Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Named or Blanked 
Good question,
If they stamp our name on the rim it will take for ever to issue the medals, my guess is the best you can hope for is that it is numbered and our name is put against that number in some book never to see the light of day again.
I suspose we could have our names stamped on the rim privately?

Post Re: Named or Blanked 
Paul Alders wrote:
Good question,
If they stamp our name on the rim it will take for ever to issue the medals, my guess is the best you can hope for is that it is numbered and our name is put against that number in some book never to see the light of day again.
I suspose we could have our names stamped on the rim privately?

I'm sure I saw somewhere last week where those PJMs bought privately COULD be engraved on the rim with your name for £10 extra, so I should imagine they will be coming through blank??????

Post Medal Issue 
Hi Lads, seems I'm late on this one. Iwrote to Malaysian embassy in London in March this year about PJM. When should I expect a reply.
I wish I known about the reunion I would love to meet and talk to some of the lads again from 'F' Troop 132 Battery RA. John (REME).

You are most welcome, have you filled in your application form and sent it to Fred at NMBVA.
if not let me know and I'll get the details to you.

Welcome to the forum John on your first post as Paul has said if you want help just ASK! Very Happy

Post PJM /Engraving 
When the PJM is finally given to us !! It comes in a very nice presentation box.I personally will keep mine in the box on display.
As when I got my GSM+ clasps they were given to me in the pay office with a cheery sign 'ere mate.I therefore have sent to Australia for replicas.The prices are by far cheaper than any medal supplier in the UK and thats including p&p and engraving with your name number and unit.Prices Full size £14 engraving £8.Miniature £4.The name of the company is Heritage Medals www.heritagemedals.co.au. There is also a link to this site on our NMBVA site.Front page scroll down to the bottom click on medals.Hope this is of some help.

Post PJM Engraving. 
I have checked with the Australian site ASAC and asked them if the PJM came engraved. The reply is that the PJM is in fact engraved with your name and service number. Well the ones issued to Australian veterans were. However, the inscription is so small, they say, that you need a microscope to read it.

Post Re: PJM MEDAL FORMAT 
ro5=6372 wrote:
Question JUST A GENERAL QUERY, THE PJM , DOE'S ANYONE KNOW IF IT COMES NAMED TO RECIPIENT, OR BLANK ?

Pete,

Aussie ones are engraved apparently - sent by their grateful Government by recorded delivery at the Government's expense.

Brit ones are anonymous, no names - they were handed over in the box - with a civil servant present to make sure none were officially pinned on. As for distribution, our lads have to collect their PJMs from London because the Foreign Office and MoD have shirked any involvement and have dumped on us and the gracious Malaysians.

Associations are trying ti find a way round this - but it whatever happens, it will be at the cost of the veteran.

I am sick to the teeth of the shabby and mean treatment being meted out to honourable veterans - and some say that the Men from the Ministries are laughing their socks off as we try and achieve a dignified result for honourable men and women who have honourably earned an honourable medal.

We have been told by the MoD that no matter what we say here - it will change nothing. Two or three civil servants have apparently made their minds up and nothing, not even 'democracy', is going to change the decision. That makes them more powerful than the Government and the Queen!

Watch this space ... !!!

Barry

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: PJM MEDAL FORMAT 
BarryF wrote:

Brit ones are anonymous, no names - they were handed over in the box - with a civil servant present to make sure none were officially pinned on. As for distribution, our lads have to collect their PJMs from London because the Foreign Office and MoD have shirked any involvement and have dumped on us and the gracious Malaysians.

Thats a bit much.

The MHC in Belgrave Square, is supposed to Malaysian Territory.

They (the suits) can't do that, but they have appeared to do it.

Disgraceful behavior from disgraceful people.

