Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
"The Fight Goes On" - And how!
Post "The Fight Goes On" - And how! 
I have just received an email from our staunch supporter John Simcock in Manchester.

He sent me this link to an article in his local newspaper:

http://www.metronews.co.uk/news/s/1065545_veterans_to_defy_war_medal_snub

Wonderful stuff. Yes, John ... the fight does go on.

Great stuff, the suits are not giving in as it is their principle not to do so, we hope next month to start to change that philosophy........

Post Manchester Dedication 
I'll be attending that parade on the 10th.Wearing the PJM with pride as I have done for some time now.I've had my haircut,bulled my best shoes,and polished my tooth. Rolling Eyes

Post Manchester Dedication 
Absolutely first class and well done the stalwarts in the Northern Malaya and Borneo Veterans Association, Manchester.
Our Prime Minister who keeps preaching that we should all be more British should read this site and see what it means to be British - veterans who do not accept injustice, discrimination, and institutional bullying from a secret quango which does not even act on behalf of our democratically elected government.

Wear your PJM with pride. You fought for it and earned it, and you have a Warrant issued under the Royal Sign Manual publicised in the London Gazette dated 3rd. May, 1968, to wear it.

Best wishes for a great ceremony in Manchester.
I am sure Smudger’s polished tooth will be a sight to behold.

Post Dedication of our Standard 
A great day was had by all with over 150 veterans and families in attendance.Dignitaries,Association Standards and a bugler to play the Last Post.Indeed a very impressive turn out.b][/b]

Post Re: Dedication of our Standard 
Smudger wrote:
A great day was had by all with over 150 veterans and families in attendance.Dignitaries,Association Standards and a bugler to play the Last Post.Indeed a very impressive turn out.b][/b]

Smudger,

I was honoured to be there. It was a stunning ceremony.

What struck me was the all-pervading sense of spirit and camaraderie that was present everywhere.

The day was all about the dedication of the new standard of course but, as what must be a secondary interest, I was struck by the 100% support for the Fight4thePJM campaign – including support from your VIP guests one of whom told me that although he was not a PJMer he was following the fight and it had his total support and that of just about everyone he knew. That was a stunning endorsement from a very high profile and influential figure.

All the guests were unanimous about the special atmosphere that members of the Northern Malaya and Borneo Veterans Association have achieved in Manchester. You have to experience it to understand it. I did – and I was privileged to do so.

It was a remarkable day - brilliantly organised - and one I shall not forget.

Great stuff, Manchester. And congratulations Northern MBVA. You are a wonderful example to us all on what Malaya-Borneo camaraderie is all about.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1