Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The right to own the medal
Post The right to own the medal 
As much as I agree with the the right to wear the medal there are many cases where the medal as not even been recieved in my case I was unable to go to the presentation last month after waiting for over a year, I presumed that it would have been posted, but during my application period I have never been contacted as to what the proces is or even informed as to when I may recieve my medal.

Does anybody now off a direct telephone number I can call so I can call to find out what is happening, emails are a complete waste of time as they never get answered.

Apprently I have been accepted, but that is all I know.......

Paul

Post Re: The right to own the medal 
paulbristow wrote:
As much as I agree with the the right to wear the medal there are many cases where the medal as not even been recieved in my case I was unable to go to the presentation last month after waiting for over a year, I presumed that it would have been posted, but during my application period I have never been contacted as to what the proces is or even informed as to when I may recieve my medal.

Does anybody now off a direct telephone number I can call so I can call to find out what is happening, emails are a complete waste of time as they never get answered.

Fight4thePJM is not involved with the application for, or distribution of, the PJM. Whilst supporting those who are, we have to make that statement to avoid any implication of intruding where not welcome!

Your first port of call is Fred Burden at the NMBVA - his contact info is at www.nmbva.co.uk.

Because the MoD are not at all interested and will not help you, the next port of call has to be the Malaysian High Commission - their contact info is at http://malaysia.embassyhomepage.com/.

I have deliberately not included the telephone number here because I heard that another web site Not Mine But Very Adjacent had received a rocket for displaying the number which could have caused an overload situation at the MHC! Personally, when publishing the info I thought they were helping Malaya-Borneo veterans ... which is what this is all about ... and so I thought that that web site was doing the right thing when publishing the telephone number.

Please note: As mentioned above, the MoD will not help. No change there then. They're the ones who sat on a few thousand applications at the very beginning! If they had done the honourable thing and helped the Malaysians with the distribution issue, your problem would never have arisen.

Hope the above helps.

Barry

Thank you for the quick response and I have followed the instructions in your private email I will post back here if I am succesfull.

Paul

Do not give up, I called the Malaysian High Commision and asked for it to be posted and they said it would be 28 days well that was up 2 days ago, so I have allowed for Easter, therefore I should get it next week, if not I will keep calling until someone takes control....

After talking to the MHC on the telephone (to a perfect gentleman) I was informed that my medal would be posted in 28 days. It arrived after what I would guess as 28 working days. I'm sure that anything they promise will be fulfilled.
I wrote and thanked them, saying I will be wearing my medal with pride - WHICH I WILL!

After talking to the MHC on the telephone (to a perfect gentleman) I was informed that my medal would be posted in 28 days. It arrived after what I would guess as 28 working days. I'm sure that anything they promise will be fulfilled.
I wrote and thanked them, saying I will be wearing my medal with pride - WHICH I WILL!

That's very good news, chanter.

Delighted to hear your PJM has arrived and that you can wear it with pride in accordance with the London Gazette Notice.

Barry

Well I finally recieved my medal today (17-05-07) and very nice it is, I did not realise you also got a minature and a ribbon, I will be writing to Malayasian High Commision thanking them for the medal.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1