Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Chelsea Pensioners
Post Chelsea Pensioners 
Just caught the last part of an interview on 9 am news BBC with an in house pensioner regarding the conditions that prevail in this modern world of caring for the elderly who have served.

The Gentleman being intervied was resplendant in Scarlet tunic and cocked hat and sporting 3 medals court mounted , the first one was a GSM with 2 bars Now guess which was the 3rd one ?.

Yes correct a PJM !! AND DIDNT HE LOOK "BRAW"

Keep up the good work and keep wearing with Pride.

Regards to all,

Cameron.

Post Chelsea Pensioners 
Saw the whole interview and I saw at least three PJM's worn by the "boys".

They can expect the HD Committee Police at any moment. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kuching.
Post Re: Chelsea Pensioners 
Semengo13 wrote:
Saw the whole interview and I saw at least three PJM's worn by the "boys".

They can expect the HD Committee Police at any moment. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I doubt it. Any action likely to provoke a Court appearance of CP's, or others is without doubt the last thing that the HD Committee and/or their advisers (same blokes) would wish. It would I'm sure, result in a public outcry (it still might) which would really put them on the spot.

If the Coalition Government, particularly the Conservative element, stop asking them, the Civil Servants (we know who they are) to advise the Ministers involved with their corrupt version that what happened is correct, and listen to the varuious arguments in the House, it is not unlikely that we should should win our case, and the various departments involved and those both serving ands retired participants in the farce brought to book.

It would be nice to think that the Ceremonial sections of the Cabinet Office, Mod, Home Office and the Foreign Office were disbanded and the whole Ceremonial function united, with a diminished staff, became a separate department with its own Minister who would be the executive Chairman, with direct access to HM with his recommendations in terms of policy, and a Committee of MP's with the Civil Servants acting on the advice of the MP's regarding what awards were to be made and to whom and would include the awards made to civil servants with stricter paramamiters for such awards ,and not the other way around.

ITS ALL OK,for the old squaddies, but were do we old matelots go Question Last i heard,was that we get reincarnated as a Albatross,an have to patrol the ARTIC Shocked

ITS ALL OK,for the old squaddies, but were do we old matelots go Question ...
I understand the traditional arrangement is with H.M. Prisons. No, no, what an unkind thing to say! Surely some appropriate accommodations and care are available? The days of Good Queen Bess when they were simply discarded once the armada no longer threatened are long gone.

Post Quangos/Committees 
Quote:
. . . . . They can expect the HD Committee Police at any moment.

Interesting John. Does anyone else think the HDC's time is nearing its end ?

Extract from today's Telegraph - excellent last paragraph . . . . . Their modus operandi is to self-perpetuate by imposing onerous new obligations that they can then "police". It is time to call a halt. In these harsh economic times, every quango should be made to reapply for its job, to justify its existence afresh. They must make a convincing case for their continued existence and if they cannot, they should be Pickled.

See - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/7960653/Lets-Pickle-a-few-more-costly-commissions.html

. . . . . They can expect the HD Committee Police at any moment.

Interesting John. Does anyone else think the HDC's time is nearing its end ?

Extract from today's Telegraph - excellent last paragraph . . . . . Their modus operandi is to self-perpetuate by imposing onerous new obligations that they can then "police". It is time to call a halt. In these harsh economic times, every quango should be made to reapply for its job, to justify its existence afresh. They must make a convincing case for their continued existence and if they cannot, they should be Pickled.

See - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/7960653/Lets-Pickle-a-few-more-costly-commissions.html

I think it is looking good Tony. I expect they are already hiding the plants, oil paintings and expensive carpets and those infamous £1000 + desk chairs.
Methinks the cold chill of Winter is starting to blow down Mandarin Terrace.

But such deprivation for these "Pillocks", (sorry typo error) "alleged pillars" of Whitehall makes me feel very sad. Sad Sad Sad

Sad it didn't happen to them a long long time ago. Bring forth the winds of change.

As we have constantly told them during the life of this campaign, we are here to the finish.

Interestingly, the National Defence Medal campaign that has been going on for a year or two are just as hacked off as we are. Reading their lengthy submission of 2009 in support of their claim gives one a great sense of Deja Vue.

Regards,

John

Kuching.
Reading their lengthy submission of 2009 in support of their claim gives one a great sense of Deja Vue.

It does indeed, John.

The only difference between us and the other campaign is that the F4 is not seeking a medal. We are seeking the same rights from The Queen that She has given to our Commonwealth colleagues to wear the same medal for the same service - a medal we did not seek but one that She has approved for acceptance by Brits (and, under Her 1968 proclamation, authorised by Her for wear on formal occasions).

(I know you know all that, but I used these posts as an excuse to underline the hypocrisy in the British Honours system!)

And to underline why there is a 5 year rule – the participants to this crass stupidity can’t even remember back to 1968. What chance is there that they can remember the events before that, between 1957 and 1967? None.

And that is why the Coalition have formally undertaken to review the shadowy system in which these people operate – the HD’s days are truly numbered.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone for sticking to this fight. There is a lot going on behind the scenes from constant lobbying to trying to get a medal to a man who has just a few days to do. We’ll cancel some day job stuff to make sure he gets his PJM – and wears it!

Sod the suits. This man has earned his PJM, and the support that has enabled this web site and campaign to continue for 5 years will ensure he is finally demobbed with full honours on display.

With humble thanks,

Barry.

More on Chelsea Pensioners at: http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18329#18329.

Barry

Quote "trying to get a medal to a man who has just a few days to do. We’ll cancel some day job stuff to make sure he gets his PJM – and wears it!

Sod the suits. This man has earned his PJM, and the support that has enabled this web site and campaign to continue for 5 years will ensure he is finally demobbed with full honours on display"

And that is what it is really about Barry. Comradeship and integrity. Words the HD and their ilk would not understand. Really hope our friend gets his PJM in time which I am sure you will achieve.

Thanks for all the work that the Committee do on our behalf.

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.
Post Moved to Public Forum 
I think Cameron's post should be read by everyone and so have moved it to the public area of our web site where you can read the post and all the replies here:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2238

Thanks, Barry

Post Chelsea Pensioners 
Thanks for your careful editing Barry,I was not sure initially what heading the subject would come under .

Just an aside The Edinburgh Tattoo is being shown on BBC this Sunday evenng, what I think in the south is called Whitsun week-end.

See if we can spot any P.J.M.ers there.!!

Thanks once more.

Cameron.

ITV 1 this evening:- The Alan Titchmarsh Show .

Seven Chelsea Pensioners on the show (about 1745hrs).

One of them, A Cpl wearing his PJM. Well done that man.

Sorry cannot find a link nor pic to put on post.

Phredd

You can see two PJMs on parade here:

http://www.chelsea-pensioners.co.uk/men-in-scarlet

Barry

Hi Phredd,

You can see two PJMs on parade here:

http://www.chelsea-pensioners.co.uk/men-in-scarlet

Barry

Barry :- Thanks for that.

Will now put that CD on my Christmas list of wants.

Phredd

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1