Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Prospective Candidate
Post Prospective Candidate 
I live in what can only be described as a safe Labour seat and every voter in this constituency has been contacted by letter by the prospective Conservative candidate.
Now I have taken the opportunity to ask him if elected will he support our campaign if he answers yes and is elected I will hold him to his promise.

May I suggest that if any of you are contacted by a prospective candidate of any party you ask them the same question you could also point them in the direction of our web page.

Post Petition. 
Better still, Paul and everyone, why not sign the e-petition on the Prime Minister's website at Number10.gov.uk which states that the Prime Minister should resign.

Now is your chance to show this administration what you think of their lies, cheating and spin; their disgraceful and dishonourable treatment of the Gurkhas; their shameful treatment of Malayasia/Borneo veterans and the destruction of our country under this arch incompetent, Gordon 'calamity' Brown. Perhaps we could go for the double and throw in Chris Woolyass also.

Sorry Barry, there is a time when politics shows its ugly face and we cannot ignore it.

Not Political my friends, just an expression of disgust at this unelected PM and his unelected co conspiritors of the HD committee.

And mostly on behalf of our honourable, loyal and brave Ghurka friends.

Correction : Not done as I cannot find it. Censored?

But I did sign this one whilst I was there. Very Happy

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/justice4gurkhas/

Kuching.
Also done, MacDangle, following in the same footsteps and experience as Semengo 13. It would seem wee Gordon canna tak the flak onymair.

Also done! It is an absolute disgrace the way these brave and loyal chaps are being treated.

Petition signed, but remember this thread was started so that you could all contact your prospective candidates and ask them to support us.
Get a promise from them before the election then remind them if elected.

Hoping to be at a Civic Reception in June at Halton BC, Widnes.

I intend to have a word with both my MP Mike Hall and Derek Twigg.

Hopefully at the same time I might be able to ask some future MPs (in waiting) to do the correct thing and support us.

Phredd

This is the link to the please resign Mr. Broon page

John

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

Thanks for the link John, I was unable to find it and my paranoia started twitching.Embarassed

Regards,

John

Kuching.
It was a privilege to sign such an important petition.
Done

Phredd

Post "Treat the cause, not the symptoms" 
Twisted Evil

Frankly, I haven't signed the "resign Mr Brown" petition. Another New Labour PM is just as likely "to be a rose by any other name".

Can you imagine one of the following as Mr Brown's successors Mrs Beckett, Jacqui Smith, Alistair Darling and many of the other "Brownite" possibles. Our ex-Minister and other Backbench supporters such as my own MP who have given unstinting support to our cause will be the victims of this "not listening" Mr Brown and his cohorts.

Is it cowardice Mr Brown, not to insist that the Civil Service should be accountable and to assist rather than control (or "treat as a prisoner") those MPs appointed as a Minister to the various Departments of State; the "it is Departmental Policy, Minister" culture?

I would rather see a complete change.

I think that the resignation of Broon is more likely than not to spark a general election!!!

John

Brown resigning? I think we shall find that our listening PM has suddenly become proufoundly deaf!

Anyway, whatever it takes is good.

David

I fear that you are probably right David but I think that the time has come for good men to stand their ground

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next