Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Report Discrimination!
Post Report Discrimination! 
This is an important weekend for this country - and especially important to ex-servicemen and women. On Sunday, men and women will parade in order to remember the sacrifices of others from all sides.

When on parade, medals will be worn - including the PJM. We have heard that some parade marshals have told PJMers that they cannot wear their PJM. If that happens to you, in public, please send details to us.

Discrimination in any part of our lives is unacceptable and it has to be challenged and corrected.

Remember our Legal Eagle's view about your statutory and non-statutory rights to wear your Pingat Jasa Malysia. You can read it here: http://www.fight4thepjm.org.

Barry

PS - Do remind any Royal British Legion marshals that the RBL in England, NI and Wales, and in Scotland, formally backs the award of the PJM and has voted unanimously to lobby the Government.

Post Discrimination 
It is my intention to attend the Rememberance Parade in Southampton on Sunday - watch this space ! I will try and maintain the dignity of the occasion by not belittling anyone who may have the gall to address me in public on the subject of the PJM, but politley invite him/her for a quiet chat once it's all over. How dare they !!

I took this photo on Wednesday, my wife laid the Poppy on the 12" Fungi to compare the size, ITV News Anglia asked for some Autumnal photos, I thought this poignant, they showed it at 1830hrs this evening............

Lest we forget.............

I attended a Service of Remembrance at Gateshead on 6 Nov and saw at least a dozen PJM medals being worn along side issued medals, this event was run by the RBL.
A great night was had by all.

I attended a Service of Remembrance at Gateshead on 6 Nov and saw at least a dozen PJM medals being worn along side issued medals, this event was run by the RBL.
A great night was had by all.

Thanks Bill.

That is very encouraging.

Post Discrimination 
No problems at Southampton. Didn't see any PJMs - because I was sitting down behind a rather unpleasant selection of bottoms!

Ah well, old mate, that is very unfortunate. At least standing in the centre rank of a lot of other old farts you only get to see if the bloke in front has washed behind his ears or has dandruff on his collar.....not that it matters since the old fart behind one is probably doing the same thing. Unpleasant bottoms I could not cope with and congratulate you on your fortitude.

Post Descrimination 
Since I received my PJM, nobody has even mentioned its removal to me on our Rememberence day parades. What I suspect, is, sour grapes from some officious types, who really ought to be better informed.

Glad that you were able to get to the bottom of things, Alan, and great that you made the parade after being signed off for your technical fault on the A700.

If anyone has unfortunately seccumbed to, not so much a creeping loss of the follicles, but a determined rush; Mike can come along and paint lots of little rabbits on your head. From a distance they look like hairs.

Down with flu at the moment, but I'm on the mend, so I missed the parade, again.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Post discrimination 
Iattended my local rememberance service on 8 nov in St Bomer in normandy, no discrimination here in fact one old lady was very interested in my GSM Malaya and my father in law's ww2 medals my wife was wearing. Just wish I had my PJM to wear alongside the GSM.

I attended the local Runcorn/Halton parade.

I am the slim one, second from the left. I wore my PJM. I think you can just make it out.

Also in attendance was Dereck Twigg MP and Mike Hall MP. Had a quick chat with both.

Phredd

I attended my local church parade on Sunday and was asked to lay the wreath with a fellow elder who served in Germany

on National service, I of course wore my PJM alongside my GSM with clasps Malaya Pen and Borneo and did not have any

adverse comment, only ones of congratulation.

I did watch Songs of Praise in the evening and had many fond memories of the Guards Chapel, I did spot 1 PJM together

with a GSM with single clasp worn.

I also watched later the edited version of the ceremony at Whitehall however all the PJM wearers must have been edited

out as I could not spot any.

Well done all those that paraded with Impunity.

Cameron Buchanan (ex 1SG)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1