Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MoD Civil Servants lack of knowledge
Post MoD Civil Servants lack of knowledge 
You will all love this email that i have received from the MoD.

Dear Mr Alders,

Thank you for your request dated, 25 February 2008 for information under The Freedom of Information Act 2000.

However, in order for us to provide you with an answer could you please advise as to the meaning of PJM.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Peter Francis
Info-AccessOps5

Post Bombardment of E mails 
Lets have the E mail address, so that I can whip something off...I think we should all send a highly indignant Email to this "Clever" so and so.
Terry...

Either this guy is being flippant or is just ignorant is hard to define, but I guess it is par for the course Confused

Post PJM 
As you said John, you are right on both counts... flippant and ignorant. Let's face it, that's what we pay them to be, so we mustn't grumble at the absurdity of it all.

Yours aye

Arthur

Last edited by StanW on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post MOLE 
StanW,

Not being a MOLE or MOULE I cannot speak from a personal point of view. However, one person who commented stated "Thank god there are still some people out there still who have integrity"........"More power to your elbow Civil Serf". When caught, she will probably be assessed as 0.1% under your terrific "what makes 100%" post Sat Feb 16 2008 10:44pm, and Red/Negative under the Civil Service assement guide, paraphrased in my post "Performance ratings of CS" 17 Feb 2008":

Red/Negative - for those principled people who, though small in numbers,
display the integrity and honesty encouraged in the Civil
Service Code to make a POSITIVE contribution, which if followed
could restore respect and trust in the Civil Service (although
they are probably regarded as trouble makers)! The exception
must be those who thought their pay and conditions were
unsatisfactory!

However, I think her complaints are based somewhat selfishly on what she sees as unfairness to herself and the slights on the Department in which she works rather than the general incompetence of Civil Servants, including lying by ommission, obfuscation, misinterpretation, manipulation, the re-writing of rules and their subsequent retrospective implimentation, misinforming the Prime Minister, Ministers and Members of Parliament when advising them against allowing the formal wearing of the PJM.

In spite of her criticisms, which cover the Budget, Government policies, the PM, Ministers (but noticeably, not Senior Civil Servants), and seemingly all but the tea lady, I believe her criticisms are selective and specific; a personal bitch against the system - if she feels that affected by her situation perhaps she should retire!

I trust that what I have made of this newspaper report will meet with approval.

David

PS A Dept source said they had their "suspicions" about her identity. A spokesman added "Civil servants are expected to abide by the Civil Service Code of Conduct" - apparently, only when it suits them, according to my (our) experiences.

PPS I wonder if she has been passed over (again?) for promotion?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1