Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Seeking anyone with 16 Field Ambulance connections
Post Seeking anyone with 16 Field Ambulance connections 
I am hoping to contact anyone who served in 16 (Commonwealth) Field Ambulance RAMC/RAAMC between October 1964 and March 1967.

I can remember some names and faces but cannot always match the up.

The CO was Lt Col Donald Smith, the MO was Maj James Stewart, MTO was Capt Smith RASC (then RCT) I can remember the re-badgeing parade on the MT park.

Of the lads there was Sgt Peter Darrington and Sgt Smith (Sukiyaki), ‘Nosher’ Wilson, ‘Weasel’ Davies and my late brother-in-law Bob ‘Geordie’ Brewis. Other names that spring to mind are ‘Ginger’ Knowles, Christopher ‘Daisy’ Root, the infamous, Tommy Irvine, Dave Turton, Keith Read, Johnny Jackett, Clem Persaud, Des Griffith, Leon Boudoin, Pierre Ferrari, Sonny Marlow, and two cooks Tony Farr and Yorky (Brett).

Of the Aussies in 3 Section: Capt Boyd, WO2 Kermond, Cpl Barossa, ‘Blue’ Choppin, ‘Moto’ LeGrand and ‘Bunny’ Bunn.

There was ‘Goldie’ in the NAAFI and Stephen the Milky (was it Magnolia or Frazer and Neeve?)

I would be happy to here from anyone who was there then and I apologise if I have spelled your name incorrectly.

Ernie Yeomans (then Pte HQ Section)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1