Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Meltdown
Post Meltdown 

Post Des Browne. 
The part-time Defence Secretary (he is also Scotland Secretary) Des 'Duffer' Browne is reported as saying 'the armed forces are safe in my hands'. Perhaps he should be renamed 'slippery Des'.

Looks like they are running out of excuses and unfortunately making a complete and utter mess of our armed forces and foreign policy and although many automatically blame the government of the day most overlook the fact that the Ministry of Deceit is staffed by thousands of Civil Servants with those at the top, named Mandarins, who believe they are indestructable and can do what they want to this country and the people in it.

The government must share some of the blame by not being strong enough to stand up to these civil servants. We at the fight4thepjm have faced them (metaphorically speaking as the cowards will not meet with us) and made them climb down on two, (or was it three Tanya?), previous occasions.

Stand by for more obfuscation and prevarication. An eminent General who recently retired from the army said that dealing with the MOD was like fighting your way through cotton wool. When the lives of our youth are at grave risk defending our country we must stand together and shout loud and clear to these civil servants enough is enough!

Isn't it time the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces asked a few questions of the Ministry of Offence. (sorry...Defence)?

Isn't it time the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces acknowledged the right for the PJM to be proudly worn ALL THE TIME?

Isn't it time the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces acknowledged that she is aware of the actions of Civil Servants in this matter?

Isn't it time the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces asked a few questions of a few people, "I'll look in to it" himself, for a start.

As noted on other topics, as a lifelong Royalist (In terms of the Queen) I now realise how much I have been conned. No longer !!

I would willingly give up my medals if I thought this shambles would treat our serving brothers and sisters as they should. The Covenant IS broken and we

all know where the resposibility lies.

All in my humble opinion, of course. Evil or Very Mad

See you in the Tower friends.

A totally disaffected Veteran.

Kuching.
Post Meltdown. 
SEMENGO.

Don't even think about surrendering your gongs. They will be very useful to US in the Tower. Because of them we might get an extra scoop of gruel and a larger crust of black bread.

Hold on to the thought that when the time of our arrest comes we shall have won our fight. Nobody can magic us away in the night without sons, daughters, friends and wives (hopefully) noticing.....then all Hell will break loose.

What a pity that the Commander-in-Chief does not have the F4 addy. I still hope that given the full story of our plight, and the true extent of the plight of her present troops she would shout as loud as we do. I was always the dreamer, the guy who looked for the best a day could bring......in fact a typical National Service bod who somehow survived. Sadly the years have condemned and now I'm just an old synic.

MB

I was always a "glass half full" type, well most of the time, but the C-in-C must know. How could the "permission to wear" in Malaysia come about otherwise?

We are forever being told that the C-in-C/H.M. reads everything laid before her. She has been an absolute "star" since 1952 in my view and I just cannot accept that she does not know about these issues.

I still think the most important thing is to support our troops on active service as I know you do.

I'll keep the gongs though. As you say, may be worth a crust if we need it.

I believe there is a "Royal Family at Work" series on BBC starting very soon, should be interesting. I wonder if we'll get a mention.................... Shocked

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.
I STILL find it hard to come to terms with the fact that HM has allowed herself to be conned by Sir Robin, and the HD Committee, that the PJM should be denied wear on the grounds that we were Crown Servants during its qualifying period, and has not pointed out to them that we were not Crown Servants when this Commemorative medal was confered, and therefore as it is a Commemorative, and NOT an active service medal, under the terms of her LG Statement, we DO have the right to wear. Up till recently, I have been a loyal supporter of the Queen but her failure to over-rule them has destroyed all that, and I shall not be attending any event at which she, or other Royals, preside

I STILL find it hard to come to terms with the fact that HM has allowed herself to be conned by Sir Robin, and the HD Committee, that the PJM should be denied wear on the grounds that we were Crown Servants during its qualifying period, and has not pointed out to them that we were not Crown Servants when this Commemorative medal was confered, and therefore as it is a Commemorative, and NOT an active service medal, under the terms of her LG Statement, we DO have the right to wear. Up till recently, I have been a loyal supporter of the Queen but her failure to over-rule them has destroyed all that, and I shall not be attending any event at which she, or other Royals, preside

I'm with yopu on all of that Redcapfred.

Barry

....While it is impossible to disagree with you Fred....it seems to me that HM is effectively isolated and insulated from all of our repeated attempts to contact her by every means available to us.....all of the comm's addressed to HM are 'vetted' by other interested parties, who respond in Her name....and I often wonder just how much information they actually permit to trickle through to HM's personal attention?

I totally respect your view Jock but Her Majesty has been on the throne for over 50 years. Through many changes of personnel who may or may not, wish to filter what she sees and hears. That leads to two possible theories,

1. Either HM blindly accepts what she is told,

2. Or there is an ongoing conspiracy to block information from the Monarch which covers numerous Prime Ministers of both political persuasions.

Personally I do not accept either theory. It is virually impossible, because of modern communication systems, to cut the Monarch off from what is going on. For example Radio, Television, Newspapers, The WW Web.(Now where did I put her email address?)

Like our good selves, no one believes everything we hear or are told in the media, but the sheer weight of some things just cause one to be concerned. e.g. the way our serving colleagues, and their dependants are being treated at present.

In the great scheme of things there are many more pressing matters than our fight to wear the PJM, and I truly question Her Majesty with a heavy heart, but there is something badly wrong in this country and the brilliant Fight4thePJM cause has just touched the surface in discovering it. The absolute gall of unelected Civil Servants in refusing to answer our concerns, bending the so called Freedom of Information Act to their miserable ends, the will of over 200 elected Members of Parliament (EDM's 356 and 375) being ignored but hey......................you-know-who will look into it.

(Rant ends) 73 and 88's to all. ("best wishes" in R Signals speak)

Kuching.
......Points well and truly taken Semengo....HM's apparent indifference is perhaps a depressing fact that I shall, reluctantly, have to accept.

No problem!

...we 'soldier on' regardless, secure in the knowledge that the man who won't be beat, can't be beat!

Your 73 & 88's are received 5 x 5 and given a big 'Roger that'!

BT..........................AR

"...we 'soldier on' regardless, secure in the knowledge that the man who won't be beat, can't be beat!"

no truer words my friend, and we will prevail Very Happy

BT........AR.........SK

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1