Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Foreign Secretary
This thread started with David Miliband & Douglas asking the General Public for Questions.
It has got somewhat diverted.
Some of us did send in questions about the PJM to these two ministers of the FCO. Go to
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_XNdBEiCc and watch and listen to them NOT answering our questions

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Type David Miliband into search scroll down when his video clips come up.
It is there.
Which is more than you can say for an answer to the PJM Question.
Paul

Type David Miliband into search scroll down when his video clips come up.
It is there.
Which is more than you can say for an answer to the PJM Question.
Paul

Paul,

I have received the same attitude from many members of our present government (bless the little dears!) when they say publicly they will answer your questions to show that they are an open and transparent government, what they mean is they will not answer all the questions, only those which suit them. Its called politics and it has reached a situation in this country where lies and deceit are the order of the day.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Meg Munn 
These came through the door this morning - Sandra is still very much "with us." I continue to keep in touch and send my appreciations. (P.S. If I am treading on anyone else's toes please let me know.)

Well done Tony..... good work....keep the pressure on....

Post Kentsboro 
Seems to me that you are treading on the right toes and the more we pressure Meg Munn P.U.S.S (Permanent Under Secrteary of State) the better.

I received an email from the FCO advising me that the recommendation to allow the temporary wear of the PJM in Malaysia last year was made by the HD Committee who did not meet but came to this decision through email, letters, fax and telephone. It was not discussed at parliamentary level but Meg Munn and the Foreign Secretary were involved in the recommendation. I do not know yet if HM the Queen actually gave the Royal Assent for this but I have a FOI Act request with the FCO dated 15th. January, 2008, which they said would hopefully be answered within 20 days but it is now 28 days and still no answer.

As the PJM was given the highest authority (we are told) to be worn albeit on a temporary basis, then this defeats all their arguments on why it cannot be worn in the UK and shows that their decision is sheer discrimination of British citizens and this will be taken into account when this shameful treatment of British citizens is taken to a higher authority.

I got the same letters also this morning.
Paul

Post Letter to Sandra Gidley MP 
Paul and Tony......since you boys have already done all 'the heavy lifting' I thought perhaps I might chip in with a little 'tidying-up and dusting' in your wake...

So....I have just sent the following letter of appreciation off to Ms Gidley in the name of the Association,

February 12 2008

My Dear Ms Gidley MP

Having been apprised of your recent communications with Messr's ALDERS and DAVIES via postings on the website http://www.fight4thepjm.org/home.htm

On behalf of the Fight4 team and all members of the Association permit me to express sincere gratitude and appreciation for your lobbying of the Minister with regard to the disgraceful and anomalous, ongoing PJM situation.

Support such as you are providing is critical to our campaign and I thought perhaps you'd like to know that your continuing efforts are gratefully recognised, not only by British Veterans, Widows, survivors and other interested parties, domiciled in the UK, but worldwide ....we boast members in 30 countries on five continents.

Once again, on behalf of the Fight4the PJM Association membership.

Thank you!

John 'Jock' Fenton
Chairman;Fight4the PJM Association
328 Hillcroft Street
Oshawa, Ontario,
Canada L1G 2L9

Post Sandra Gidley 
Jock,

Well done and at an opportune time when Sandra Gidley is putting in the effort on our behalf.
Only one thing I would say to her, thank you and we will not forget those who helped us at the next General Election which is not too far away. Andy.

Post Sandra Gidley 
Thank you for your input Jock. Oh and mcd - I most certainly will not forget where the help came from I assure you.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2