Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Veterans Day Parade. Coventry
Post Veterans Day Parade. Coventry 
In the Veterans Parade in Coventry today I spotted 5 Veterans wearing the PJM (inc myself) 1 Veteran only had the PJM a 2 others had NO Malay/Borneo medal.
So that’s 3 out of 5 with no other medal for their Malay/Borneo service.
So where’s does the double medal rule apply to them.

If my maths is correct that's 60%

Post Veterans Day Parade Coventry 
This is impossible Paul, MOD reckon everyone out there received a GSM with appropriate clasp, but we know different now, don't we?

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Veterans Day Parade. Coventry 
Paul Alders wrote:
In the Veterans Parade in Coventry today I spotted 5 Veterans wearing the PJM (inc myself) 1 Veteran only had the PJM a 2 others had NO Malay/Borneo medal.
So that’s 3 out of 5 with no other medal for their Malay/Borneo service.
So where’s does the double medal rule apply to them.

If my maths is correct that's 60%

Which is precisely what we've been telling them from our very first Rebuttal - the majority of PJMers do not have a British Medal - and in any event the two are quite different and double medalling is not relevant. They know that. The MoD knows that. The latter have admitted it to me!

Post Double Medaling. 
The FCO have stated that they have no records of any British citizen being refused permission to wear a foreign award which had been given permission to accept over the past 60 years.
The MoD also state that they have no such records.
This means that when they say that it is long standing policy or procedure they are only making this up as their records do not confirm a double medal policy against foreign medals to British citizens in the past.
So the question is 'how does Meg Munn MP, Paliamentary under Secretary of State at the FCO and others come to the conclusion that the PJM cannot be given permission to be worn because of a double medal rule which does not apply to it (the PJM) and where there are no previous recorded cases of such, and when the double medal rule was only used (against British citizens not being servants of the Crown) after the PJM was awarded by the Supreme Head of the Federation of Malaysia'.
Answer, they are making it up as they go along and will be found out in the not too distant future. The one thing that they cannot disregard is the Warrant under the Royal Sign-Manual which has been in operation for over 200 years and is a Royal prerogative.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1