Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Memories Page! The Air Min Met Office!
Post New Memories Page! The Air Min Met Office! 
I wonder how many of us were aware of what some of the civilian contingent got up to in Malaysia and Borneo. All beer 'n' skittles? Tiffin 'n' stingahs? If that was your lasting impression, read on ...

Bill Young wrote to us about his experiences in the Far East as a civilian working for the Air Ministry Met Office. Civilian? He has redefined the term for me. Having been dependent upon accurate weather forecasts while out there, I was immediately gripped by his story. He told me he was a civilian member of the Air Ministry Meteorological Office and one of the first members of a unit later identified as the R.A.F. Mobile Meteorological Unit (MMU). The MoD didn't publicize their existence until about 30 years later when they printed an article in the MoD PE newspaper.

Well, we've gone public and have published Bill's piccies and text. I know they will bring back many memories to many PJMers, particularly those with experience of flying over the jungle areas. So put the kettle on (or pop a cork) and visit http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_met_office.htm.

Post Highly recommended 
Excellent new Memories page. Those images bring back many memories of my time in Borneo and the text is very interesting. A great read and highly recommended. Thanks to Bill Young. Kev

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1