Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chief of Defence Staff
Just placed my vote (Oh I do hate that politically bias rag of a so called newspaper !) No prizes being offered as to what I voted ! Rolling Eyes

Post Re: Posts Deleted. 
mcdangle wrote:
I heartily agree with what has been done. We should all be intelligent and old enough

Well, I'm certainly old enough.

Post Posts Deleted. 
I heartily agree with what has been done. We should all be intelligent and old enough to leave out anything not actually connected with our fight to have permission for the PJM to be worn.

I fully agree with ADMIN we have one aim and that is to win the right for ALL holders of the PJM to wear their medal along side any other medals they may hold.
When this is done, I'm going back to my retirement.

Post Re: Posts deleted 
admin wrote:

Now it's back to the campaign to win formal acknowledgement that we have the right to wear the PJM alongside the rest of the Commonwealth.

Admin

Our goalposts stay in one position and that is the position highlighted by Admin in Blue, we do not move the goalposts unlike the Civil Servants, hang in there, one day the tide will turn in our favour and the sooner the better...............

Post Posts deleted 
A number of posts have been deleted (as has one whole Topic with 2 pages of posts) because the content was off topic and had become personal - with hints of abusive language.

Up with that the vast majority of PJMers on the web site will not put. And, frankly, we're bored by the continual self and political "justifications". We have a vital job to do on behalf of thousands of British veterans - irrespective of our own personal and political beliefs.

The whingers should have taken a leaf out of that staunch supporter's, John Ireland's, book and not risen to the bait (but I think they had actually set the bait!).

If those involved (and they know who they are) wish to pack their bags and find another home for their petty intolerances and political posturing, then I for one will not miss them.

Now it's back to the campaign to win formal acknowledgement that we have the right to wear the PJM alongside the rest of the Commonwealth.

Admin

Post Re: Posts deleted 
admin wrote:

If those involved (and they know who they are) wish to pack their bags and find another home for their petty intolerances and political posturing, then I for one will not miss them.
Admin

.....And I for one heartily endorse Admin's stance...(I was about to say 'I'd drink to it', but that would have been setting myself up for the obvious ribaldry)

Post Corporate whinging 
It would appear that the 'spokesperson', for the MoD, has assumed the role of a cracked record, in declaring that the views represented by those serving ... etc.

I for one, if I was still serving, would take more than a passing interest in the fact, that, my weapon, may, or may not fire. The bullets in the magazine, may, or may not fire. The bullet proof jacket, may. or may not, stop a bullet. The helicopter that rushes me to an armed engagement, may or may not take off, or for that matter, stay up. Always remember folks, your equipment was made by the lowest bidder.

My pay, may or may not be stopped for a variety of reasons. My insurance may, or may not, pay out for injuries sustained in battle. The accommodation that my family lives in, may, or may not be condemed by the environmental health authorities. Official enquiries into deaths, may or may not happen.

If I happen to give vent to my feelings on the matter, then I do not need some rear-end from the MoD, telling me how to think and what to say. After all, like my serving colleagues, we would be keeping those whinging rear ends safe from destruction.

The upshot of it all, is, that life is an uncertainty, except when dealing with the MoD, then it makes it a certainty that you are going to get stuffed, one way or the other, and that is not a maybe.

Yours Aye... maybe

Arthur

I think the point they were making is the FACT that in ALL areas of life you will find the whingers....No matter how the majority think !

I think the point they were making is the FACT that in ALL areas of life you will find the whingers....No matter how the majority think !

Don't agree, Redcapfred. That's what you are saying. Not them.

What they are saying is that statements are only reliable after they have been edited ... inferring 'edited' by them!

And are you really suggesting that the Chief of Defence Staff, a Para Lt Col, DSO (Afghanistan), and soldiers currently serving in very difficult conditions who dare to question what is going on are ... "whingers"!

In my view, evenhandedness is one thing, but there's only so far right minded people should go to try and apologise for this shower who are destroying so much.

And you know as well as I do that the majority seldom say it as they see it. If they did, the government you defend so vehemently would be on the dole queue.

Just a personal view ...

Barry

Post Whingers! 
This site has been open long enough for any body to see and understand the workings of, particularly, un-named MoD Spokesmen's minds. Remember "disaffected veterans", "envious of current soldiers", "our troops are well supplied", "there are no problems with delivery" , "there are sufficient helicopters" etc, "there is no requirement for dedicated military hospitals" all replies to the media, TV, etc, by MoD Spokespersons stemming from complaints by soldiers, families and junior and senior (in some cases very senior) Officers - WHINGERS?

No Fred!" Whingers"/"wingeing" is an epithet used defensively, and offensively to decry what may well be justified complaints usually, but not always, from a minority group. On top of which we are considering the position of the Chief of the Defence Staff: is it likely he would support 'unattributable' (rather than unedited - poor MoD spokesmen?) complaints from'squaddies', probably through, and by, their CO's/OC's, and present them to MOD?

I think the point that MoD are making, is that they are up to their necks in problems of their own making - AGAIN!

Post Whingers 
Whingers my backside, Redcapfred.

The MOD and other civil service 'services' are running completely out of control and this government is suffering because of them. I personally have no respect for politicians but I must admit to a suspicion that the Mandarins in the civil service are deliberately making a mess of everything to bring the present incumbents into disrespect. Surely they cannot be so stupid and incompetent as the present circumstances suggest.
The MOD is progressing from one lie to another and it is quite obvious that they have lost the place and have lost the battle to prove others are responsible for the shocking mess our armed forces are in. Gordon 'I'll look into it' Brown should be looking into what he can do to replace the incompetents in the civil service and replace them with intelligent beings. Just an idea Gordon, but why not start at the very top and sack whoever is in charge of the Civil Service. This would bring you a lot of congratulations.

Quote: "What they are saying is that statements are only reliable after they have been edited ... inferring 'edited' by them! "

Then why are there those who are happy to believe newspaper reports AFTER they have been edited by them to tell it the way THEY want it to sound, missing out that VITAL quote from Gen Dannatt ("The military covenant is not broken, but more needs to be done.") because it countered the image they wish to portray?

Quote:"all replies to the media, TV, etc, by MoD Spokespersons "...And many of these spokespersons are not elected MP's and are of ALL political convictions (Labour, Conservative, Lib Dem, etc), they, like the HD Committee, are Civil Servants entrusted with a job. Commanders on the ground have NOT been refused anything they have asked for on the grounds of funding, if they do not get what they want it is more often a case of precurement ! And the Surgeon General is on record as having stated that our Troops get 'First Class' medical treatment ! Housing?, yes there are some sub-standard married quarters, but as I recall from my dats it was the same then !

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next