Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Gurkhas
Post Gurkhas 
What great news today about the Gurkhas and hope that everyone will sign the petition that Joanna Lumley was asking to be signed. It is on gurkhajustice.org.uk Smile

Last edited by Mrs L Brookes on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post Gurkhas 
Lennie,

Glad to have obliged,

David

(I've also put in a word(?) in the members Forum)

Post Gurkhas 
Duly signed. Very Happy

John

Kuching.
Post Re: Gurkhas 
Mrs L Brookes wrote:
What great news today about the Gurkhas and hope that everyone will sign the petition that Joanna Lumley was asking to be signed. It is on gurkhajustice.org.uk Smile

It has now come to note that as of today there are 69,000 signatures. Keep up the good work!

Mrs L Brookes wrote:
It has now come to note that as of today there are 69,000 signatures. Keep up the good work!

Hi Lennie,

Willco!

And my support has nothing whatsoever to do with the scrummy Joanna Lumley being so deeply involved!

Nor the fact that she was once a neighbour of mine.

Nor the fact that she shares a birth date (dd/mm) with one of my delightful granddaughters.

Her support has been fundamental, but the Gurkha cause also speaks for itself. However the furtherance of that cause, in the face of the intransigence of HMG and the civil servants driving them, has been dependent upon support such as yours, Lennie. Indefatigable. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Barry

Uncertain or not if I'd already signed , I've done it again to make sure. I have from some where, but where ? that Joanna Lumley's father served with the 2/6th Gurkhas in Malaya. When serving with No Ten Police Jungle company, based in the Labis /Yong Peng area of Johore, the 2/6th were our neigbours , which meant we had a lot to do with them . In fact I once did an operation with one the 2/6th Platoons . Then during my time in Fort Brooke , a number of different GRs operated from the Fort . To thank me for what I did for them during their stay, one of the GRs when they pulled out, presented me a large stone jar, full of their issue Rum - Yipee. So for this, they deserve two signatures from me at least .
Best whishes
Roy .

I've just sent in three votes, one for each of my family.
John

BarryF wrote:
Mrs L Brookes wrote:

Hi Lennie,

Willco!

And my support has nothing whatsoever to do with the scrummy Joanna Lumley being so deeply involved!

Nor the fact that she was once a neighbour of mine.

Nor the fact that she shares a birth date (dd/mm) with one of my delightful granddaughters.

Her support has been fundamental, but the Gurkha cause also speaks for itself. However the furtherance of that cause, in the face of the intransigence of HMG and the civil servants driving them, has been dependent upon support such as yours, Lennie. Indefatigable. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Barry

Barry.

Thanks for the message. Like you I didn't sign it because of Joanna Lumley but the fact that I was in Malaya with the Gurkhas and know what wonderful people they are and how much we needed them. They deserve their recognition and our help. There are now 79.000 signatures so it is getting there!!

Best wishes

Lennie

Lennie et al....it is a great pity that the petition excludes potential signators who are not resident in the UK (having a UK Postal code)

There must be many ,like me, who served with these rugged little men and who still, 50 years later, have nothing but admiration for them, who would gladly sign but are denied the opportunity...a wee bit short - sighted on the part of the organizers perhaps?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1