Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Swindon Presentation of PJM
Post Swindon Presentation of PJM 
The Malaysian Military Attache presented the PJM and citations to about 200 people at the Swindon RAFA Club last April. I have had mine mounted alongside the GSM & LS&GCM and wore it with pride at the Remembrance Parade in Whitehall last year and will be doing so again this year. There will be an almighty row if anyone tells me I can't wear it, I am now a civilian and no one is going to tell me what I can wear on my blazer. Take one down take them all down.

I'm so pleased we are on the same side............

BTW everyone things are beginning to heat up again, still a lot going on behind the scenes, I have a couple of cases with The Information Commissioner at the moment and further action is not far away, more info as it comes in

Keep battling away everyone, might is right!

Post Re: Swindon Presentation of PJM 
Ron Brown wrote:
There will be an almighty row if anyone tells me I can't wear it, I am now a civilian and no one is going to tell me what I can wear on my blazer. Take one down take them all down.

Amen to that, Ron.

And if anyone does tell you to remove the PJM, remind them that a Government Minister has said in public that the London Gazette Notice of May 1968 (The Queen's Warrant, as he puts it, because it is Her authority) is the extant authority for you to wear the PJM. And the Gazette Notice is only one of the reasons you can wear your medal with honour.

"Your Medal - Your right"

Welcome to the Forum.

Barry

Post Wear it with Pride 
Good on you Ron.

Wear your PJM with pride and honour, you fought for it and it was awarded to you by the King of Malaysia for your service to his country.

You have every right to wear the PJM as Barry has already said and I may add that it was a Civil Servant who used the Royal Prerogative to say that permission will not be given to wear it.

There is no official document from the Queen, the 200 years old system of Warrant under the Royal Sign Manual (Sovereign's signature) was ignored, and we only have as an 'official document' civil service internal correspondence so 'official' that the author only signs it with his Christian name and mis-spells his own surname.

This discrimination of British veterans in the Commonwealth came from the British civil servants who have gone a bridge too far.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1