Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Cabinet letter
Post New Cabinet letter 

This is a letter received by my MP, David Mundell in answer to a letter I wrote asking for clarification on 'WHO' made the decision that the PJM could not be worn - certainly clears that up then?
You will see that they are now trotting out 'it would be unfair on other medals which were deemed not to be worn and we must be fair in our system' - the same guff given out by Mark Harper MP so this is where he must have got it. Of course, the original Honour and Integrity of awards that they turned out to begin with (by this same Eleri Pengelly) cannot be used now in light of the Cash for Honours investigation being made by the police so now it is 'it would be unfair to others'. They still haven't got it. How can the PJM be unfair to others. It is a unique award which has been awarded by the Queen to others in Australia and New Zealand, and NO OTHER AWARD is similar in any way.
It looks like they are now clutching at straws and will run out of excuses soon. If I was in their shoes I would stop digging and look for a way to get myself out of the hole ie. change the PJM to an unrestricted award. Are you listening, numpties?

Post Re: New Cabinet letter 
mcdangle wrote:
It looks like they are now clutching at straws and will run out of excuses soon. If I was in their shoes I would stop digging and look for a way to get myself out of the hole ie. change the PJM to an unrestricted award. Are you listening, numpties?

Andy,

Now they bring in the 'vigour and rigour' bit. Another total cock-up on the HD front and MoD front.

They are harking back to days of empire when you sent gunboats and canon to defeat an enemy by force. Ask the US - they now know different. They say that that is exactly NOT what how you do it. They use the Oil Spot Strategy to explain why. Can we send Ms Pengelly's explanation to George Bush and ask hin if he agrees that medals should only be worn after 30,000 people have lost their lives?

What crass stupidity by those who are in the medal recommendation process.

Do these numbskulls not understand that while the US was losing its war in Vietnam by trying and failing to blow away the opposition (and in so doing blew away their friends), we were winning our war on terror by taking the opposite approach. We won the hearts and minds campaign by not using force un less absolutely necessary to protect. The PJM should be worn to tell the Pengelly's of this world and the HD Committeees and the MoDs of this world how you win a war on terror.

If Vietnam vigour and rigour had been applied, SE Asia would now be a suburb of Shanghai.

When will they ever understand what we did?

Barry

Post Re: New Cabinet letter 
BarryF wrote:
Now they bring in the 'vigour and rigour' bit. Another total cock-up on the HD front and MoD front.

They are harking back to days of empire when you sent gunboats and canon to defeat an enemy by force. Ask the US - they now know different. They say that that is exactly NOT what how you do it. They use the Oil Spot Strategy to explain why. Can we send Ms Pengelly's explanation to George Bush and ask hin if he agrees that medals should only be worn after 30,000 people have lost their lives?

From now on they are, for me, the H.E. Committee!

I think their case has just Exploded in their faces.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1