Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wikipedia
Post Wikipedia 
Wikipedia updated their page on the PJM on 4/4/2010.

You can see it at - www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pingat_Jasa_Malaysia

I particularly like the sentence which goes - To date the decision not to allow the medal to be worn still stands (But cannot be enforced in law as the decision is flawed).

Am I wrong in thinking that if those in the civil service who have delusions of competence make flawed decisions to our Queen it is the duty of our elected representatives to rectify these erroneous decisions. However, if the flawed decision is done deliberately by deceit then presumably this is a more serious matter when it involves Her Majesty.

The External Links also give a good piece about the fight4thepjm.

I noticed that it said "in 2005 the......."; was it not July 2004 that the British Govt was first approached re the PJM in a letter signed by a Malaysian Colonel of the Malaysian Defence Staff? "2005" is the CS's fairy tale!

Regards,

David

Andy,

I noticed that it said "in 2005 the......."; was it not July 2004 that the British Govt was first approached re the PJM in a letter signed by a Malaysian Colonel of the Malaysian Defence Staff? "2005" is the CS's fairy tale!

Regards,

David

In November, 2004, the Malaysians reported in the NST that they were awarding the PJM to the Australians and others. In March, 2005, they made the first approach to the British government to award the PJM to British veterans. You will recall that on 11th January, 2005, Baroness Symonds of whatsitsname said in the House of Lords that British citizens would not be permitted to accept the PJM but 'no approach had been made offering it' or words to that effect.

Andy.

The letter to which I refer is from the Office of the Defence Adviser, Colonel Abdulla Yatim, dated 26th July 04, Reference PP/A1108 which confirms the Malaysian Award of the PJM; "it is up to the individual governments of those countries.....................etc.

In response to a question tabled in the House of Lords in December 2004 by Lord Chadlington [HL582}, Baroness Symonds on behalf of the British Government and the advice of those who constitute the HD Cttee rejected the award of the PJM on the 11th January 2005. In March 2005, the Malaysian Government AGAIN approached the FCO.

Since Lord Chadlington tabled his question in December 2004 it does seem that the PJM issue was known in Whitehall & Westminster, albeit perhaps not widely, some time before the question was asked.

I concede that this letter is addressed to a Mr Peter with no indication of whom he might be; perhaps no connection with the British Govenment, on the other hand where did Lord Chadlington get his information from, which he might have had for some little time?

I would be (still am) interested to have had site of the uncensored version to Lt Col ?????????which R.T. Coney had heavily censored before he took copies
and which was endorsed "View image: coney to aa on condition that 300506 v"jpg; moreover the actual reference details are also deleted.

You can bet your life that it would not be available under the FIA, and the chances are, by now, its gone for burning or shredding. There can be few who do not consider that the censoring gives more away than it hides.

Best wishes,

David

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1