Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Maintaining the integrity of the Honours System............
Post Maintaining the integrity of the Honours System............ 
...............how many letters and emails and circulars have we all had relating to the above title, mmmmm, I must have had dozens of lletters and emails giving the reasons why we cannot wear the PJM, I wouldn't go as far as quoting The FCO as ever saying that the PJM is a dishonourable medal but I would have to ask the question is 'Sir' Robert Mugabe an honourable person to keep and wear his honoury knighthood awarded by The Queen under Major's Government in 1994.

How honourable is he and how does this award now maintain the integrity of the Honours System in what is happening in Zimbabwe, what an absolute farce and disgrace, is this the same Queen that has denied us our right or the same Foreign and Commonwealth Office who are well known for their double standards if not double meddliing [sic]

Post Sir Magabe, as was! 
Cool
See the attached page from Online BBC News.

Twisted Evil
Since Her Majesty has approved the withdrawl from Magabe of his Knighthood for outrageous behaviour, do you think me "old cock sparrows" might use their (well researched) arrows to see off "Cock(y) Robin" again as well as all the Bustards that hung around for the pickings (awards for meritorious service?). Perhaps HM could/might refuse any more recommendations for awards to Civil Servants and their Military accolytes; and recall a few of theirs!

One has to wonder.....Was the withdrawal notice of Sir Robert's knighthood signed according to the 'Royal Warrant'....or was it merely signed informally, with the Christian name of her Personal Secretary????????????

If the former, then Sir Robert was accorded more in the way of dignity than we were, comrades....

According to the BEEB web report the Queen has approved the removal of the Knighthood, see here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7473243.stm

No mention of 'transmitted in the usual manner'

As I only posted this yesterday I don't suppose for one moment that anyone was looking in from The FCO to The F4 Site were they? Wink

Post Mugabe 
Ah yes, all very well stripping him of his Knighthood but will he be allowed not to wear it !!! Rolling Eyes

And will it be policed. Cool

Sorry guys, just couldn't resist it. Embarassed

I'll get me coat. Wink

Kuching.
I wonder if the original announcement of him being given the award was published in the LG at that time?

If it was, will there be an announcement in the LG this week, stripping it from him?

Post Integrity of the system 
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office knew full well, even before Robert Mugabe received his Knighthood, that he was less than he ought to be. His record of intimidation and violence are all well documented, even prior to his assuming power in Zimbabwe.

Therefore, when it comes to integrity and the honours system, I really think that those who 'advise' Her Majesty in all things, should either be fully acquainted with Mugabe's turbulent past, or should strive to get out more.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I was involved in the 'peace talks' at Lancaster House in 1979 and Mugabe and his henchman Joshua Nkomo came back one lunchtime, were challenged by an 18 year old WRAC (Pro) LCpl at the door who was promptly felled to the floor by Mugabe. He shouted at her 'my face is my pass'.

Needless to say neither the military authorities nor the Foreign Office said anything about the incident but it shows the degree of hatred that this excuse for a man had for the white race and the craven cowardice of the British authorities. That the government went on to give him the leadership of Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) must rank as one of the biggest and most tragic mistakes that they have ever made.

John

Post Integrity and the honours system 
And hasn't our successive Governments made a lot of them, John.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Yes Arthur and amongst the most serious is the disenfranchisement of our Armed Forces!

John

Post Integrity 
I agree entirely with you John, makes you ashamed to be British.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I was involved in the 'peace talks' at Lancaster House in 1979 and Mugabe and his henchman Joshua Nkomo came back one lunchtime, were challenged by an 18 year old WRAC (Pro) LCpl at the door who was promptly felled to the floor by Mugabe. He shouted at her 'my face is my pass'.

Needless to say neither the military authorities nor the Foreign Office said anything about the incident but it shows the degree of hatred that this excuse for a man had for the white race and the craven cowardice of the British authorities. That the government went on to give him the leadership of Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) must rank as one of the biggest and most tragic mistakes that they have ever made.

John

....Reminds me of an elderly joke about the City Hall bigshot who yelled at a Glasgow 'clippie' that his 'face was his ticket'.....whereupon she instantly replied, in typical Glaswegian fashion....'That suits me fine, since my job is to punch it'...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1