Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Code Breakers
Post Code Breakers 
My email to Denis Brennan of the Cabinet Office.

Denis,
I see that code breakers from the 2nd World War are to be honoured; now I’m not complaining about this and one does wonder why they were not honoured at the time but then it is difficult to put yourself in a position some 60 odd years ago. Which brings me to the five year rule, how does this award differ in respect of this five year rule?
I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply.
Kind regards
Paul

You might like to email Denis with a question
Denis.Brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

Paul I have just got a reply to my question:

Mr Denis Brennan
I see that code breakers from the 2nd World War are to be honoured; now I’m not complaining about this and one does wonder why they were not honoured at the time but then it is difficult to put yourself in a position some 60 odd years ago. Which brings me to the five year rule, how does this award differ in respect of this five year rule against the Pingat Jasa Malaysia award
I thank you for your time and look forward to your speedy reply.
Kind regards
D Birchall Holder of the PJM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the reply is as follows:
Dear Mr Birchall,

I am replying to your e-mail below about the 5 year rule. The award recently announced for those who worked at Bletchley Park is for a commemorative badge, and not a medal. The Bletchley Park badge is not part of the UK honours system and thus the 5 year rule does not apply. The Pingat Jasa Malaysia is, of course, part of the UK honours system. That is the difference

I hope this clarifies the position.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Rogers
Cabinet Office
Honours and Appointments Secretariat
Admiralty arch South
London SW1A 2WH

Correct if I am wrong but I thought that the PJM was a foreign award?

Thank you for posting the reply to your letter. Nothing much can be said about the main content, but am I alone in thinking that Mr Rogers' post-script reads as though written by a man with a bad smell under his nose and a sneer intended? Is there not a difference between a foreign country and a Commonwealth country for which so many of our comrades laid down their lives?

You will note that the PJM is not mentioned in the question BUT turns up in the answer!!!

Post GARY ROGERS 
If the PJM is part of the UK Honours system, them surely by dint of reason, we are allowed to wear it unrestricted, then again, perhaps he has no idea who actually awarded it, and to whom, or has Mr Rodgers totally lost the plot.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

You will note that the PJM is not mentioned in the question BUT turns up in the answer!!!

Yerrrrrs .... they cocked that up and have inadvertently shown their total preoccupation with the PJM! Well done, for pointing that out to them, Paul!

Of course, they will never be allowed to forget the Malaysian medal. We see to that every day. Andthat's down to the brilliant lobbying by yopu and our supporters.

Speaking of which ... it's great to see Arthur back in the loop. What about some of those OTHER GREAT SUPPORTERS WHO USED TO POST EXCELLENT, and always provocative (and typically hilarious) messages? I hope they haven't faded away ...

Post Gary Rogers 
Yeah! I used to watch his grandfather, ROY ROGERS, on the telly as a boy. It seems that cowboys really do run in the family.

Yes I'm back with a vengeance!

This yoyo has no idea what he has let himself in for.

Yours Aye

Arthur

You get the gun and I’ll pull the Trigger.

Sorry couldn’t resist that one.
Paul

Post TRIGGER 
Hi Paul,

Had a good chuckle at that one.

Keep up the good work

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1