Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Dr Andrew Murrison - Derek Twigg
Post Dr Andrew Murrison - Derek Twigg 
I received this, this morning, 17 May 2008. Needless to say I am working on a reply!

Derek Twigg undoubtedly signed this. Did he dictate it? Was it drafted for him? Are Members of Parliament barred from questioning their advisers - great or small? I am not disappointed; the answer, as usual, was predicatable.

I shall reply to Dr Murrison thanking him for his efforts.

Last edited by GLOman on Sun May 18, 2008 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Deleted by PA as it should have been a PM

Last edited by Paul Alders on Sun May 18, 2008 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Andrew Murrison - Derek Twigg 
Paul,

I have sent you a pm.

Regards,

David

Post Dr Andrew Murrison - Derek Twigg 
I've sent a thank you to Dr Murrison:

Twisted Evil
I wonder if one of the Minister POW's of their civil servants will have the bottle to oppose Don Touhig's 10 Minute Rule Bill;
after all if they are prepared to sign letters based on what we claim is misreprentation, why not stand up and state their committment to the "facts" they have authorised in the letters they have signed! Then we get a vote!

WHY AM I NOT SUPRISED THAT THE VETERANS MINISTER WILL DO LITTLE TO HELP VETERANS.......BECAUSE HE IS PROTECTING HIS OWN BACKSIDE AND WITH DUE DILIGENCE IS ENSURING HIS MINISTERIAL POSITION IS FIRE PROOF.ALONG WITH THE ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS AND SALARY THAT HE RECIEVES FROM US TAXPAYERS.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE LABOUR PARTY IS A WASTE OF SPACE AND THE SOONER THEY ARE REPLACED THE BETTER US VETERANS MAY BE TREATED.

sorry! just fed up with reading the same garbage from our elected crapheads every day on our web site!!!!!

Roger Costa Calida

I have to speak as I find.
When Barry & I met Derek Twigg we found him most helpful but he is limited in what direct action he can take.
He has offered to raise the issue of the PJM at Ministerial Level.
Paul

Post Re: Dr Andrew Murrison - Derek Twigg 
GLOman wrote:
I am not disappointed; the answer, as usual, was predicatable.

Derek Twigg has confirmed in writing that he will present new evidence if we supply it. He has therefore met the commitment he made to Paul and myself at our meeting on the 23rd April. At this stage we can ask no more - nor do we need to in the context that he has already written to the FCO in support of the veterans he represents.

In essence, he has been told face to face by us that he has been sold some duff budgies by the civil servants who brief him. It is now down to us to prove that ... and ... surprise, surprise, a fresh Fight4thePJM submission will be winging its way to him via Paul's MP on Monday.

Thanks, David, for your continuing support.

Barry

PS To balance the political books, I would like to point out that no Conservative Shadow Minister has agreed to meet us. None. So ... thank you again Mr Twigg for doing while in office what the Tories feel they do not need to do in opposition.

Post Dr Andrew Murrison 
Received this pm:

I must clarify my remarks above. It was not my intention to criticise Derek Twigg, who as Paul and Barry have said, has supported us as much as he can within his remit; it was meant for such as David Milliband Foreign Minister and Meg Munn at the Foreign Office in particular who have continued to serve up the same old nonsense time after time. If she believes that what she has signed is true then should she stand up to be counted. At least we appear to be getting replies, if not the required ones, from the FCO unlike the days of the Rt Hon Margaret Beckett MPwhen we got nothing! Moreover, as Dr Murrison has said we do need the support of the Government for success - any bets?

David

Post Case for the PJM 
May I ask whether Derek Twigg has been handed a copy of the case for the PJM? I have also written to Meg Munn and David Milliband, but have not had the courtesy of a reply as yet. Perhaps Mr Twigg may yet get through to to them, unlike our correspondence.

We can only watch and wait.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Have no fear Derek Twigg is fully aware of the PJM and within the next 48 hours will have all the paperwork he can handle. I might add at his request.
Paul

Post Case for the PJM 
Thanks for that Paul. As ever, the sterling work of our campaign will eventually grind them down and ensure justice is done.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Derek Twigg 
Gentlemen!I attended the National Veterans Day at Blackpool where I met and chatted to Derek Twigg himself.I found him a good listener and when I thanked him for his involvement in our fight he assured me the more 'ammunition' we can provide the more chance he has of helping.He genuinely seems to be interested.

Well done Smudger......great to see that our lads are always up for siezing the opportunity

I shall be on parade in Widnes tomorrow and shall be wearing my medal.

I have been told that Derek Twigg MP will also be in attendance so he will see a few more PJM's from his local area.

Phredd

Post Re: Derek Twigg 
Smudger wrote:
Gentlemen!I attended the National Veterans Day at Blackpool where I met and chatted to Derek Twigg himself.I found him a good listener and when I thanked him for his involvement in our fight he assured me the more 'ammunition' we can provide the more chance he has of helping.He genuinely seems to be interested.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1