Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Chief of Defence Staff
    I notice that the Surg Gen, Lt Gen Lillywhite, (late RAMC thank God) has been very quiet over the past few weeks.
    Having met and known the man from old (as a Maj) makes me think that the 'waters' at MoD are not as calm as we are led to believe.

Phredd

ps :- have a look at one of his own men has to say >>>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nmedic101.xml

Post Procurement 
It is suggested that procurement is not tied up with funding - If this year's budget has run out, then what, ask for a truce 'till April when procurement can again begin (together with all the other needs, of course)?

Commanders in the field are not refused what they require - it just wont be supplied; reminiscent of -"The Queen has not refused permission to wear, she has not granted permission to wear" - remember, that came from MoD as well!

Quote:" Defence ministers have told me that should more resources be required, I need only to ask".....What more can government do !!!!!

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Chief of Defence Staff 
You've no doubt all heard/read today's news item about the "leaked" memo in which the CDS reports some damning comments made by today's squaddies. There has been a reported response from the MoD and I attach a few samples here. While I can agree that the comments may not be fully representative, becauase we do not know the breakdown of those whose comments have been reported, I was very concerned at the use of the expression "unedited comments". Clearly those in power within the MoD do not want the British public (who pay their waged) to learn anything that has not first been subjected to their spin drier. I find this a very disturbing corruption of the democratic principles on which this nation is supposedly founded.

Channel 4 News:
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence stressed the report represented the unedited views of individual soldiers which were not necessarily widely representative.
Daily Mail:
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence stressed that the report represented the unedited views of individual soldiers which were not necessarily widely representative.
IC Essex:
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence stressed that the report represented the unedited views of individual soldiers which were not necessarily widely representative
Sky News:
A Ministry of Defence spokesman stressed the report represented the unedited views of individual soldiers which were not necessarily widely representative.
GerryL

Arthur R-S. I think you have just put in writing, the words that sum up the whole b****y issue. Thank you!!!!! Dave

Post Re Corporate whinging. 
Good on yer, Arthur!

And it goes back to those who were not allowed to have a "passing interest" in their own welfare....and I'm talking about enlightened times... beyond a bullet as a cure for shell-shock. How about, "That atom bomb about to explode will do you no harm whatsoever, lads. You can either cover your eyes with your hands or stick your fingers in your ears." Or, "This cocktail of drugs is a quite harmless little dose of stuff to keep you going in case there are enemy chemicals about while you chase Saddam back to Iraq."

Yours Aye, always, Arthur.

MB

Post Re: Corporate whinging 
[

The upshot of it all, is, that life is an uncertainty, except when dealing with the MoD, then it makes it a certainty that you are going to get stuffed, one way or the other, and that is not a maybe.

Yours Aye... maybe

Arthur[/quote]
KIN'L ARFUR,THATS SO GOOD ITS BROUGHT ME OUT OF EXILE! BYE NOW

Wow, a blast from the past, I can hear the bugles a playing!!!

John

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
[quote="jireland"]Wow, a blast from the past, I can hear the bugles a playing!!!

John[/quote]
DON'T BE IN A RUSH JOHN,OTHER THAN REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY,ALL THE PEOPLE I'VE SOUNDED HONOURS FOR THIS YEAR,A Lt Col,A CHIEF PETTY OFFICER,A BOOTNECK,A R.A.F. PILOT,AND A LADY FROM THE W.R.A.C.s. WERE IN BOXES!

jireland wrote:
Wow, a blast from the past, I can hear the bugles a playing!!!

John

DON'T BE IN A RUSH JOHN,OTHER THAN REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY,ALL THE PEOPLE I'VE SOUNDED HONOURS FOR THIS YEAR,A Lt Col,A CHIEF PETTY OFFICER,A BOOTNECK,A R.A.F. PILOT,AND A LADY FROM THE W.R.A.C.s. WERE IN BOXES!

Maybe on walls, next time ... and by the tens of thousand, unhappily. We must get you over to the Menin Gate, Thiepval, Loos and a few other Memorials, Pete.

Good to see you back online.

Barry

Post Distant bugles. 
AH, PETE.... PADDLIN' YER OWN CANOE MUST BE A BIT CHILLY AROUND THE THWARTS AT THIS TIME O' THE YEAR, AND THAT CAN GIVE YER TERRIBLE CHIN-COUGH. WELCOME BACK INTO THE WARMTH OLD MATE.

MIKE.

Done that Pete, I started my Army life as a Junior Drummer in the Grenadier Guards and played at many ceremonial occasions unfortunately including funerals, not a pleasant experience.

John

Post EXILE 
Hello Pete, Where ave you been. I've sent out the Naval Patrol to look for you, but they only got as far as the pub... nothing new there then.

As you have been AWOL. I'll have your station card and put you on Jimmy's report, and I'll bet that we have both been there a few times... right?

Mike, You have pre-empted my favourite sayings about MoD and their advice on nuclear devices, still, someone had to say it, and it might as well be you.

Stan W. Well really, I would if I had half a mind to.

Yours in two minds

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3