may include defamation, slander, libel, misappropriation of publicity, invasion of privacy, and disclosure.

Just a point to ponder for those that may be considering the potential of future demonstrations.

Should we send all HMG and the HD committee a copy of the "Protection from Harassment Act 1997" along with a copy of their offending made up rules?

YES, YES, YES.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1