Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Tony Davies a.k.a. Kentsboro

Post A Personal Note from Tony's MP 
I have just received this personal message from Caroline Nokes, Tony's MP:

"Dear Mr Fleming

Thank you for your recent email regarding the very sad death of Captain Davis. I corresponded with him many times with regard to the PJM, and always found him to be courteous and with a wealth of knowledge on the subject, about which he cared passionately.

It has been a real privilege to be contacted by so many of his friends sharing their recollections of Tony's commitment to the campaign.

Best wishes

Caroline Nokes"

==========

And so thank you to everyone who has contacted Caroline - it really does make a difference.

Tony will be very pleased.

Barry

Post Goodbye Kentsboro. 
Dear PJM comrades.

I have been having some problems with my in & out email boxes of late so this is a rather delayed SITREP from Carol, Tony's wife re his last day on parade, and I can only apologise for being several days en retarde in passing it on. Here is Carol's message to us all, and in particular all those who sent cards and messages of condolence to her and her family.

"Dear all thank you for your goodbyes to Tony. His funeral was attended by a large family, lots of friends and quite a few retired military personnel. Some were his students and gave their stories to the family of how he got them through their flying course after being taken on by him after failing with other instructors. As some went on to be Brigadiers and Lt Colonels I feel this was quite an honour for them to have been there for Tony.

Someone from the Army Air Corps phoned our daughter Suzanne without telling our son James and myself and organised a flypast over the wake which was held in Suzanne's garden. I had managed to get through the service with my head held high for him, but that did cause a few tears from most of us there. A fitting end to his life and career."

Carol.

Post Re: Goodbye Kentsboro. 
MB wrote:
Dear PJM comrades.

I have been having some problems with my in & out email boxes of late so this is a rather delayed SITREP from Carol, Tony's wife re his last day on parade

Mike,

Thanks very much for posting this message from Carol.

I, for one, will always remember Tony - our PJM fight and our work on his family history.

Barry

Thanks Barry and Mike for that information.

A Fly Past.............Tony would have loved that.

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2