Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
TV Documentary - The Emergency
Post TV Documentary - The Emergency 
In mid November 2009, I was approached by Malaysian film /documentary making company. who are making a documentary about the emergency. After exchanging a number of emails with the company and them telephoning me a few times, a date was arranged for a team from the company to interview/film me at our home.
Two weeks ago tomorrow ( Friday 12th March ) a team of three Malaysians with a load of camera /recording equipment arrived. Where after introduction and many laughs , they turned our living room into a film studio . After I was interviewed/filmed, they recorded photographs of a number of my photographs ,documents, operation maps etc . I then had them to take a photograph of the PJM ,whereon I explained to them about the none wearing issue, and asked if they would bring the subject up in the documentary. They told me ,that at this stage of the production they could not guarantee to fit it, but would try their best to do so , of which I'm sure they meant it.

Roy.

Post TV Documentary 
Is it just coincidence or good luck on your part, I shall be lookin forward to viewing the documentary on the emergency I served a little later in Malayasia than yourself completing 2 tours of Borneo. I'm sure the film crewe will honour your request re the non wear of the PJM. In your capacity if you hear of any presentations of the PJM in the West Midlands please let me know. I'm still waiting in hope it will arrive someday.

Mel.

Post TV Documentary 
Further my post of yesterday.
The company are hopeing to have the documentary ready in time to coincide with the fiftieth anniversary of the ending of the emergency. It makes one wonder why the Malaysians are makeing a documentery about the fiftieth anniversary ,yet no British TV making documentary company are.
The Malaysian film crew, kindly showed me some unedited footage of the documentary of where they were interviewing Ching Peng 'OBE ' and Che Dat (CD ) Abdullah, who was the Malaysian member of the MCP Politburo during the emergency. The interview/filming took place in southern Thailand, in the village were the remnants of the MRLA and the Politburo now live. In the film with subtitles ,Chin Peng claims that the British fired the first shots of the emergency. It's a well known fact that the ruthless killing of the three rubber planters by the CTs in Sungai Siput area of Perak started the emergency,of which Chin Peng himself , the liar knows only too well. During the interview I was asked what did I think about Chin Peng wanting to be buried in Sittiawan the place he was borne in Malaysia. But with this forum being a family one and it's before the 22 00hrs watershed !I think it's only right of me not say what my answer was.
With regards to CD Abdullah, he on Ching Pengs advice /orders ,organised the raising of the 10th Regiment MRLA which consisted of all Malays , mostly recruited from Pahang. The 10ths area was east Pahang Kuantan ,but after a few set backs and being poorly led , the rigemt was disbanded

Roy

Post TV Documentary 
Watershed / Family Forum or not Roy, I feel quite sure that your reply will be fully understood by all legitimate readers of this Forum.

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.
Post TV Documentary 
John.
The main raft of my 'polite ' answer when asked .What were my thoughts of Chin Peng wanting to be buried in Malaysia, the country where he was borne ? My reply, sprinkled with few cutting hard hitting words words, which will most likely be edited out. Was through him Chin Peng , over five hundred British service men plus Fijians, Gurkhas , East African, Australians, NZs along with Brit Police officers , and Planters killed by his men , had no say in the matter of where they wished to be laid at rest ,and now lie buried in Malaysia, thousands of miles away from their home land. So why should he, the man resposible for this expect to be treated differently. I hope Chin Peng the ********* gets the message.
For some reason, although a Malaysian company was making the documentary , I at first thought it was for Malaysian /Britsh TV (ITV, BBC ) audience , instead it being shown on the Sky History channel.
Thanks
Roy.

Post Re: TV Documentary 
Follows wrote:
John.
The main raft of my 'polite ' answer when asked .What were my thoughts of Chin Peng wanting to be buried in Malaysia, the country where he was borne ? My reply, sprinkled with few cutting hard hitting words words, which will most likely be edited out. Was through him Chin Peng , over five hundred British service men plus Fijians, Gurkhas , East African, Australians, NZs along with Brit Police officers , and Planters killed by his men , had no say in the matter of where they wished to be laid at rest ,and now lie buried in Malaysia, thousands of miles away from their home land. So why should he, the man resposible for this expect to be treated differently. I hope Chin Peng the ********* gets the message.
For some reason, although a Malaysian company was making the documentary , I at first thought it was for Malaysian /Britsh TV (ITV, BBC ) audience , instead it being shown on the Sky History channel.
Thanks
Roy.

Roy,

Perhaps you should have said you agree with Chin Peng being buried in Malaysia, provided it is right now!!! Andy.

Post Re TV Documentary. 
Thanks for that superb repy, Roy. You spoke for all us old fogies...and those who were denied the pleasure of becoming old.

Mike.

Post TV Documentary 
mcdangle wrote.
Roy.' Perhaps you should have said. I agree with Chin Peng being buried in Malaysia ,provided it's right now.' Andy.

Andy. I wished I'd thought of that ,and go along with the idea, but only if I could choose his burial site, of which I know of a number of appropriate places. Places of which most of us are only too familiar with.
Roy.

Post TV Documentary 
Mike
Thanks for that .
The TV crew told me they had interviewed people in Australia one being Leo Comber a senior Special Branch man in JB and other places in Malaysia. I did not know L Comber, having only met him along with his wife briefly on one occasion.His wife Han Sue Hin(spelling) was a Doctor at JB hostpital but is far better known for being authoress - a renowed one. You may recall the film (1955 ish) staring William Holden, titled 'Love is a many Splendoured thing.' which the music from it, you still hear played to day . The film was based on one of Han Sue Hins books tiitled. 'A many splendoured thing.'
Just think if you did not know that ,life would not be worth living !

Roy

Post Re TV Documentary- The Emergency 
I've recently been informed , that the debut of the documentary will be screened by Astro Malaysian Cable TV, on August 15th, but so far I do not know when it will be shown in the Uk.

Roy.
Malay/ Malaysian Police.

Roy, any idea which channel will be showing the documentary? I'll try to look out for it. Haven't got any means of recording it though unfortunately.

Post TV Documentary 
Laurie.
Other than for the documentary being shown on Astro Malaysian Cable TV , I've no idea on which channel .The documentary was made by Novista, a Malaysian company, which their web site and telephone number you'll find below .
www.novista tv tel 603 26945501.

Sorry I can't be more helpful
Thanks
Roy.

Novista was a company that I was asked to contact earlier in the year re the Emergency period. I sent several emails to one of their producers as well as passing on my mobile number. Never heard from them though.

The programme might be on the History Channel here. I will check through the schedules a little nearer the 15th and see what I can find out.

Roy, the programme is being shown on the History Channel here at 8.00pm local time (1pm BST) this evening. Not sure if the History channel is broadcast worldwide so not sure if anyone in the UK can view it.

Next week, same time same channel, is a programme on VAT69. Will keep an eye open for that as well.

This is no substitute for the genuine documentary, but it may bring memories back for those who were involved in this conflict.

Malayan emergency

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-VKMRAo30

Malaya patrol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX9nsUOMGiE&feature=related

and finally...................

Malaysia: Kuala Medang, Pahang, fighting,1952..............

Scenes of the jungle fight against terrorism in which British, Australian and Malayan troops took part. Royal Navy helicopters transported personnel and wounded soldiers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLY54ytXfss&feature=related

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next