Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Cabinet Secretary.
Post Cabinet Secretary. 
Apparently, on 27th. April, 2009, the Conservative Women's Organisation held a meeting at which John Major (ex-Prime Minister) told the ladies that last year he put in a complaint to the Cabinet Secretary, Gus O'Donnell (aka Sir Augustine Thomas O'Donnell) about the activities of Damian McBride - special adviser to the PM who resigned recently in connection with emails from No. 10 which discussed alleged untrue smears against Tory politicians.
The report goes on to say that 'the truth is that Gus O'Donnell is seen by many senior Tories as an integral part of team Brown. They no longer have respect for him as an impartial civil servant and he is unlikely to survive the coming regime change'.

Sir Augustine Thomas O'Donnell (who likes to be known as Gus O'Donnell presumably because of what the initials infer) is the Chairman of the HD Committee who advises The Queen on awards, honours and decorations and no doubt submitted the report that the PJM could be accepted but not (allegedly) worn. If, as the report suggests, he is held in low esteem by politicians because of his apparent political leanings towards the present government and his impartiality is in question in some quarters then it is little wonder that the fight4thepjm cannot obtain justice and understanding of the wrong brought upon this honourable PJM medal by the present committee on the grant of awards, honours and decorations.

Perhaps the coming stated 'regime change' will permit the PJM campaign to obtain a fair and just hearing, and we will all be given the honourable and justifiable right to wear it without restriction, as decreed by HM The Queen in the London Gazette of 3rd. May, 1968.

Thanks for that encouraging piece of news, McDangle. Roll on the 'regime change' and let our Queen's will be done at last.

Post Technical info 
Deleted

Last edited by GLOman on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Point taken, GLOman. Although, do I detect that having fought our fight for almost as long as it took to win WW2, you are beginning to doubt the integrity of our leaders and their supposed Civil Servants? If so follow this with the same post and and at least show the leaders and lapdogs that everything should be sent out in triplicate, 'Army fashion,' so that other departments also know what is going on.

Post Technical Info 
Embarassed

Actually, Mike, I put it in the wrong slot; It should be under MPs, Your MP and Parliament where it is now. Mind you having lost a vote in the Commons regarding the Gurkhas, Gordon "Calamity" Brown (Thanks McD) has shown the same intransigence as Cabinet Office, No 10 and all of the rest of the "Nodders" and is still trying to tough out the Home Office's cycnical "review" in spite of the vote.

Doubted their integrity? Since I didn't believe "they" had integrity, honesty or the will to say sorry to start with, doubt was never a consideration for me. I was pleased to see that the New Labour "Nodders" didn't carry the day, but I bet there weren't many, if any, pro-Gurkha votes from the Labour Front Bench.

If the cost is the problem, much saving could be made in reducing or stopping the outrageous sums claimed by MPs, by ending bonuses to civil servants, reducing the several different Ceremonial Departments into one separate department, overseen by its own Minister, and any Committee chaired by an undoubtedly independent Chairman - not a civil servant or a Palace Official- which subsequently makes their recommendations to Parliament who in turn refer these recommendation to Her Majesty for the sign manual rather than a 'note' to a Foreign Secretary from a Palace Official.

Triplicate? probably quadruplicate/quintuple copies by now! I'm sure you remember the early days when a Department didn't know what the other Departments were saying/writing and making broadly different definitions on the rules, until taken in hand, first by Honours 1, and when he got "red-carded" by his boss, orchestrated by the Maestro of the Ceremonial Office at No. 10.

Ah well.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1