Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ministers who have signed EDM's
Soldiers in all kinds of "boxes" Andy. But its the label on the box that tells of its contents....and the soldier of old is only as good to us as the guts he has nowadays.....if you get my drift.

...I am about to write to this Veterans Minister from Australia, advising him that I believe him to be a weak and pathetic individual with absolutely no integrity. Before I do, I would like to know if anyone else has written to him or plans to write to him accordingly and whether it is considered that a lone voice from Australia will have any impact? Peter.

...I am about to write to this Veterans Minister from Australia, advising him that I believe him to be a weak and pathetic individual with absolutely no integrity. Before I do, I would like to know if anyone else has written to him or plans to write to him accordingly and whether it is considered that a lone voice from Australia will have any impact? Peter.

Peter,

I have already written to my MP - Rt Hon David Mundell MP - and expressed my dismay at his attitude and in particular his disparaging personal remarks about me which were completely unnecessary as the original letter to him was copied to the Foreign Secretary and was not sent to him personally. We have yet to receive a reply.

I believe your letter to him may fall on deaf ears. Might be better to send it to The Defence Secretary, Rt Hon Dr Liam Fox MP. who after all is interested in veteran affairs and has shown some sympathy and understanding towards us and our campaign in the past.

Andy.

All voices are important, Peter.

When writing I would not attack him personally - he is just signing letters written by his civil servants. I would certainly point out that all previous Veterans Ministers have been supportive of our fight for justice - as is his party and parliament. The civil servants drafting his letters have their own agenda and we hope he will give us a fair hearing (unadulterated by their misinformation) and not simply resort to the easy way out of a fight for 35,000 veterans. The MoD were part of this PJM debacle (it was a three-department recommendation), and they cannot pass the buck when they are being asked for help.

Remind him that the MoD were against the PJM primarily because they didn't want the expense of checking records and posting medals. Now ex-servicemen and women are taking on that work at their own expense, and have done for over 4 years, the MoD can’t use that argument anymore.

Remind him of the Coalitions solemn promise to review matters.

Barry

Minister for International Security Strategy (MISS). Rolling Eyes

Having been given to understand that the PJM is "not up to standard" [of British Medals] by the civil servants they may perhaps now posit Idea that it is a danger to Security on the assumption that it might be impregnated with an hallucinatory substance, dormant within the medal, and activated some time by the pressing of a button in Kuala Lumpar which will, if worn, turn all the recipients in to rampant terrorists.

Paranoia has featured predominately throughout the last five years, and is apparently as strong as ever, in the civil service camp. The fear that the truth regarding many of the Senior players now retired some with OBEs, some elevated to the House of Lords; others to the Lords Kingdom and some still serving may eventually come forth, explains the continued issuing of lies and bullshit* to unwary or naive Ministers and MPs notwithstanding that when said Ministers, in our experience, are sacked or promoted sideways, the realisation that they have been used comes as a bolt of lightning, equally matching and as well publicised as that of Paul's vision on the Road to Damascus.

*Bullshit/bullshitter.

I use this word without *. Below is a paragraph taken from a Civil Service Training aid. Bullshit is permissible to use!

"Moving beyond science and statistics, you must remember that it is unfortunately in the nature of our Society [Democracy?] that most correspondents, and most people that we will meet, will present a one-sided view of an issue, drawing attention to all the relevant facts and arguments which support their case but failing, either deliberately or through sheer conviction, to take account of inconvenient facts or opposing arguments [the prerogative of the Civil Service]. But as you gain experience, you will quickly learn to detect the pure advocate or bullshitter". I notice that they don't advise their candidates that they have the facility to rewrite the ruiles and implement them retrospectively, which must be a bonus for the candidates!

It is without doubt, quite evident that the training manual is totally at odds with the Civil Service Code of Conduct!

As always you find the mots justes to describe the antics of those trying to defend the indefensible.

What puzzles me is how so many tits in the civil service 'world' get promoted beyond their competence only to be demobbed with honours (and an index-linked pension that we are subbing)! One became so Edgey after receiving three FoIA requests from me that he did a midnight runner and no doubt got lost only to wake up to his very own Road to Damascus Moment when realising just how much he had achieved in the furtherance of the destruction of faith in democracy and monarchy in this country.

But Phoney didn't get a gong and he and his missus will be well miffed about that. And a certain Brengun is struggling to get his name before the HD Committee in time before they are disbanded! (That last bit is entirely hearsay - but, like the suits, why should I have any regard for the facts).

All the best,

Barry

Well said, David.

As always you find the mots justes to describe the antics of those trying to defend the indefensible.

What puzzles me is how so many tits in the civil service 'world' get promoted beyond their competence only to be demobbed with honours (and an index-linked pension that we are subbing)! One became so Edgey after receiving three FoIA requests from me that he did a midnight runner and no doubt got lost only to wake up to his very own Road to Damascus Moment when realising just how much he had achieved in the furtherance of the destruction of faith in democracy and monarchy in this country.

But Phoney didn't get a gong and he and his missus will be well miffed about that. And a certain Brengun is struggling to get his name before the HD Committee in time before they are disbanded! (That last bit is entirely hearsay - but, like the suits, why should I have any regard for the facts).

All the best,

Barry

. The philosophy in the c/s is to promote to the next level of incompetance. they also have a secret store somewhere filled with unopened boxes of wan...s ready for the next promotion board.
the cream is the thickest part of the milk

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2