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Re: COLLECTING PJM'S 
ro5=6372 wrote:
WELL LOLOLOLOL, COLLECTING THIS MEDAL WILL BE DIFFICULT, AND COSTLY, FOR SOME VETS.NOT A PROB FOR ME THO.LOOK THE LESS THE TOSSERS WHO MAYBE ARE LAUGHING THEIR SOCKS OFF,THE HAPPIER IT MAKES ME,GIVEN THE STANCEOF THE M.O.D. AND H.D.,AND ALL THE SLOPING SHOULDERS 'BLOOMING IDIOT'S INVOLVED,I DON'T WANT COCK ALL TO DO WITH THEM,AND THERE ARE PEOPLE, ALL ROUND THE WORLD LAUGHING AT THEM! LIKE I SAID PREVIOUS, I'M PROUDER TO HAVE SAID BOLLOCKS TO SERVING,AND GIVEN THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN TREATED,WE SHOULD RAISE THE PROFILE OF HOW YOU GET TREATED BY YOUR GOV, TO THE NEXT GENERATION OF POTENTIAL RECRUITS,WHEN PEOPLE SEE THIS AND RECRUITMENT TAILS OFF,MAYBE WE CAN ALL LAUGH TOGETHER ! FORGET THE FANCY ADVERTS ON THE TELLY(PLENTY OF MONEY FOR THAT EH),IF YOU BELIEVE THAT ,WELL LET ME SUGGEST ,TO ANY POTENTIAL SQUADDIE,THERE AIN'T ANY TREE'S IN A DESERT,AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THE INFANTRIES JOB IS ,GO TO NORTHERN FRANCE,OR BELGIUM,THERE'S TEN'S OF THOUSANDS THERE,ALL DEAD OF COURSE,AND THE POOR SOD'S WHO WHERE SHREDDED BY ARTILLERY ,ALL THATS LEFT OF THEM IS A NAME ON A MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING,AND EVEN THERE ITS THE LOCALS WHO PAY RESPECT DAILY,AS AT YPRE'S, AND THE PUBLIC. NOW YOUNG MAN STILL FANCY IT,EH , 'FORWARD AS ONE' OH YEH, BUT ITS HOME ALONE 'IN A BOX'. WHILE CROWN MINISTERS,SCREW AROUND , HONOURS SEEM FOR SALE,AND OTHERS STATE THEY HAVE TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM,I JUST LOVE IT.STILL LAUGHING, THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME, FROM MANY MORE,THAN I,COS WE WILL GET STRONGER,AND MISSION WILL BE TO TAKE SMILES OFF FACES,BY GETTING UNRESTRICTED.HA KIN HA HA !

Many people have written many letters to MPs, to the MOD and to the HD committee etc. but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere so perhaps it is time to change direction because ro5=6372 has a point when he says we should raise the profile of how you get treated by your government….especially when you have served out your usefulness. Present day service personnel needs to be informed how badly the MOD has treated the 35000 aging veterans from the 1950s and 1960s who fought in the jungles of Malaya and Borneo……and as a result left over 500 of their number behind in graveyards that are either maintained by local Malaysians or neglected and overgrown because the British government doesn‘t care.

Those serving today and carrying out the orders of this present government, however distasteful those orders might be, are the veterans of tomorrow, so perhaps we should prepare a statement telling them of the PJM situation, highlighting the fact that at first the medal was at first refused….and then, after much protest was grudgingly accepted with the proviso that it not be worn. In contrast, other Commonwealth countries like Australia and NZ, after first obtaining sanction from the Queen, has gratefully accepted the medal without reservation and are now courier delivering the medals to their veterans. Perhaps we should tell them that in spite of the MOD refusing to help verify British veteran entitlement or assist with the distribution in any way, the medal is now being issued to British veterans but we are not allowed to wear it on remembrance day when we remember those who didn‘t return.

And to bring this situation to the attention of today’s servicemen perhaps we could compile an email address data base of as many regiments, regimental associations and forums etc. as we can and send each one a prepared statement outlining the situation and to point out to those serving today that they are the veterans of tomorrow and will no doubt receive similar treatment when they have served out their usefulness At the same time we could send copies of the statement to as many MPs as we can find Email addresses for.

Cheers, Ken

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1